color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient,
thank you for unloading.
seriously.
sometimes I feel weird when people tell me how close they are to their own mother.
because i'm not.
like you I have some very good reasons.
again, thank you.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ksinger, I thought about you last night--please post updates--I am quite interested to hear what your doctors decide, I hope you get your answer soon, & hope it's a benign one!!

How are you feeling today? How's the fatigue & coordination? It takes a while to get the fatigued conquered no doubt.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas, that is rough as guts. I don't know what to say about such emotionally manipulative behavior. I hope you find someone you can talk to about all this. Hugs.

TP, that is a lot to deal with, my word. Financial uncertainty makes one feel as if the rug has been pulled out from underneath the feet. Hugs.

Ksinger, I'm so sorry. A clean CT usually means no clots. Those spots on the MRI do need another look. I hope it turns out to be something easy to treat. Hugs.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sarah and Jane. I AM feeling better finally, with the 8th being the day that I finally felt that my arm and leg were rock solid, and with yesterday being the day the fatigue and most of the dizzyness has finally left me. I even had a reasonable level of energy yesterday, cleaning, shopping, cooking - no exhaustion. Amazing.

There is still the tiniest bit of residual dizziness, but it was never dizzyness in the classic sense anyway, but on the whole, about a 180.

I really do not want this to be something serious, I want them to say I have some stupid vitamin deficiency, or it's hormones, or migraines, or if those don't pan out I might even accept the verdict that I'm just nuts. (I've not been in the past, but hey, anything can happen I suppose).

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think there are many people who are not close to their mothers, or many that have mothers who work against them. When I was younger I used to complain about my mother. On the surface she seemed fine to others, but close the door and you have someone that turned into a person out of control. Thats how I think of her now. I rarely talk about it, not because its painful, but I find there are so many people who complain about their mothers just to sort of dump on others or excuse their own behavior. . For MZ and the other gal, whose mother can't take care of herself, let alone help her child, I do understand that these people are toxic to you. I really hated my mother, was happy when she died. I felt free. An afterlife scares me, I don't want to see her again.

Annette

Ksinger, I am thinking of you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1413227211|3766535 said:
Thanks Sarah and Jane. I AM feeling better finally, with the 8th being the day that I finally felt that my arm and leg were rock solid, and with yesterday being the day the fatigue and most of the dizzyness has finally left me. I even had a reasonable level of energy yesterday, cleaning, shopping, cooking - no exhaustion. Amazing.

There is still the tiniest bit of residual dizziness, but it was never dizzyness in the classic sense anyway, but on the whole, about a 180.

I really do not want this to be something serious, I want them to say I have some stupid vitamin deficiency, or it's hormones, or migraines, or if those don't pan out I might even accept the verdict that I'm just nuts. (I've not been in the past, but hey, anything can happen I suppose).

I doubt that you are nuts....but I love this sentence as I think it is further evidence of your fortitude, humor, and fighting spirit.

smit, thank you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there room in this thread for a little self-pity party?

Today is my colonoscopy prep day.

:(

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, there is, VR, yes there is......trust me, with my appointment being scheduled for December 22 I appreciate this self-pity party immensely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karen, I am thinking good thoughts for you and hoping you feel better very soon and that it is nothing serious.

VRBeauty, hang in there. The prep's the worst of it and by tomorrow you will be A-OK and back to everything you love to eat. Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly for you.

Kelinas I hope you are doing OK and sending more (((hugs))) your way.

TooPatient sounds like you need (((hugs))) too. Hope you are feeling better and don't let family (or anyone else) drive you crazy. Not worth it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1413315259|3767015 said:
hang in there. The prep's the worst of it and by tomorrow you will be A-OK and back to everything you love to eat. Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly for you.

My colonoscopy is scheduled for early afternoon tomorrow, so I don't have to drink the really potent stuff until later today. I suspect things will go very smoothly, though not necessarily comfortably, after that. :wink2:

MZ, and anyone else about to undergo a colonoscopy: I was doing a little research this morning (are non-red gummy bears OK to eat? some sources say yes, they melt into a clear liquid. Unfortunately, my doctor however says no) and came upon a blog post with very helpful suggestions, under the title "the straight poop: an awkward conversation." Fortunately I was able to make it to the grocery store and back without incident, to pick up one or two additional supplies. I'm sure my prep will be OK, but I do wish I had read this a week ago!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now for a real vent.

