clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1413652083|3769072 said:
Elliot86|1413651145|3769070 said:
I need to vent.

I recently took a part time job working nights at a restaurant. This is not new to me and I have met awesome people working in restaurants over the years. Most of the time it is fine and I appreciate the extra cash, but I cannot get over how rude people are capable of being to the staff. I'm talking yelling and screaming like children! Why you would want to scream at people who handle your food is beyond me. They are lucky I have patience because not every server is so forgiving of diners from hell :devil:

Elliot, I sympathize, I really do, I feel very badly for servers who have to deal with rude and obnoxious customers, there's no reason for that…but I also don't think bad behavior justifies servers, shall we say, doctoring a person's food (which I think is what you're getting at). Two wrongs don't make a right IMO. Obviously, you don't do this and I know you are not defending this practice, but I've heard of this happening in restaurants and it concerns me.

Well, it's more that once a diner has proven themselves to be a royal arse a server will not be too concerned if their drinks aren't refilled or if their food sits on the line, or if they asked for their sauce on the side and their meal is doused with it, taking their time to get drinks from the bar, or if they are a repeat offender "forgetting" their dinner reservation. It's petty, but that is the reality. However I wouldn't put it past anyone, which is why I don't understand how difficult it seems to be for the general population to treat restaurant workers kindly.

It isn't my style to punish a nasty table. Frankly, the faster I can get them away from me, the better. I am venting because I had to actually give away a table last night to someone else. I couldn't deal with them. Horrible horrible!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1413656096|3769104 said:
junebug17|1413652083|3769072 said:
Elliot86|1413651145|3769070 said:
I need to vent.

I recently took a part time job working nights at a restaurant. This is not new to me and I have met awesome people working in restaurants over the years. Most of the time it is fine and I appreciate the extra cash, but I cannot get over how rude people are capable of being to the staff. I'm talking yelling and screaming like children! Why you would want to scream at people who handle your food is beyond me. They are lucky I have patience because not every server is so forgiving of diners from hell :devil:

Elliot, I sympathize, I really do, I feel very badly for servers who have to deal with rude and obnoxious customers, there's no reason for that…but I also don't think bad behavior justifies servers, shall we say, doctoring a person's food (which I think is what you're getting at). Two wrongs don't make a right IMO. Obviously, you don't do this and I know you are not defending this practice, but I've heard of this happening in restaurants and it concerns me.

Well, it's more that once a diner has proven themselves to be a royal arse a server will not be too concerned if their drinks aren't refilled or if their food sits on the line, or if they asked for their sauce on the side and their meal is doused with it, taking their time to get drinks from the bar, or if they are a repeat offender "forgetting" their dinner reservation. It's petty, but that is the reality. However I wouldn't put it past anyone, which is why I don't understand how difficult it seems to be for the general population to treat restaurant workers kindly.

It isn't my style to punish a nasty table. Frankly, the faster I can get them away from me, the better. I am venting because I had to actually give away a table last night to someone else. I couldn't deal with them. Horrible horrible!

ok, I understand you're venting and that's the purpose of this thread so not going to get into a discussion about this, sorry you have to deal with such rude customers.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A PS vent...

Why do new PSers come on Rocky Talk claiming that they have done "a ton of research including PS" then go on to ask
our opinion on a fancy cut stone with only the numbers...no pictures, aset, idealscope?

If they had done as much research as they claim then I would think they had seen one of our threads stating that you
can not judge fancy cuts by the numbers.

Vent over...proceed

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks to our Parkour cat we discovered we have a leaky roof!
the roof is only 3.5 years old!
the roofer that did the work was highly recommended by our general contractor!
the roofer has retired!
oh, yeah, it is going to be a really fun day with damage to the ceiling in two places and the drywall separating from a wall in one area.....
hubby on roof laying down tarp....
calls made to more roofers recommended by our general contractor....awaiting a response.
and we've had 7.5 inches of rain since 4a on Saturday with over 2 inches of that happening between midnight and 7a today.
sigh................

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1417624679|3794546 said:
the roofer has retired!
oh, yeah, it is going to be a really fun day with damage to the ceiling in two places and the drywall separating from a wall in one area.....
calls made to more roofers recommended by our general contractor....awaiting a response.
and we've had 7.5 inches of rain since 4a on Saturday with over 2 inches of that happening between midnight and 7a today.
sigh................

Oh Movie Zombie, So so sorry!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1417624679|3794546 said:
the roofer has retired!
sigh................

yikes. hope help is on your way!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
response from one roofer called and we're number 4 on his list today......
tarp is up and in place so hopefully there won't be too much more damage.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
How awful MZ! I hope the new roof company can resolve the issue soon.

Our roof is finally fixed, but i still get weird dreams every once and a while about water in my bedroom.

