shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i'll start:

mid-May I was rear ended by a motorcyclist and after repairs were complete told not to get a car wash with wax until 90 days had gone by. this recently happened. however, I didn't make it to the car wash last week.

this a.m. a truck backed out of a parking space as I was traveling on a highway and very much damaged the front passenger panel, which effects the door and engine hood and other bits and pieces as well as the rear passenger side panel.

the a-hole accused me of speeding and hitting him! he even lied and stated I had turned onto the highway at a cross street when I was actually coming down the highway.

the damage speaks the truth and I took a lot of pictures. my insurance agent came and stated that no matter where I had arrived from I still was in possession of the lane and he just can't believe the adjusters won't be fighting for me. I was going slow so fortunately the damage was to the car and not me. can't believe this jerk lying so much!

how was your day?

anything you care to vent/rage about?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, movie zombie, I am sorry about this. That sucks but I am so glad you are OK! Something similar happened to my sister. 2 car accidents totally not her fault in any way within a short time period. Hugs to you and I am sure it will work out but in the meantime venting helps to be sure. (((Hugs))).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish this thread had been here last week Sunday, when I cut a curb too closely and blew out one of my car's tires! But I got that fixed in plenty of time to drop the car off at the body shop this morning so they can fix the rear bumper, which I damaged when I backed the car into a huge and very stationary pole last month.

It's hard to get up a good rant for stuff that's totally self-inflicted. ;))

I'm glad you weren't hurt in either accident, MZ!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Parents, please be parents. Please teach your children the following:
  • 1. Manners
    2. To TRY (actually try to answer questions, try their work, etc)
    3. Make sure that your children are doing their homework
    4. Care about your child, like be interested in them

And those in upper management please remember that those of us peons need help from time to time. Right now is one of those times, cut us a lot of slack because we are holding up the whole team....

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just soooo tired! Like constantly. I love my job but this 4 hour daily commute is slowly killing me... :blackeye:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a 4 hour commute would certainly be on my list of things to "rage/vent" about even if I loved my job!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry MZ... car accidents/problems are such a pain
1) expensive 2) time consuming and 3) possibly no use of a vehicle and 4) possibly dealing with jerks that lie about what happened.

Glad you weren't hurt though.

Cozystiches - can I ask what grade you teach?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you are Ok, accidents are horrible!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
auto body shop called this a.m. ....
insurance adjuster goes out Thursday a.m......
I think based on what the auto body shop already has estimated as costs looking at surface only that the insurance company will want to total the car. sigh.
i'll know more i'm sure the end of the week.
sigh.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow MZ, some people are unbelievable. I'm glad that you're ok and I hope that guy has some major consequences for this.

I'm currently pretty raged filled.

We had our roof replaced in June and it was horribly screwed up. There is a leak in the master bedroom and several places where shingles are sticking up. The company has come by twice to "fix" the problem, which to them involves driving nails through the tops of the shingles so they look flat...um i can tell you why that's a bad idea and I know nothing about roofing.

They also haven't done the metal work so we are without downspouts.

They damaged custom siding that will cost $$$ to replace.

Best part is they charged our credit card in full.

Grrrrrrrrr

This company had great reviews and was used by a few families in our neighborhood last year. We thought we did our homework.

If I hear the owner's wife go on about how they're a "Professional company who does quality work" one more time I'm going to scream.

Right lady, such a professional job. What about all of the damage to my bedroom ceiling? Mold? Oh, I should just relax because you're a professional and you'll handle it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
credit card charge?
you have some leverage......
i'd be livid.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1410297129|3747967 said:
auto body shop called this a.m. ....
insurance adjuster goes out Thursday a.m......
I think based on what the auto body shop already has estimated as costs looking at surface only that the insurance company will want to total the car. sigh.
i'll know more i'm sure the end of the week.
sigh.

arrgggghhhh that sucks!

Car accidents suck.

But I am so glad you're OK.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1410299022|3747986 said:
credit card charge?
you have some leverage......
i'd be livid.

Exactly. We were told to try and work with them, but get quotes from other companies to fix everything and document all communication.