I hate those little mini-pockets Levis is now using instead of real front pockets for their women's jeans. In the grocery store today I realized that I was kicking something as I was walking so I looked down and... oh yeah, there were several dollar bills that I had put in a front pocket. :roll: So annoying!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I do not envy your time on the thunder throne people. :snooty:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my anti-rant. My colonoscopy went well and I got the all clear. :D

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1413439612|3767798 said:
This is my anti-rant. My colonoscopy went well and I got the all clear. :D

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing!

:appl: :appl: :appl: YAY! I like when we have more anti rants than vents haha. Thanks for the good news VR. :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
um, any further pre-procedure survival tips, VR?
admit to buying baby wipes yesterday at Costco....starting to collect "items"......

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy! I have to admit I was a little nervous about the outcome (I'm starting to realize I'm a bit of a hypocondriac) so I really appreciated when the doctor called me with the good news.

MZ - I'll start a colonoscopy thread so this thread can get back to the business at hand. ;)) I won't be able to get to it right away, but look for it in the next day or so. That topic should generate a lot of traffic - NOT! - but a separate thread will make it easier to find the discussion later should anyone need it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big butts -- I'm tired of media saturation with the capacious butts of certain "celebrities".

Clothing labels/tags. I bought a few pairs of jeans and some shirts the other day and spent 45 minutes peeling, snipping, ripping labels. There's one for the price, the size, and then 2 or more stick-on that tell you the length and size again. Sheesh.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1413481186|3768028 said:
Big butts -- I'm tired of media saturation with the capacious butts of certain "celebrities".

Clothing labels/tags. I bought a few pairs of jeans and some shirts the other day and spent 45 minutes peeling, snipping, ripping labels. There's one for the price, the size, and then 2 or more stick-on that tell you the length and size again. Sheesh.

The labels do seem excessive, don't they? On the other hand, customers complain when they can't see a size label plainly, without having to dig for it. Putting labels in a few different places helps ensure the size/price are visible from different angles should the retailer decide to display a garment folded, hanging, etc. Some retailers might display a pair of pants folded in thirds, whereas some other retailer might display them folded in half. The same retailer might display the garment two different ways within a matter of weeks in an attempt to generate more sales.

You could remedy the situation by shopping at thrift stores or on ebay, but of course there you are again with lost time.

My husband loves to pick up basic, fun play clothes for our toddler when he's out at Target or similar, so every time I go to wash those things it takes forever standing there in the laundry room peeling off labels, cutting the hangtags off, and making sure I got every last pokey thing out of the seams. I feel you!

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.

Took a break from everything to just really take a step back and see where this came from.

And I've come to the realization that this is the right route to go.
J and I were great friends before we got married but we both rushed into getting married instead of taking our time dating and getting to know each others quirks. Just turns out that we can't handle each others quirks... At all. (One being that He's extremely OCD and I can't be bothered to pay that much attention to detail;he hasn't fully gotten over his ex wife screwing him over etc) We've just been ignoring it hoping that each other would get over it.

We've both come to the acceptance that we want to be friends after this ends- I'm not fully sure how that'll work but I'm hopeful.

I've stated this in the prenup thread before -
The divorce will be clean and simple. No kids.
And I kid you not - we are drawing up paperwork for "joint custody" of our dog.

I'm sad but glad - rather we figured this out now than later. Ultimately, life is too short to be unhappy, and we were both unhappy, him a bit more than I realized.

Looking forward to a new chapter in my life (but not the headache of getting a new place to live, New furniture etc)

MIL on the other hand, is a whole different side to this divorce.

*sorry it's long.
TL;DR
Kel is okay.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe I saw MZ's first posting to this thread but didn't know it had become a thread for everyone. I was amazed to find it just now tonight and it looks so inviting that I almost feel like crying. I never participate in "these" threads.

I mean, I joined the Fur Babies thread, but I do not believe I ever read or posted in the Random Comments thread and I do not know what is going on in people's lives unless they start individual threads in forums (fora) that I happen to read regularly. If someone gets ill and starts a thread in Hangout I am likely to see it. If someone who posts regularly in The Gold Thread posts about a problem, I will learn of it. I wouldn't guarantee that that I learn of much else.

But I can relate to these topics. I had my second colonoscopy about a year ago. I had what my gynecologist now refers to as my "near stroke experience" a few years ago and I was scared out of my freaking mind!!! (It was not a TIA or a stroke. My neurologist-whom I had to travel from Connecticut to Virginia to see-was pretty sure it wasn't. But then, since unlike ksinger I had all the risk factors, he put me through exhaustive testing for days!) In the end he decided it migt have been a dream. I decided I might have been grinding my teeth in my sleep and not known it. But what I experienced was -in my sleep-an uncontrollable shaking of my head that I couldn't stop...along with numbness (which could have been from the way I was lying). I leapt out of bed and ran to the mirror to look at my face and see if it was lopsided and if I could stick out my tongue. Then, although I could, I ran downstairs, shaking, and woke up my father, who is in his 90's and sat on his bed shaking, and told him I thought I had a stroke!!! I NEVER experienced anything like that!