On a funny note the cat found our leak! Those little guys know when there's something wrong with their environment.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry Movie Zombie! I hope the tarp holds and that the roofer gets to your roof and fixes it soon! And yay for the cat!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"A" just spent over an hour "looking" for the practice test her teacher posted for her big unit exam tomorrow. I don't have any idea HOW she could possibly have been actually "looking" !?!?!?!

She walked in and while she was explaining that she had looked "everywhere" on the class website for it and the thing just wasn't there I logged in to the parent access to see what she was looking at, clicked on the "current unit" tab, and found it sitting right there in bold clear as could be under the heading "test prep materials" :rolleyes:

This would be just one of those things if she hadn't already wasted THREE HOURS not doing her tutoring homework (that should have been 30 minutes) after having wasted two more hours not doing her tutoring homework this morning after having wasted 5+ hours yesterday not doing her homework etc etc etc...

GAHHH!!!!

Okay...... Enough venting. Have to relax so I can get to sleep.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient, all I can say is :wall:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will preface this comment with my excuse for being so ornery. It's almost winter and the weather is turning cold and I am going crazy waiting for my ring. Ok, anyway...

People that do not read responses from PSers who are trying to help them, and then are rude and defensive to boot. I so wanna say something but I don't want to derail a thread where so many PSers have contributed their time and effort to help these people.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...please-somebody-explain-it-to-me-plzz.208753/

People who are too lazy to use the search function.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-redo.207935/

How hard is it to look up Maytal Hannah in PS? DS gave her two links to VC and she wants people to post them to her thread. Argh! Ok. Sorry if I am sounding really unreasonable. Maybe I am having a bad day...

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had the same thoughts. Glad you vented. C

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fie to drivers who don't follow the rules or common courtesy of passing lanes! :angryfire:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is 4:30 in the evening. I just got an e-mail from A's choir director at the school. (went out to all the choir parents)

They are having a potluck breakfast and talent show TOMORROW morning.

He expects each kid to bring a HOT breakfast food to share with the class. (class is before school so 6:30am)
He even specifies what is and isn't allowed! Right down to the size water bottles and juice boxes he expects to be sent!

This is the SECOND time this year this disorganized stinker has done this. Excuse me, but I DON'T KEEP BREAKFAST FOR 40 ON HAND IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Former band director here (9 years). This teacher is showing no respect and the correct response to this is to send nothing--nada---zilch. If parents come through, he thinks his last minute demand emails are okay with you. Feed your child breakfast, send him off to school and if the choir director wants to take this up with you he can call you for some adult-to-adult convo re professionalism and time management.

I used to pay for/bring the breakfast for my band members myself, wouldn't have dreamed of requiring the parents to do so. When I had the high school bands, the band boosters handled it...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1418958324|3803991 said:
Former band director here (9 years). This teacher is showing no respect and the correct response to this is to send nothing--nada---zilch. If parents come through, he thinks his last minute demand emails are okay with you. Feed your child breakfast, send him off to school and if the choir director wants to take this up with you he can call you for some adult-to-adult convo re professionalism and time management.

I used to pay for/bring the breakfast for my band members myself, wouldn't have dreamed of requiring the parents to do so. When I had the high school bands, the band boosters handled it...

Tempted!

I did send an e-mail back letting him know that more notice would be nice.

He does this with permission slips and other stuff too. One of the problems is that a lot of the parents are rather.... Laid back... and really don't mind. I've chatted with parents at fundraisers and the boosters meeting and some of them actually giggled and said he was "just scatter brained" but was fine if you reminded him of stuff.

Um... Eek.
They also may or may not be going on a three day weekend trip to perform at a festival out of state. He'll let us know closer if they are going and how much it will cost.
(Did this for a day trip earlier this year too... )
Right this minute, I'm leaning towards saying NO because the man can barely manage a day trip and trusting him (and the giggling women) to chaperone male/female high school kids for three full days doesn't seem exactly smart....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1418089903|3797991 said:
I will preface this comment with my excuse for being so ornery. It's almost winter and the weather is turning cold and I am going crazy waiting for my ring. Ok, anyway...

People that do not read responses from PSers who are trying to help them, and then are rude and defensive to boot. I so wanna say something but I don't want to derail a thread where so many PSers have contributed their time and effort to help these people.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...please-somebody-explain-it-to-me-plzz.208753/

People who are too lazy to use the search function.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-redo.207935/

How hard is it to look up Maytal Hannah in PS? DS gave her two links to VC and she wants people to post them to her thread. Argh! Ok. Sorry if I am sounding really unreasonable. Maybe I am having a bad day...

It's really difficult to tell sometimes if the OPs are morons or trolls or both :knockout: :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why doesn't more wrapping paper come with cutting grids on the back???

