shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the kids are anything like I was, all I wanted was plain food, packed discretely. Nothing touching or overlapping lol. At 4 I wanted for a boxed lunch a croissant with one slice of Kraft cheese lololol. Then that graduated to white bread with ham and cheese in elementary school Lolol. These pretty lunches would have freaked me out!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the kids are anything like I was, all I wanted was plain food, packed discretely. Nothing touching or overlapping lol. At 4 I wanted for a boxed lunch a croissant with one slice of Kraft cheese lololol. Then that graduated to white bread with ham and cheese in elementary school Lolol. These pretty lunches would have freaked me out!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1444677228|3937535 said:

Ditto...my child would never want one of those above lunches because it would draw attention to her...she would not like that!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was in grade school (early 70's), Mom and gramma used to make homemade Syrian-style flat bread. This bread is like a round focaccia, if you can imagine that. It is cut into pie-shaped pieces, which are sliced open to make sandwiches.
I was so embarrassed at lunch time. I always had to explain it to the other kids.
Why couldn't she buy sliced white bread like the other mothers??
Occasionally dad would buy pumpernickel. Oh dear, the questions.
I never got normal lunches.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett said:
Just found out a nest of carpenter ants is living in our car, they came swarming out when I opened the backseat. They are coming through the backseat through the seatbelt hole. We keep our car pristine, clean, vacuumed and rarely eat in the car. But we live in lovely south florida, in a beautiful wooded area so I guess with all the rain they moved on in. I am not allergic but am HIGHLY reactive if I get ant bites so having giant red ants have the potential to bite me when I am on the highway is not something I want to deal with. UGH

debating on calling Sorkin or bombing it, I laid some ant bait so I will give it a few days to see if it works. good thing I don't have to drive anywhere! :shock: :evil: :-o :sick:

OMG! I feel for you. I hope you can get them out without harming yourself in any way by being bitten or fumes. I am visited by a swarm of them every year in my bathroom, so this year I hired an exterminator. But in your car, thats crazy. Ugh!!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of years ago one of my neighbors came up to me and we chatted a bit. She told me where she lived and asked if we could get together. I told her that I was fine with that, so she asked if she could stop by over the weekend and maybe the kids could play together. I have a pretty big yard with a swing set, slide and some other toys. We do not have a fence so friends of my older son would play in our yard from time to time.

She then asked me "Why does you son ride that bus and not the bus with the other kids?" I told her that my son is autistic and the school system provides a different bus for the LIU. I saw this woman just about everyday after that with her two kids, waiting to put her daughter on the other bus. Her son was a year old or so. She pretty much went out of her way to avoid me.

Fast forward two years, I'm out with my little guy waiting for the bus and she comes over to me. I was a bit surprised to see her come over but there she was. She says " How is my boyfriend doing?" and remarked on how cute my son is. I thanked her and just kind stood in silence waiting to see why she came over. She then tells my that her son was just diagnosed as being disabled. He is three and hasn't really started to talk. She said her and her husband are nurses and both work with patients with disabilities. She said her husband works at Kennedy Krieger with children with disabilities and loves them. She also said that she prayed when she was pregnant that her son wouldn't have disabilities because she knew her husband would be happy with it but she wouldn't. She starts talking about her childhood, her family, all this money and degrees she has and some other stuff I kind of tuned out on.

As I'm listening to her, I'm thinking to myself why is she over here telling me all this. I have only spoken with her briefly one other time. She started asking me questions about my son. I'm guessing since she divulged all this information about her, she felt I should do the same. I didn't and quite honestly l don't feel like it's any of her business. I just wasn't feeling this lady at all. I am empathetic to most people and I'm always happy to point them in the right direction but this lady isn't anyone I want as a friend. Now every time she sees me she goes out of her way to wave or talk to me. She also feels comfortable with cursing constantly in front of my child. I don't have a problem with cursing but I think it should be curbed in front of children. I hope she is more professional with her clients because she has some serious issues.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmedOne,

I would keep my distance from her, too. She's WAY too self-involved to be a friend. Frankly, she sounds awful.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks KaeKae, I saw her this morning and thought that maybe I was being too hard on her but I decided against a long drawn out conversation and told her I had to go. I just don't feel I should listen to that again and I let it go. I do tend to second guess myself often when it comes to things like this so thank you for helping me feel better about my decision.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, maybe she's just a bit lonely. It sounds as if her over-sharing turned you off. But if someone's behavior is ringing alarm bells with you then you're probably wise to listen to them. Many's the time I had an initial reaction to someone, dismissed it, and then years later I'm left thinking "I knew it! I knew it! Why didn't I listen to myself?"

