shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. They're trying to find a way to prove who did it, and they'll press charges if they can to the fullest extent. I hope they can. Shit like that just..it's first of all incredibly stressful on the officers, it's a waste of tax payers money, it's hard on the officers families, but not only that, the people in the neighborhood where it was supposed to have happened, and the person who the caller said he was. As far as they knew, he had killed someone and was threatening to kill two other people, basically asking for suicide by cop. They had SWAT teams coming from...wherever the hell they come from, probably getting the tank they used last year, they had the guy on the ground at gunpoint, clearing the house, scaring the shit out of the entire neighborhood. I can't imagine being that guy, you know? And that shit is an accident *waiting* to happen, *waiting*, begging for it. That is a recipe for disaster and misfortune. JD said once they figured out it was a hoax and were talking to the guy, the guy was freaked out, but understood why they had done what they'd done.

Just a complete mess.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so old today, I used to look at all the beautiful ring pictures and think the rings were so gorgeous. Now I seem to notice the hands more and wish my hands looked young again. Don't get me wrong I still notice the gorgeous rings but I am so envious of those pretty hands. :wall:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting irritated at the lazy posters in RockyTalky again. But I know I am in the minority. Some PSers are just soooo kind, and patient. GEtting them tons of stone suggestions. And the tone of these people asking questions is annoying. People spoon feed them. What more do they want? That is what the "search" tool is for. Ok, sorry for saying such un-PSer things...

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Fibromyalgia sucks the life right out of you! I hate it!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a kid (well he had to be at least 15 to be driving) throw a piece of paper out the car window. I honked at him and
gave him a dirty look...he probably didn't give it a second thought.

We end up with a lot of unintentional trash on the road, we surely don't need people throwing it out on purpose. Where do
these people come from? It really annoys me!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1445802829|3942019 said:
I saw a kid (well he had to be at least 15 to be driving) throw a piece of paper out the car window. I honked at him and

We end up with a lot of unintentional trash on the road, we surely don't need people throwing it out on purpose. Where do

Just yesterday, I saw a teen girl walking home from school. She kept stepping off the curb and bending over. When I got closer, I realized that she was picking up trash from the curb, as she was walking down the street! Kudos to her.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Turns out it really isn't that big of a crime to call 911 and report anything false. I think that is stupider than stupid, but whatever, I don't make the laws, my husband just enforces them, and that's one that is minimal, no matter what it is that you call in about. I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often, as lax as the punishment is.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1445805262|3942041 said:
tyty333|1445802829|3942019 said:

Just yesterday, I saw a teen girl walking home from school. She kept stepping off the curb and bending over. When I got closer, I realized that she was picking up trash from the curb, as she was walking down the street! Kudos to her.

That's wonderful! I know there are plenty of people that respect our land and care about a clean environment.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just talked to my BIL. He mentioned he was coming down for a couple of weeks in a few months. I don't know if he plans to stay with us or not. He has stayed with us in the past for 3 to 5 day visits (which is plenty). I'm an introvert. I still have 2 kids in school and a busy
Household. I really can't take someone staying with us for 2 weeks.
He's a nice guy...but I'm an introvert. :|

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Why is it once a negative comment is made, it's followed up by more negative comments, that just get more and more hurtful. It's funny to me how people behind a keyboard can say the most hurtful things, for absolutely no reason, to someone they barely know. Especially when the negative comments are made by someone that has been put on a pedestal just because they have the latest trendy items or a large bank account. It never occurred to them that maybe, just maybe, they should keep their negative comments to themselves. The sad part of it is that it's not just kids, it's adults. What kind of example is being set for their children?

Example: Relationship announcement on Facebook

Comment: Congratulations!
Comment: Cute couple [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Comment: They are ok I guess but I don't really like her for him.
Comment: yeah me either
Comment: she cud use a makeover
Comment: he cud do better.

A few days later, they break up. I wonder why?

Bullies are not just in schools. I see way more adult bullies than I do kids, but I guess they have to learn it somewhere. Think about it, do you really have to spread such negativity? I think not!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to vent about USPS! I am so frustrated, but if my DH hears about this again he might lose his mind :angryfire:

My hatred for USPS started in June when I sent my original e-ring diamond to be mounted in pendant (to Sally at HoW in Thailand). The package got lost, and is now gone forever. I called almost nonstop for a month, and kept being told there was nothing to be done, since it had left the US.

At the beginning of October I was returning stones to Brad at TGT, and used registered mail since it is Brad's preference and supposedly the safest way to send anything. Now the package has nothing past the "received" part at my local PO, and seems to also be lost. So Brad doesn't have his stones and I dont have my refund.