Just hate that we have to do this at all.

The crazy thing is that they used high quality materials. They installed them wrong.

You'd think a company that's been in business for 8 years would be able to lay shingles.

ETA: My dashcam has already payed for itself several times over. Might be worth looking into getting one given your bad luck!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm usually filled with rage, but since I've accepted a new position at my company I've been pretty calm lately. :lol:

I'm sorry about your accident, MZ, and am glad you are ok. Sucks that the other driver is lying and that your car is totaled. I can relate, though. A few years ago some guy in a van turned left right in front of me, causing $6000 worth of damage to my Jeep. The cop actually had the nerve to ask me if I really wanted to file a report because it would mean I would have to go to court. I was like "Hell yea I want to file a report and go to court!" because I had an idea that the other guy was not here legally and didn't have *real* insurance.

I showed up at court and this guy actually pulled out pictures of a completely different van (different make/model/color) and tried to tell the judge that the accident was my fault, that I was talking on the phone (I wasn't), etc. I was so pissed :angryfire: that he would try to pull something like that. Luckily the judge figured out that he was lying, but the jerk got off with just a $50 ticket for failure to yield. Meanwhile, when my insurance company tried to go after his insurance company for the repair cost surprise surprise - no real insurance and the a*hole was nowhere to be found. GRRR! :evil:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1410285813|3747808 said:
a 4 hour commute would certainly be on my list of things to "rage/vent" about even if I loved my job!

Yep, love my corporate job but the "joy" of being a military wife is that often the base is in the middle of freakin nowhere... Nearest town is tiny, no suitable jobs for me so I have to commute 2 hours each way by train to the capital city to work. He is still pretty junior in the officer ranks so we don't have the luxury of me not working. Thankfully it won't be forever as we are due to be posted out to a new location at the end of the year! I just feel constantly exhausted getting up at 5am in the dark, a full day (usually no lunch break) and then home by 7or 8pm - it's a very long day. ;(

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I feel your pain. I had a trying day mainly because I let something irritating become a little jihad.

I went all irate and indignant when I saw a student (probably 10 yrs old) riding an electric mini-bike to my daughter's school on the road & sidewalk this am....(The 'hood is this new urbanism tightly planned community with a little bridge leading over a tiny lake to the elementary school.)
Anyway this kid road through the throng of tots and parents heading to school.
I then got organized and emailed the neighborhood assoc. president, my fellow concerned neighbors, and finally called the police...All only to find out that electric motorbikes are completely legal on sidewalks! (Not streets or if they pose a safety danger.)..but the wind went out of my self-righteous sales once I learned the vehicle is legal. It's like I live in Italy w/o the gelato.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harpertoo|1410311009|3748130 said:
Ok. I feel your pain. I had a trying day mainly because I let something irritating become a little jihad.

I went all irate and indignant when I saw a student (probably 10 yrs old) riding an electric mini-bike to my daughter's school on the road & sidewalk this am....(The 'hood is this new urbanism tightly planned community with a little bridge leading over a tiny lake to the elementary school.)
I then got organized and emailed the neighborhood assoc. president, my fellow concerned neighbors, and finally called the police...All only to find out that electric motorbikes are completely legal on sidewalks! (Not streets or if they pose a safety danger.)..but the wind went out of my self-righteous sales once I learned the vehicle is legal. It's like I live in Italy w/o the gelato.[/quote]

OMG, that is so sig worthy!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harpertoo|1410311009|3748130 said:

I then got organized and emailed the neighborhood assoc. president, my fellow concerned neighbors, and finally called the police...All only to find out that electric motorbikes are completely legal on sidewalks! (Not streets or if they pose a safety danger.)..but the wind went out of my self-righteous sales once I learned the vehicle is legal. It's like I live in Italy w/o the gelato.

I literally laughed out loud at this bit of self deprecating humor! This is what I imagined:

_22156.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MoZo: Glad you are uninjured, and that is INFURIATING.

chemgirl, would you share about your dashcam?????

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs to everyone.

