shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Blarg. MIL is coming to visit so DH thought it would be fun to invite his sister and our niece to stay with us. Joy. I actually like MIL, but SIL isn't very bright. Her life is full of drama and she's always the victim. Gems include being outraged that her boyfriend's wife would be mad at her, intentionally having a child with a married man, and commiting bankruptcy fraud (she didn't understand that she wasn't allowed to hide assets and run up her credit cards before declaring, nobody told her!).

I'm expecting a fun weekend of listening to her complain about how her married boyfriend isn't an involved father. How could she have possibly anticipated that one!?? I usually get by with sarcasm because she doesn't catch on, but I wouldn't dare in front of MIL.

DH gets annoyed if I say anything. All in a huff because it's like I think I'm better than his sister (his words). I'm horrible, but yeah I do think I'm better than her.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1424743070|3837261 said:
Just got ANOTHER failing grade on a midterm in one of my math classes. I'd think it was me having issues except that I have been getting 100% on all the quizzes and the class average for both exams have been right about 50% :-o :angryfire:

Woo hoo. Down to a C in the class and dreading what the next exam will do. I have another class with the department head. I think I may just mention in passing and see what she says. I don't want to get into formal complaints. Hoping she can just quietly deal with this. The guy is New and is a pretty lousy teacher. We've all been using other resources to learn the material. He has also no showed a couple of times and has been bringing his sick toddler to work with him.

Good news is I just got a B on a challenging engineering exam!

Somehow I missed that your courses were in engineering. I took engineering as a "mature" student and it was super tough! I don't know how I made it through some of the classes. It's so worth it in the end and you are amazing for balancing demanding courses and parenting!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Polished|1426478800|3847873 said:
I lost my mother when I was 33, a year after I had had my first child. We were exceptionally close and so enjoyed sharing all the same things.
Thanks for your message Polished. Unfortunately, I had a similar experience. I lost Mom when I was 32, and had my first child 2 months later. The night before she died, I was sleeping on a cot in her room at the hospice, and 7 months pregnant.

My MIL was her usual socially inappropriate, selfish self. I won't go through it in detail here because I am working on forgiving her (for my own reasons).

Hugs to you {{{Polished}}}

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
JanesJewels|1426438830|3847581 said:
Pregcurious and KaeKae:
(I was 39 when she died but she first became sick when I was 24.) Therefore, sadly, judgement and hurtful comments have been the order of the day. It hasn't even been a year yet and you wouldn't believe the hurtful remarks over the past year. They have affected me greatly, and what may seem an innocent remark to someone else amounts to a grieving setback for me. For this reason socializing has been very difficult and so I don't bother with some people now, because it's just too hurtful. Grief has rewritten my address book and re-landscaped my social life.

JanesJewels, everything you said rings so true to me. Grieving can be lonely. I remember a counselor from my Mom's hospice called me to join a grieving process group, but I was too busy with a newborn. Maybe one time I will join on. The sadness does not leave, I think partly because neither my Mom nor I were ready to see her go. Hugs back at you {{{JanesJewels}}}

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't even have the energy to vent. So sick of the drama. I like being happy and relaxed and positive. This non-stop sucky thing after sucky thing after sucky thing is so old.

Need to go make dinner but can't bring myself to go into the kitchen. Had planned to have dinner done by 5 since DH didn't have breakfast or lunch today because he doesn't want to come out of the bedroom after yesterday's big upset (he & I are okay, no problem there). (Yeah... he's been in the bedroom since 11 last night and only came out long enough to feed the animals this morning)

My final exams start Monday (actually two back to back Monday morning starting at 7:15am) and I really don't need this right now.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you and dh have had such a rough day TP, try to hang in there, this too shall pass. Take care of yourself, and try to get some rest. Just focus on getting through your exams, and try not to worry about anything else right now. Big hugs, I hope things settle down and you're feeling better soon. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1426821462|3849871 said:
JanesJewels|1426438830|3847581 said:
Pregcurious and KaeKae:
(I was 39 when she died but she first became sick when I was 24.) Therefore, sadly, judgement and hurtful comments have been the order of the day. It hasn't even been a year yet and you wouldn't believe the hurtful remarks over the past year. They have affected me greatly, and what may seem an innocent remark to someone else amounts to a grieving setback for me. For this reason socializing has been very difficult and so I don't bother with some people now, because it's just too hurtful. Grief has rewritten my address book and re-landscaped my social life.

