shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting: Who would do this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had that happen to us with one can but it turned out the garbage man did take them. The service decided we had to have a smaller regular garbage can and they
took ours and returned with a smaller one later in the week. I can''t tell you how ticked off we were! We pay the same and one day they decide we have to have a little
teeny tiny can for 7 people. So maybe, the trash people thought you had too many cans. I hope you get it figured out though and you get them back. How very
rude and annoying!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
My guess is the they were thrown away by the garbage collectors.

It''s happened to us a few times. if I overstuff a trash can & they cannot empty it they will throw it away or they will empty it & throw it to our house from across the street & crack it. I''ve put out smaller trash cans & they throw them away-
11.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I guess I could be like "well someone needed them more than me"...but that''s BS. Come on. Obviously I need my garbage cans, I have things to throw away too! I shouldn''t have to replace them just because someone decided they needed them. Ironically, garbage cans aren''t cheap...and it''s really not for someone else to decide that their need is greater than mine. It would have been different if someone had approached me and asked...but to just take them, well that''s stealing...and stealing is NEVER okay. It''s not excusable and I don''t care what the value of the object is...it wasn''t theirs to take under any circumstance.

Furthermore, I make my charitable donations, I give monthly to the ASPCA, I donate my time to the BS/BB organization, and I am always leaving clothes and other objects for the AmVets. I give money to causes and donate goods all the time. It''s not like I''m stingy by any means. But I draw the line at theft. It''s really no different than someone opening my wallet and taking $140.00.

What if someone had taken my cell phone...would it still be a situation of "they needed it more"???

And as far as starting the year off "upset"...well, yeah. I guess it''s not a great thing...but I can''t help it. I didn''t ask for this to happen, and I''m upset...oh well.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
What a bizarre thing to steal! I hope you get to the bottom of it. I know if I were in your shoes it would drive me nuts to not know who took them or why... I''d be upset too.

Do you think it could be kids playing a prank? If there anyone who is upset with you for something and is trying to get to you? Very odd... I hope you figure out where they went.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 3:21:24 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I guess I could be like ''well someone needed them more than me''...but that''s BS. Come on. Obviously I need my garbage cans, I have things to throw away too! I shouldn''t have to replace them just because someone decided they needed them. Ironically, garbage cans aren''t cheap...and it''s really not for someone else to decide that their need is greater than mine. It would have been different if someone had approached me and asked...but to just take them, well that''s stealing...and stealing is NEVER okay. It''s not excusable and I don''t care what the value of the object is...it wasn''t theirs to take under any circumstance.

Furthermore, I make my charitable donations, I give monthly to the ASPCA, I donate my time to the BS/BB organization, and I am always leaving clothes and other objects for the AmVets. I give money to causes and donate goods all the time. It''s not like I''m stingy by any means. But I draw the line at theft. It''s really no different than someone opening my wallet and taking $140.00.

What if someone had taken my cell phone...would it still be a situation of ''they needed it more''???

And as far as starting the year off ''upset''...well, yeah. I guess it''s not a great thing...but I can''t help it. I didn''t ask for this to happen, and I''m upset...oh well.

You certainly have the right to be upset, but you needn''t let it get to you THIS much. In the grand scheme of things, it''s trash cans. They can be replaced. And who knows, maybe no one took them at all.

daleysmom

Rough_Rock
All I can think is that maybe someone in your neighborhood is trying to mess with you. I can''t imagine someone wanting to steal garbage cans, I mean, they''re pretty bulky and not the easiest thing to grab and run with. Have you "narc''d" on any teenagers in your neighborhood, or have you gotten into any sort of dispute with someone? Even something that seems minor to you may have pissed the wrong person off and maybe they''re "pranking" you now to retaliate? I''d report it whatever the case.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 11:33:48 PM
Author: movie zombie
1-posting notes around the neighborhood is not a good idea. it may not even be someone from the neighborhood who took them.
2-its only 1/1/2010 and you''re already pissed and angry.....not a good omen for the year.

mz

ps yeah, i''d be ticked but i''d probably figure given the season and all that someone perhaps needed them more than me, that i am a very fortunate person to have my health and my husband, and i''d figure that given the scope of the problems in the world, i''d be fortunte that this is the only thing i''d have to be so very upset about. but then that''s just me after more decades of living that most here at pricescope.
1. Seriously? Somebody steals something and you think it''s ok?
2. I don''t see how it''s Italia''s fault that something was stolen from her, which was what resulted in her getting upset.

Italia, I understand why you''re upset. Anytime that anyone steals anything from you, it is a violation. It is never right to steal, no matter what the situation is. I hope that you are able to find your trash cans, since they are your property and you are the rightful owner.

And I hope the rest of 2010 is better for you, hun
21.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 10:14:27 PM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 1/1/2010 11:33:48 PM
Author: movie zombie
1-posting notes around the neighborhood is not a good idea. it may not even be someone from the neighborhood who took them.
2-its only 1/1/2010 and you''re already pissed and angry.....not a good omen for the year.

mz

ps yeah, i''d be ticked but i''d probably figure given the season and all that someone perhaps needed them more than me, that i am a very fortunate person to have my health and my husband, and i''d figure that given the scope of the problems in the world, i''d be fortunte that this is the only thing i''d have to be so very upset about. but then that''s just me after more decades of living that most here at pricescope.
1. Seriously? Somebody steals something and you think it''s ok?
2. I don''t see how it''s Italia''s fault that something was stolen from her, which was what resulted in her getting upset.

Italia, I understand why you''re upset. Anytime that anyone steals anything from you, it is a violation. It is never right to steal, no matter what the situation is. I hope that you are able to find your trash cans, since they are your property and you are the rightful owner.

And I hope the rest of 2010 is better for you, hun
21.gif
where did i say that it was ok or her fault? projection on your part?
#1 was iin response to what she said she was thinking of doing. why piss off the neighborhood when they may not have anything to do with it?
#2 was followed by an admission that i''d be ticked off.....but also saying that it is the time of the year to reflect on who we are and who we want to be. starting off the first day of the year pissed off gives no where to go but more pissed off as the year goes on. her choice...and yours as well.

happy new year: may no one have anything worse than their trash cans stolen.

mz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results