I want to vent about my new house. Ever since we moved in, we've been discovering all sorts of problems with work the contractors did. We paid them a lot of money to remodel the house before we moved in, and it's just all sorts of sloppy, crappy workmanship. Bad paint jobs, chipped drywall, crooked installations, bad tile installation, etc.

And I am SO sick of Comcast and AT&T!! They cannot get it right with our services. They have had to send multiple technicians out to fix various issues that don't actually get fixed ever.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila, I'm sorry your going thru this. It's such a pain just to go thru renovations. I can't imagine having lots of problems afterward.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Abby,
I suspect my boss is bipolar and it's driving me nuts.
Every day when I pull into the parking lot I have the same question.
Will she will be friendly today or give everybody the silent treatment?
When she's nice, she's great, but when she's in a mood, I'd like to strangle her.
I just don't know why people get this way. Doesn't she know she is making everybody miserable?
Or is she doing it on purpose? I try to joke with her and she just ignores me or grunts in my general direction.
I hate my job as it is, and she's making it worse. What can I do?
Signed,
Peeved in Poughkeepsie

-

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
call from insurance adjuster: as I feared it seems my car will be totaled....the good news is that the insurance company has decided i'm not at fault! the bad news is i'm in the market for another car. will have the official news re it being totaled on Tuesday. sigh.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
At this point, you might be better off with a different car than the repaired one, MZ.

My rant: The drama queen weather. It's f----ing September 9, and northeast Ohio has tornados. Drama queen weather all the time. Tornadoes, flash floods, washed-out country roads, sh*t, there are two more downed trees that I have to either cut up or call someone to cut up. Mud, crud, property damage, neighbors' kids robbing houses and dealing drugs. This place is just one continuous run of crap. Temperature is almost 90F one day then it's 54F now. Can't wait for all the salt to start corroding the frames off my vehicles again this winter. That's going to start in October from the looks of it. :nono: I think my relationship with rural Rust Belt America is done.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
craigslist is my friend.......I had already started the car search Tuesday........sometimes the writing is just on the wall......

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vent of my week really.

I cant f'ing stand my sister in law. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Ive noted some of my issues in a previous post dedicated to specifically how she drives me batty. But this week I got a text from her that just said "are you going to get mad because i ask you when you find out the gender ?"

Ugh I hate those type of questions. Its essentially "are you going to be bitchy right now?" Mind you I havent talked to her in like a month, and when i did it was benign, so I have no idea why she would assume that simple question would set me off. But, like when someone keeps asking "are you annoyed", even if you werent before, you are now!

I told her that it didnt matter when we found out, because we plan to keep it a secret until he/she is born,

I get "what? why would you do that?!"

well, because it annoys people like you? :lol:

But no really, i do it because id like to keep it between my and my husband. Its our pregnancy, not your pregnancy. Which she often forgets. She is always up in my baby business. Trying to get me to tell her baby names, or let her touch my belly. She tries to trick me into hugging her so she an feel my stomach on her stomach, its weird.

Anyways she got made I wasnt telling the gender because shes a child (of 27) and upset when she doesnt get what she wants, then tried to guilt me "oh well sooorryyy i am excited about this baby"
yes, i know youre excited because you like to use my children as a way to get attention on your social media. But you will not guilt me into telling you thinkgs i dont feel like tellng you about MY pregnancy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate the airlines. All airlines. Without exception. But right now I hate American Airlines with the fury of a thousand suns.

On June 3 I booked my annual Thanksgiving trip to Phoenix. On Aug. 24th I received a revised itinerary showing that AA had moved the flights (both to and from) later by almost two hours each. I called American Express Travel, whom I had made the reservation through, and we had to conference call AA together to get the times moved earlier (i.e., closer to my original times because of people meeting us at the airport) and now it was a different class of service so AA had to authorize the change. A new itinerary was produced and emailed. MY BAD: I glanced at the itinerary to make sure the new times were correct and then filed it away.

Today I was putting the trip on my calendar and noticed that not only was the outbound time changed but the DATE had also been changed to the next day. I called AA and they said their notes indicated that the AmEx rep had changed the date as well as the time when he called. TOTAL FRICKIN' LIE AA!!! Not only was I on the damn conference call but there is also a RECORDING of the call that AA is more than welcome to pull to prove the DATE never changed.