JanesJewels, everything you said rings so true to me. Grieving can be lonely. I remember a counselor from my Mom's hospice called me to join a grieving process group, but I was too busy with a newborn. Maybe one time I will join on. The sadness does not leave, I think partly because neither my Mom nor I were ready to see her go. Hugs back at you {{{JanesJewels}}}

My heart goes out to both of you. I think I was well into my 30s, when I realized that there was no one around to help me grieve. Oh, there were many wonderful, caring people who looked out for me and my brother. But, counseling and support groups for kids were non-existent in the late 70s/early 80s. I realize now why I was drawn to two particular classmates. Each had lost her father earlier in elementary school. We unknowingly supported each other, I think. Otherwise, yes, it was a solitary kind of thing. Looking back, shame on my school, church and even my father (once he got back on his own feet a bit) for not seeking something for my brother and me. I swear, my brother did not voluntarily mention our mom for a decade or more after her death.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really a vent. Sort of. Finals week. Done with two, one more tomorrow.

Grandma treated in ER for crashed sodium levels due to diarrhea (she nearly died from low sodium a few years ago and is barely in okay range with treatment and close monitoring). Released earlier today.

Just got text that paramedics are on way to take her to ER after BP fell to 89/53.

No idea how bad this is. Feel helpless and scared. Want to be there but exam tomorrow. Waiting to see what happens. Will drive up if needed.

I can't lose her now. It is too soon.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh TP I'm sorry--sending lots of dust to gramma and to you!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
My vent/rage of the day: It's Spring and I had to shovel 5" of snow today. :angryfire:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1427152424|3851510 said:
My vent/rage of the day: It's Spring and I had to shovel 5" of snow today. :angryfire:

Seriously!!! WTF? And it's not just snow, it's heavy wet angry back-killin' snow!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1427154534|3851525 said:

Seriously!!! WTF? And it's not just snow, it's heavy wet angry back-killin' snow!

Yea, I did the front walk and sidewalk and told DH he had to do the back because I needed a Flexeril! OUCH!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lil Misfit|1427154621|3851526 said:
Dee*Jay|1427154534|3851525 said:

Yea, I did the front walk and sidewalk and told DH he had to do the back because I needed a Flexeril! OUCH!

On a whim (translation: with complete disregard for my herniated disc) I decided to do something nice for my neighbors who had a baby last week and shoveled their parking spot. Yowch. I am medicating heavily right now with prosecco. I wonder what Blue Cross Blue Shield will say when I submit the Binny's receipt.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, You are too funny! What were you thinking?? The snow that fell today is really heavy. You should have just left it. It is supposed to be close to 60 degrees on Wednesday. Do you have enough prosecco to get you through the next couple days?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1427157211|3851540 said:
Dee Jay, You are too funny! What were you thinking?? The snow that fell today is really heavy. You should have just left it. It is supposed to be close to 60 degrees on Wednesday. Do you have enough prosecco to get you through the next couple days?

Callie, I have, at rough count, about 60 bottles. That *should* be enough, but you know how they say you should stay ahead of your pain... !

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1427157320|3851541 said:
Calliecake|1427157211|3851540 said:

Callie, I have, at rough count, about 60 bottles. That *should* be enough, but you know how they say you should stay ahead of your pain... !