Today I checked about my package I have been waiting on (Sally from HoW made me a pendant/ring to make up for my disaster with my e-ring stone). I was tracking it through last week, and it said it was in NY on Thursday. I still didn't see it in my mailbox today, so I checked online again. Supposedly delivery was "attempted" on Saturday, and a notice was left. Except I never got a notice and was home ALL DAY! :angryfire:

I know this is silly, but I just needed to vent.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I found a crack pipe my yard. Gah! A house down the street is being rented and I'm sure the renters are dealing. We have had to call the police multiple times because of fights, dogs left outside without food or water, domestic arguments. There is a constant stream of people in and out.

And this is a freaking private community. There are gates etc.

Grrrrr.

I called the police about the crack pipe, but there is nothing they can do since I didn't see anyone leave it there.

I may have been an idiot and left it in their mailbox with a snarky note. Not my finest moment.

DH is out of town until mid next week. Lovely.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl, ugh! I can't believe some of the things people do these days. It's a shame that you have to deal with that kind of situation in your neighborhood. :( I went to a baby shower at my SIL home and there was a hypodermic needle by the curb. I can't believe how people can be so careless in leaving these kinds of things around for kids to pick up. 20 years ago or so (boy do I feel old saying that) my best friend at the time, her son found a hypodermic needle in the gutter and stuck himself with it. He was 2 at the time and for years she had to take him in to be tested for HIV. It was awful. Thankfully the test were all negative. He is an adult now and his second daughter was just born.

Renting is not allowed in my neighborhood and one of my neighbors just rented out his house to some very undesirable people. They are already are moving out and then more renters after them. Ugh! Hopefully these people will be better.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne, ugh, needles are definitely worse. A coworker's little girl has been getting aids testing and hepatitis testing because of a needle in a park. I can't believe people leaving that stuff around for kids to find.

Renters don't have to be that bad! I rented for years while I was moving around for work. It was hard to find anything decent that hadn't been destroyed by previous renters. Hopefully the new ones near you are decent people!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl, I so hope you are right, fingers crossed. My DH retires in February, so we will only be here for another 6 months or so.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason I have been encountering some really rude people. Trust me I understand that I am not a clique-ish type person, I never have been. I can't commit to spending time with anybody but my family. I can't even commit to watching a television show once a week, every week. But If I'm needed I'm there all the way, until I'm not needed anymore, then I'm out. But people for some reason feel entitled and treat others any kind of way and demand your time. I can't do it, sorry.

Also why are people flying off the handle for minor things. These people are going to be in an early grave. I just want to park and go into the grocery store and this person had their door open, so we wait for him to close the door. After 2 minutes my DH edges in the spot thinking maybe he will hear us. He looks, see us and starts cussing us out, slammed the door, still yelling. Then just berated us when we got out of the car. Finally my DH flashed his badge and the driver took off. Just insane!

I'm thinking maybe it's the holidays but come on people, it's not that serious. We had a woman yelling at us because she was behind a truck and she couldn't cut us off to get a around the truck. Sorry we were driving in our lane at the proper speed.

My other complaint is cyber bullying, it's just awful to see kids post things and then feel inadequate because the comments they get are negative and just plain cruel. It's just plain mean. Adults do it too! Other people feelings about you or your possessions, shouldn't mean more to you than your own. It just shouldn't. I know I am not liked by many people and I'm ok with that. My treasures may not be appreciated by other people but they are mine and my joy and love for them is all that matters. But how do you get a 10 year old girl to see that, to feel that and to understand their own worth? I don't have girls but have been sort of a big sister to a few young ladies and it's hard to see them go through this. They are not mine, so I can't be there all the time and now that I have a little one, he takes up most of my time. I honestly can't tell anyone how to raise their kids but when my oldest son was younger and I was working, I had to map out time for him and I. Essentially set a date but just us. Movies, lunch or whatever we decided to do at that time, but it gave us time to just sit and talk.

I just really feel for my neighbors daughter who it's going through a really tough time. Her mom and I don't hang out anymore, we used to all the time. But I couldn't have my son around and that negativity. It was just constant and I saw myself correcting her behavior all the time. Things like "We shouldn't say we hate our brother and That you wished he died because you would feel awful if something really happened to him and you never saw him again." Her mom never corrected this behavior. The daughter has been involved (while her mother was out of town) in an unhealthy situation, put together her that involved her and three boys. Basically, the only thing I could suggest was some preventative pregnancy measures, asap. I just think that moms should really, really put time aside to spend time with their daughters. Find a away, even if it's a couple hours a week, after her little brother went to bed and chat with a cup of hot chocolate, or chat while making lunches together for the next day, maybe have her go with you while grocery shopping and chat then. I don't know, but find time. Rant over!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results