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
CharmedOne, my take on the situation is that she was uncomfortable being around your special needs son, but now that her son has been diagnosed she is looking for someone who understands what she's dealing with.

Not exactly right, but people tend to avoid things they are afraid of or don't understand. I think she backed off after your initial meeting 2 years ago because of insecurity and a bit of prejudice.

I think you did the right thing. You don't need to be her friend because of her child.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again, I really appreciate all of your kind words. I did jot down some information for her and some suggestions of where to get services for her little one, so I'll give her that in the morning. I feel a lot better after doing that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One word, well term I guess. ICD-10. Enough said. :nono: :nono: :nono:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Anniversary weekend. Hubby & his friends planned a guys night out (at my favorite restaurant, which hubby knows) and for our anniversary dinner, we're going to just go "hang out" at one of our local haunts (which just happens to be the one place that I wouldn't want to spend our anniversary - and again, hubby knows that). He wasn't being malicious, but you'd think that he would have thought that through a little better. I'm feeling rather disappointed. Vent over.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1444949150|3938695 said:
Anniversary weekend. Hubby & his friends planned a guys night out (at my favorite restaurant, which hubby knows) and for our anniversary dinner, we're going to just go "hang out" at one of our local haunts (which just happens to be the one place that I wouldn't want to spend our anniversary - and again, hubby knows that). He wasn't being malicious, but you'd think that he would have thought that through a little better. I'm feeling rather disappointed. Vent over.

Ah, I'm sorry momhappy - I suppose sometimes husbands can be a bit clueless. Sounds like he just didn't realize how much it would matter to you. Do you think it would be worth mentioning to him? I hope however it works out that you have an enjoyable weekend - and Happy Anniversary!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Thanks:)
I get that sometimes men can be a bit clueless, but this time, that's no excuse. Things have been really hard lately and I was hoping he'd realize that something special was in order. I mentioned it to him a few weeks ago, but it must have went in one ear and out the other. Sooooooo, we get to spend our anniversary dinner tonight in a room full of friends, which is pretty much the same Friday night we always have :(( I'm trying not to let it get to me because I don't want to create a fight.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stinks momhappy. I've experienced it in the past and ended up crying at dinner (I was just feeling so low and bummed).
I should have gotten it out of my system before dinner but didn't and it sort of all hit while I was sitting there. ;( :sick:

Sure hope your night turns out decent/fun and that you do manage to have a happy anniversary!!! And, if it doesnt,
go buy yourself something nice tomorrow! :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1445017550|3938955 said:
^Thanks:)
I get that sometimes men can be a bit clueless, but this time, that's no excuse. Things have been really hard lately and I was hoping he'd realize that something special was in order. I mentioned it to him a few weeks ago, but it must have went in one ear and out the other. Sooooooo, we get to spend our anniversary dinner tonight in a room full of friends, which is pretty much the same Friday night we always have :(( I'm trying not to let it get to me because I don't want to create a fight.

Momhappy, just sending you dust in hopes that the weekend will turn out okay. It really is a bummer to spend your anniversary in a room full of people like you do every weekend. It's not wrong to want some alone time or to have wanted this weekend to be special. Especially after you mentioned it to him a few weeks ago. :wall: I hope you can make the best of it. I agree with tyty333 about going out and buying yourself something nice! :wavey:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Momhappy, I am sorry you are not going to be spending your Anni weekend the way you wanted.

Is there a way that you could plan something, rather then have it the way your DH has it planned? Sometimes my DH doesn't quite get it, so I will take the reigns and plan things for us rather then hope he will. It would be nice if I didn't have to, But that way I know we will have a special weekend, since usually he is so lackadaisical about it (not in a malicious way, he just usually doesn't care).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy anniversary!

I feel your pain. Our anniversary is tomorrow. I could have written your post only leave the friends out and swap in me cooking dinner instead of a restaurant. DH has ignored and even tried to schedule a business call for the evening :nono:

I am currently sitting in the car in a parking lot with Ben & Jerry trying to drown my pain.

Hope your night turns out to be wonderful regardless. (and I join the others saying you need to go buy something nice or take a day out to pamper yourself)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1445042054|3939074 said:
Momhappy, I am sorry you are not going to be spending your Anni weekend the way you wanted.

Is there a way that you could plan something, rather then have it the way your DH has it planned? Sometimes my DH doesn't quite get it, so I will take the reigns and plan things for us rather then hope he will. It would be nice if I didn't have to, But that way I know we will have a special weekend, since usually he is so lackadaisical about it (not in a malicious way, he just usually doesn't care).