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1418967737|3804066 said:

I agree, aren't they pure genius? :clap:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
We have having roofers redo our roof, and we have 2 outdoor/indoor cats. They have on several occasions drove into our driveway so fast they almost hit them, and drop sharp metal/nails/debris onto our lawn and driveway. UGH

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1419026943|3804411 said:
We have having roofers redo our roof, and we have 2 outdoor/indoor cats. They have on several occasions drove into our driveway so fast they almost hit them, and drop sharp metal/nails/debris onto our lawn and driveway. UGH

ckrickett, We also had our roof redone this fall. I think no matter how careful they are you will have nails in your yard. They used a large magnet to pick up the nails in the yard when they were finished. I still find them in the yard. I worry about my dog and can understand you worrying about your cats.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1418967737|3804066 said:

:-o There is such a thing??? :shock: I never knew...of course I buy the cheap stuff and not very often as I like making bags, so they are a part of the gift. :D And reusable :D

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent the day stuck at the mall - not where I had planned to be - because I was concerned about a noise coming from the front wheel and decided I should take it to the tire shop for a look-see. The shop I normally frequent, where I bought the tires, couldn't fit me in because they only have one technician right now. Never mind that they have - like - six bays, and two people working the front of the shop. The other outlet is at one of the largest shopping centers in the region and of course it was swamped today! I'm so glad I did go in though... they found a six-inch gash on the sidewall, where the rubber was separating from the fiberglass inner tire. I'm driving over 1,500 miles in the next two weeks - I'm sure the tire would have given out at some point during my trip.

So why am I venting? It's not because I was stuck at the mall - I can live with that. It's because I was concerned about a noise I heard coming from that wheel and took the car to my regular mechanics yesterday! The noise was gone by the time I got there :confused: and they weren't able to reproduce it. But they checked the bearings and axle and steering mechanisms etc, and balanced the tires to take care of another issue. They had my car the whole day - you would think they would have checked the tires at some point, especially since I had told them about a noise coming from that wheel! :angryfire: I'm just glad didn't just accept their "all clear" and decided to follow on my hunch to have the tires checked this morning.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why, oh why, would someone put a price sticker on the INSIDE SOLE of a shoe? Why? I will be giving them to a child from Santa and now not only do they show evidence of a price tag, but they are scuffed up from all my digging and scraping. Because of course it didn't just peel off nicely. Oh, and her tights will probably stick to the glue that was left behind, which is just such a wonderful sensation. I suppose I could put butter on it to try to slide the remaining glue off, but ugh.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is frustrating, been there..here's a life hack for removing sticky price tags: take your hand held hair dryer, aim the hot air on the sticker for about 1 minute, the hot air will soften the glue, & the sticker should peel right off. If it resists, just give it another shot of hot air.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Soooooooo….after 6 long days, my in-laws (and their dogs - one of which peed and pooped in my house the whole time it was here) left this morning. My frickin' house was COMPLETELY trashed!!!!! My kitchen was full of dirty dishes, food from last night that was never put away (after it's been eaten by my FIL in the middle of the night), etc. I've been sick for 3 days now (very sore throat, tired, achey, even lost my voice and it still isn't back), but I never complained once. I took some vitamins & pain relievers and just carried on - cooking like crazy and cleaning up after everyone. Normally, my MIL tries to help as much as she can (and she did while she was here), but she just packed up this morning and didn't even give the kitchen a second glance :(( I am shocked that she would leave my house like that knowing that I'm sick. When we stay with them, I have always cleaned the bedrooms & bathroom we use, plus I clean the kitchen & living areas. Typically, their house looks better after I leave than it did when I arrived. I'm still cleaning & feeling like crap, but just had to take a break and add my rant for the day. Thanks for listening:)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom Happy, Six days it just too long. At least everyone is still alive! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Hopefully you are done have quests stay a your home for awhile now.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, callie:) Agreed - 6 days is too long. I just can't imagine why my MIL would think that it was okay to leave my house in such a mess?!?! We are very close and I adore her. I could understand maybe if they had to catch a flight, but they were leisurely driving home and had no set schedule. Oh well, it's all clean again. I will try to let it go and move on. It truly was a pretty good visit overall, so I will just focus on that =)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainydaze was complaining about price stickers......
I have a space at an antique mall. I find alot of great items at thrift stores.
But, doncha know, almost every dish or cup that is worth looking at has the sticker directly over the backstamp.
You know, the mark that tells you which English/French/American/German pottery company made it.
I'm tired of peeling back the stickers, to see if it is worth buying or not. I hate doing that, cause I feel like it is wrong, but there's no way around it. They also do this on sterling/silverplate items. Grrr-- so frustrating!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results