You really do need to stay ahead of the pain. I'm only about an hour away from you. If you run out, let me know and I will make a delivery for you! :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1427147561|3851487 said:

Thanks packrat,

They kept her in the hospital yesterday. Sounds like they might let her go home tomorrow. I really don't understand why. I just got out of my last final exam. Need to see if I can find out why they think she is okay to leave.
Her sodium levels are still way low plus potassium all messed up. There was mention of kidney issues too but my mother was a bit vague on that. BP also still low last I heard.
(The sodium thing is serious with her. When it gets way low it can do serious harm. She nearly died last time.)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1427248905|3852075 said:
packrat|1427147561|3851487 said:

Thanks packrat,

They kept her in the hospital yesterday. Sounds like they might let her go home tomorrow. I really don't understand why. I just got out of my last final exam. Need to see if I can find out why they think she is okay to leave.
Her sodium levels are still way low plus potassium all messed up. There was mention of kidney issues too but my mother was a bit vague on that. BP also still low last I heard.
(The sodium thing is serious with her. When it gets way low it can do serious harm. She nearly died last time.)

TP, I'm so sorry about all of this, I know how stressful and upsetting this must be for you, I hope you can get some answers and I hope your grandmother is doing better soon. (((Hugs)))

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
My 6 month old kitten decided today, that my blanket was his litterbox.
Scratch scratch scratch, I put my book down to see what he was scratching at and realized he was peeing.

We just had a vet appointment for his 6month Mark.
I'm livid because this blanket was a gift from my mom, from south Korea. But okay, can't be mad, told myself to breathe as I took the cat in the bathroom to wash the urine off of him.
Finish bathing him, mid drying, he goes #2 and hisses at me.

He's in the bathroom right now, I'm in my kitchen crying out of frustration. What is his freaking deal?!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you changed litter?
have you moved the box?
any changes in the household?
if the behavior persists back to the vet with him.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm mailing some jewelry to a PS vendor for spiffing up, registered mail of course (and as required by the vendor). Thanks to PS Hangout, I was aware that a registered mail parcel MUST be sealed with paper tape.

I went to four stores and a local mailbox/shipping shop. NOBODY sells paper tape these days!

So I went to my local post office. Asked if the requirement still holds (it does) and explained that I had gone to four stores and not one of them carried paper tape. The clerk was sympathetic and gave me a generous length of paper tape to go with the priority mail box I was holding. I got home an very carefully packaged up my treasure, even sealing and addressing the inner box as recommended. I then had fun with paper tape, which by the way is pretty neat stuff, and sealed the edges of the box enough that it was starting to look like a papier mache creation. And as I picked up my keys and prepared to head back to the Post Office, it occurred to me...

I had forgotten to include the repair authorization and release form in the box!

*sigh*

So I went to two more stores looking for paper tape. No luck.

Then I want to a different post office and once again stated my case. And the friendly postal clerk again gave me a generous length of paper tape to go with the new priority mail box I was holding. This one went a step further and also gave me the registered mail form to complete. :mrgreen:

Everything's packed up again and I'm finally ready to head send this package on its way. I think I might just go online and buy myself a big fat roll of reinforced paper tape... to have on hand just in case! :lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I feel your pain! I've gone searching for paper tape as well... to no avail. I've resorted to cutting Trader Joe brown paper bags into strips and then gluing the paper strips on to the parcel - works great (as long as you have brown paper bags and glue)!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaand...

I just realized that I forgot to write the authorization number on the front of the package as requested. :???: :rolleyes: After sending the package on it's way, of course. *sigh*

marymm|1427402600|3852848 said:
^ I feel your pain! I've gone searching for paper tape as well... to no avail. I've resorted to cutting Trader Joe brown paper bags into strips and then gluing the paper strips on to the parcel - works great (as long as you have brown paper bags and glue)!

That would have been my last resort. Next time it might be my first! Though seriously, for some reason I just think that paper tape is very cool stuff!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It REALLY bugs me when marijuana smokers use the argument that what they are doing isn't as bad as drinking. I feel this is an invalid argument for many reasons, but mostly I feel this is a way to shirk responsibility for their own behavior.