AA was more than willing to change it for me now--to the tune of $200 per ticket (there are two of us traveling) plus the difference in fare price.

The phrase "suck my left t1t" leaps to mind.

So no AmEX is working on this from their end. I am sure they will get it straightened out becuase I've been a platinum traveler with them for years and they've never let me down before, but this is so frustrating I can't even see straight right now. And the part that really chapps my a$$ is that I just this morning booked two more trips on AA.

I hate the airlines...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1410984626|3752640 said:
I hate the airlines. All airlines. Without exception. But right now I hate American Airlines with the fury of a thousand suns.

On June 3 I booked my annual Thanksgiving trip to Phoenix. On Aug. 24th I received a revised itinerary showing that AA had moved the flights (both to and from) later by almost two hours each. I called American Express Travel, whom I had made the reservation through, and we had to conference call AA together to get the times moved earlier (i.e., closer to my original times because of people meeting us at the airport) and now it was a different class of service so AA had to authorize the change. A new itinerary was produced and emailed. MY BAD: I glanced at the itinerary to make sure the new times were correct and then filed it away.

Today I was putting the trip on my calendar and noticed that not only was the outbound time changed but the DATE had also been changed to the next day. I called AA and they said their notes indicated that the AmEx rep had changed the date as well as the time when he called. TOTAL FRICKIN' LIE AA!!! Not only was I on the damn conference call but there is also a RECORDING of the call that AA is more than welcome to pull to prove the DATE never changed.

AA was more than willing to change it for me now--to the tune of $200 per ticket (there are two of us traveling) plus the difference in fare price.

The phrase "suck my left t1t" leaps to mind.

So no AmEX is working on this from their end. I am sure they will get it straightened out becuase I've been a platinum traveler with them for years and they've never let me down before, but this is so frustrating I can't even see straight right now. And the part that really chapps my a$$ is that I just this morning booked two more trips on AA.

I hate the airlines...

Ugh, I am so sorry Dee! That sucks. :nono: FWIW I hate the airlines too and it seems service and competent assistance has declined quite the bit over the last 2 decades from my POV. I am glad you have Am EX on your side because they are awesome and I find they make things right which I am hoping happens in your case. Sending you lots of airline dust and good travel vibes. :appl: I cannot believe it but Thanksgiving is really just around the corner. Before we know it. :shock:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dang, DeeJay, that goodness you have AmEx in your corner!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Rosh Hashanah. I shouldn't be on the computer but I needed to vent somewhere.

I spent all day yesterday preparing a beautiful brisket dinner and the entire evening was trashed by "A" doing obnoxious stuff until it got to where we couldn't ignore it. She has taken to doing this for our Shabbat dinners too. It starts all and then gets to so clearly intentional that we have to speak up. We try to ignore but she escalates until we have to tell her to stop. You'd have to see to get exactly what I mean, but picture a toddler pushing boundaries to get negative attention. That is life here right down to the smirk and "I dare you to stop me" sort of body language. Last night she even caught my attention and made eye contact along with the smirk.

I dread Shabbat. It isn't something I enjoy anymore. DH and I sat in bed for over an hour last week because we just couldn't bring ourselves to get up. He is just as frustrated as I am.

Now we have Rosh Hashana followed by Shabbat for 3 days in a row of no TV, computers, art projects, cleaning, or anything else to do but sit and read and talk between services. I don't know how we're going to make it.

I've got my other brisket in the oven and my special apple/honey challah rising. Whatever else happens, at least the food will be good!

Days like yesterday remind me of how important our agreed upon rule is. No more than half a bottle of wine per night split between us. My mother, father, all uncles, etc are/were alcoholics. DH every now and then finished a whole bottle. I was uncomfortable because I didn't want to see it drift to more. Last night, I was glad we have that because I had (as I have been having often lately) the urge to have another glass or two to relax me and help me sleep. I will not be like my family. The firm rule is good.

Thanks for the safe place to rant!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results