Yes, I could have planned something, but why should I have to? His guy friends started texting him early this week and he's immediately on the phone making a dinner reservation at what just happens to be my favorite restaurant :shock: So, he can take initiative and plan a nice guys out, but he can't pull anything together for our anniversary :confused: I don't want to go in to details, but like I said, things have been rough lately. My hope was that he would use his brain and realize that it's partly because of me that we managed to get through what we did. Normally, I would plan something, but not this time. Guess I was wrong. It sucks to not feel appreciated. He's a good guy & I know that he loves me, but sheesh, how about showing it some time....
Thanks everyone for the kind words.....your posts actually made me feel a little better. I hate posting these sorts of things because it makes him seem like a big jerk, which he's not. I really just needed a place to vent and I appreciate the venue:)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient and Happy Mom, Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry you are both are feeling so down. I think most women would feel exactly like you are feeling at the moment. Men can be so clueless sometimes. I remember asking my husband one year why is it so difficult to make a dinner reservation and so easy to make a tee off time. He seemed to get it when I put it in these terms.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1445042953|3939084 said:

Happy anniversary!

I feel your pain. Our anniversary is tomorrow. I could have written your post only leave the friends out and swap in me cooking dinner instead of a restaurant. DH has ignored and even tried to schedule a business call for the evening :nono:

I am currently sitting in the car in a parking lot with Ben & Jerry trying to drown my pain.

Hope your night turns out to be wonderful regardless. (and I join the others saying you need to go buy something nice or take a day out to pamper yourself)

Oh man, I'm sorry, TooPatient :blackeye: I'd be right there with ya' at the Ben & Jerry:)
My night was fine - just like every other Friday night, which is not a bad thing, just not exactly what I had in mind. Happy anniversary to you. I hope that you at least ordered take out and/or delivery vs. having to cook! ;-)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, Momhappy and TooPatient. That sounds very frustrating, and I wouldn't like it either. Perhaps you should express yourselves to your hubbies (calmly!) Maybe they don't know how important it is to make this weekend romantic.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband woke me up about 12:45 am this morning "Emergency I gotta go out shots fired honey help me get ready", talking 90 miles an hour in his rush to get his gear on and go. Luckily I'm an instant awake person. I rush downstairs, he tells me what he needs me to do, I do it. He tells me a man shot and killed his girlfriend, his mom or MIL is tied up and he is threatening to kill her. He stops, listens to his ear piece, growls "**** there's a kid there's a kid go go go". Listening to him talking, it's more to himself than to me, he's trying to wrap his mind about the possibilities of what might happen, what he might have to do. Watching him get his gear on flying like the wind, checking his hand gun, trying to get open the double/triple/fourple locked gun cabinet in what feels like slow motion, to get his own shotgun and get that checked. I tell him I will have my phone w/me if he needs anything to let me know. He kisses me, looks me in the eye "I love you" and I tell him to be safe, he leaves.

I lie in bed and try to force myself to sleep, I have to work, have to be up at 6..this is the 2nd time he's been called out and the first time happened almost exactly a year ago (Halloween last year), but this one has a child involved. Last time the man shot at JD and it was by the grace of whatever/whomever, sheer dumb luck that he hesitated that one hundredth of a millisecond and felt the bullet go *over* his head, felt the bullet go *exactly* where his face would have been had he lifted his head the tiniest fraction of an inch. stare at the clock until 3:30 when he comes home. I go out into the living room "wow, you're home awful fast, what happened?"

IT WAS AN EFFING HOAX.

Honest to pete they would've been justified to haul the man out and pummel him into the ground. ANGRY ohhh ANGRY does not even begin to describe it. Honest to pete that man is lucky *I* didn't go find him and pummel him into the ground.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, oh my gosh! I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope it doesn't get left there. That kind of hoax/prank/joke gets people killed. He deserves to be seriously punished. At least seriously fined. It ought to hurt.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry Packrat. As it read you post, I could so relate to all of it. Having a spouse in law enforcement is a so stressful. All that stress and worry and to have it be a hoax is infuriating. So much time and effort wasted on total BS just angers me and they should be charged to the fullest extent of the law.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry Packrat, I can only imagine how agonizing those few hours must have been for you and your husband. I'm so thankful JD is safe and no one was harmed. The jerk who pulled this sick prank needs to prosecuted. Pummeling him into the ground sounds like a great place to start. Hugs

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, packrat. My heart is racing a mile a minute just having read that. How you managed to stay calm through it all, I don't know and I give you so much credit for doing it.

IMHO, a pummeling would hardly be enough.

But, I am so very glad your husband is okay and was never in actual danger this time. I just wish he'd been safe at home with you the entire night.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Packrat, I'm so sorry that happened. How awful! :cry: Hugs! :wavey:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG packrat - isn't that a crime? Mischief even? Wasting police resources on that? Jeeze.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results