Just recently, a blog post came out on Scary Mommy where a mom confessed that she smokes pot on a regular basis. Her argument was that there are moms who drink and take care of kids, so what's the problem? My problem with this is that alcohol drinking moms have NEVER had a scapegoat. They have always had to own up to their behavior. I have never once heard an alcohol drinking parent say, "well I am better than that heroin junkie parent over there!"

I would really like to see the pot smoking community take responsibility for itself and stop redirecting attention from itself by pointing the finger at alcohol. The two are not related in the least! Hey Pot Smokers! Put on your big girl panties and compare yourself to the sober parents like the alcoholics have been doing for decades! How do you size up then?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I tend to agree housecat.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well said HouseCat :appl:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1429206557|3863026 said:
It REALLY bugs me when marijuana smokers use the argument that what they are doing isn't as bad as drinking. I feel this is an invalid argument for many reasons, but mostly I feel this is a way to shirk responsibility for their own behavior.

Just recently, a blog post came out on Scary Mommy where a mom confessed that she smokes pot on a regular basis. Her argument was that there are moms who drink and take care of kids, so what's the problem? My problem with this is that alcohol drinking moms have NEVER had a scapegoat. They have always had to own up to their behavior. I have never once heard an alcohol drinking parent say, "well I am better than that heroin junkie parent over there!"

I would really like to see the pot smoking community take responsibility for itself and stop redirecting attention from itself by pointing the finger at alcohol. The two are not related in the least! Hey Pot Smokers! Put on your big girl panties and compare yourself to the sober parents like the alcoholics have been doing for decades! How do you size up then?

I regularly use marijuana, but I don't actually smoke it, I use a vaporizer. So I don't consider myself a "pot smoker."

I take full responsibility (and yes, I'm a mom) and don't feel the need to justify it at all. I find it bizarre that you would compare it to alcoholism or being a junkie. I size up wonderfully, thank you. My child is a well-adjusted inspired young woman, my 25 year marriage is better than ever, and I am gainfully employed at a job I'm quite good at. I even work with teens!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it. ;-)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1429233320|3863294 said:

I regularly use marijuana, but I don't actually smoke it, I use a vaporizer. So I don't consider myself a "pot smoker."

I take full responsibility (and yes, I'm a mom) and don't feel the need to justify it at all. I find it bizarre that you would compare it to alcoholism or being a junkie. I size up wonderfully, thank you. My child is a well-adjusted inspired young woman, my 25 year marriage is better than ever, and I am gainfully employed at a job I'm quite good at. I even work with teens!

I am not the person comparing pot smoking (or vaping or ingesting in any form) to alcohol intake. Pot users regularly compare themselves to alcohol users and say that pot isn't as bad. I have seen it on meme after meme and blog post after blog post.

Furthermore I compared the heroin junkie against the alcoholic, not the pot smoker. So you probably found what I was saying bizarre because didn't understand what I was saying?

I have seen pot junkies btw. People who would choose to buy pot rather than pay their rent or buy suitable food for their kids.

But I am very happy that you consider yourself a well adjusted pot vaping person!

Finally, isn't this a venting thread? Why do I have to defend my vent? These are my personal feelings.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1429234705|3863307 said:

I am not the person comparing pot smoking (or vaping or ingesting in any form) to alcohol intake. Pot users regularly compare themselves to alcohol users and say that pot isn't as bad. I have seen it on meme after meme and blog post after blog post.

Furthermore I compared the heroin junkie against the alcoholic, not the pot smoker. So you probably found what I was saying bizarre because didn't understand what I was saying?

I have seen pot junkies btw. People who would choose to buy pot rather than pay their rent or buy suitable food for their kids.

But I am very happy that you consider yourself a well adjusted pot vaping person!

Finally, isn't this a venting thread? Why do I have to defend my vent? These are my personal feelings.

Who said you had to defend your vent? My post was also a vent - inspired by your post.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1429236063|3863326 said:
House Cat|1429234705|3863307 said:

Who said you had to defend your vent? My post was also a vent - inspired by your post.
I'm sorry, did I misunderstand when you spoke directly to me in your original inspired by me vent? If I did, then please forgive me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results