shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting over daughters school principal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 8:31:12 PM
Author: monarch64
Oh, good news! I''m really happy to hear the principal changed his mind. (Shouldn''t have been an issue in the first place, but oh well...) Of course the football guys will make a fuss, but it sounds like your daughter makes a pretty good bodyguard, moonriver!
36.gif
Your absolutly right monarch, I should have never been an issue. That was the main point in my letter to him and the school board.
And yes, my daughter is a pit bull!!!
9.gif
She is a fiercely loyal friend.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I''m chiming in late sorry.

My best friend is gay, he came out after HS..about 20 years ago, back when it being gay was still taboo, although not as taboo as 10 years prior but still more than it is today. It makes me so mad when ignorant people still act this way, especially an adult...a principle at that, who should support the kids in his school with any decision they make. It people like him that make children not fully be themselves.

I applaud this boy for not hiding or being ashamed of himself and standing up for what he wants. I, also, applaud your daughter for being brave and strong and standing up for a friend.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Kudos to your daughter!!
36.gif
36.gif
She is a young lady of character and integrity
9.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I''ve passed all the comments and info along to my daughter and her friend.
36.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Great story! It is people like you and your daughter that make
emteeth.gif
this world a better place!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2006 12:45:15 AM
Author: Kimberly
Great story! It is people like you and your daughter that make
emteeth.gif
this world a better place!!
Very true. Kudos to your daughter and to you for raising such a wonderful girl. I also wish the young man the very best. He sounds like a great guy!!!
1.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!
He and my daughter were doing a rock climbing simulation(fake rock and all) and both got to the top together and had to be brought down
20.gif
.They both looked down and got scared. I told him it''s a good thing he''ll be on the bottom during the cheering stunts.
2.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
as a huge fan of equality , I''m appalled to hear the school reacted in such a way - certainly someone being gay or straight shouldn''t make a difference in ANYTHING! And if this young man wants to try out for the cheer squad, who is the principal to say no?

is this in a high school? do they have a branch of the GSA (gay-straight alliance) in the school? My daughter is in high school and is a member of GSA so I thought if your school had a group, maybe they could help!

I hope it works out as it should - and I hope you''ll let us know.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Yes FObidden, it is High School. Unfortunatly, our area is not yet evolved enough to have a chapter.
8.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 9:09:53 PM
Author: moon river
Yes FObidden, it is High School. Unfortunatly, our area is not yet evolved enough to have a chapter.
8.gif
Moon, could your daughter and friend work to get the GSA in their school? I don''t really know how it works to get one in (and really never heard of it before) but it sounds like a good thing to have in school nowadays.

You must be so proud of your daughter.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Good for your daughter and the other students! I still think that the principal should still have to answer/apologize to someone though! What a dork!

And, why do homophobic men think it''s alright for a woman to be with another woman, or do a so-called "man''s" job/sport....but it''s so taboo for a man to be with a man, or be interested in a "woman''s" job/sport? Even discrimination is double-sided!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I have passed on the info of this organization to my daughters friend. I think it''s worth looking into. So many teens are afraid or ashamed to come out or even come face to face with their sexuality. I think alot of emotional issues could be avoided by having an organization that supports the kids. And I will be right there supporting them.

Tawn, I agree. We are all STILL waiting for some sort of apology or ''I was wrong'' from this man.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results