Then there is the fact that my husband (with whom I do not live) had a heart attack on Friday. Our daughter was supposed to be there (in Virginia) for the Columbus Day weekend. If she hadn't lost her ticket at the last minute she would have travelled down there by train on Thursday and been there for it. It was his second. He had his first at 53, 11 years ago. After having been laid off from his job for a year and just getting a new job offer. As one of my friends says, you can't make these things up!

So...am I in?

Deb ;))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, my dear Deb and unfortunately, you are in.......
sending good vibes your way.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Kelinas, you sound very mature and pulled together.
Life is too short. I hope everything goes smoothly and you are
able to move forward in your life.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF - that sounds very scary! That would freak me out!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I wish you all the best as you enter into this new phase of your life. There's sadness in the end of a marriage, but it sounds like you and your husband are at peace with this decision and are confident this is the best move for you both. Sending thoughts of strength and comfort to you as you make your way through this process. (((hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I am so sorry. How scary and glad you are OK! I am also sorry about your (ex?) husband and hope he recovers fully. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.

Kelinas, I am glad you have come to a peaceful resolution and sending more hugs your way.

movie zombie, good luck with your December appointment. Hoping it goes smoothly with no pain and good results!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My issue is so small compared to other ones that I feel silly even posting but I'm in a bit of a snit and PSers are always good about listening...

I have a THREE HUDNRED POUND PUMPKIN in the back of my SUV in anticipation of The Sixth Annual Great Pumpkin Carving Party scheduled to start at 6 pm... and it's raining like a mofo out there. The weather report says it's supposed to stop by 2 or 3 pm but I'm afraid people will write off the party and not come. I will send a note that we're still a go once the weather clears up (assuming it DOES) but I really don't to be sitting here with just the CB, a THREE HUNDRED POUND PUMPKIN, and enough food and drink to supply an army in seven hours...

Damn Chicago weather!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to vent.

I recently took a part time job working nights at a restaurant. This is not new to me and I have met awesome people working in restaurants over the years. Most of the time it is fine and I appreciate the extra cash, but I cannot get over how rude people are capable of being to the staff. I'm talking yelling and screaming like children! Why you would want to scream at people who handle your food is beyond me. They are lucky I have patience because not every server is so forgiving of diners from hell :devil:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1413648439|3769062 said:
My issue is so small compared to other ones that I feel silly even posting but I'm in a bit of a snit and PSers are always good about listening...

I have a THREE HUDNRED POUND PUMPKIN in the back of my SUV in anticipation of The Sixth Annual Great Pumpkin Carving Party scheduled to start at 6 pm... and it's raining like a mofo out there. The weather report says it's supposed to stop by 2 or 3 pm but I'm afraid people will write off the party and not come. I will send a note that we're still a go once the weather clears up (assuming it DOES) but I really don't to be sitting here with just the CB, a THREE HUNDRED POUND PUMPKIN, and enough food and drink to supply an army in seven hours...
Damn Chicago weather!

I have a feeling this should be its own thread because you have a knack for getting into, umm, situations. I'm ready for DJ and the Great Pumpkin Caper. If the weather stays bad, dump the pumpkin, donate the food to the homeless and console yourself with the alcohol. And I know if you dump that pumpkin, it will be in a place where it will make a statement so I'm looking forward to hearing how this one turns out.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1413651145|3769070 said:
I need to vent.

I recently took a part time job working nights at a restaurant. This is not new to me and I have met awesome people working in restaurants over the years. Most of the time it is fine and I appreciate the extra cash, but I cannot get over how rude people are capable of being to the staff. I'm talking yelling and screaming like children! Why you would want to scream at people who handle your food is beyond me. They are lucky I have patience because not every server is so forgiving of diners from hell :devil:

Elliot, I sympathize, I really do, I feel very badly for servers who have to deal with rude and obnoxious customers, there's no reason for that…but I also don't think bad behavior justifies servers, shall we say, doctoring a person's food (which I think is what you're getting at). Two wrongs don't make a right IMO. Obviously, you don't do this and I know you are not defending this practice, but I've heard of this happening in restaurants and it concerns me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results