shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
supposed to get results re polyp that was removed during colonoscopy on 12/22 this week.

however, and this is a big F******G HOWEVER, on 12/19 I had a mammogram and was called back to have further testing on 12/26.........and as a result of that guess who is having a biopsy tomorrow?! so, this week I should have the results on two tests rather than one.

not freaking out but will admit to some stress. at the end of the day, though, what is is and what will be will be.........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1419920246|3809466 said:
supposed to get results re polyp that was removed during colonoscopy on 12/22 this week.

however, and this is a big F******G HOWEVER, on 12/19 I had a mammogram and was called back to have further testing on 12/26.........and as a result of that guess who is having a biopsy tomorrow?! so, this week I should have the results on two tests rather than one.

not freaking out but will admit to some stress. at the end of the day, though, what is is and what will be will be.........

Take care MoZo!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Good grief! *crossing fingers* that both tests come back okay….
Hugs to you MZ.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope both come back clear! Sending you lots of hugs and dust.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many of ya'll know, I work in a pharmacy inside a doctor's office/clinic... It's common knowledge that when one frequents such establishments, there are certain bits of information that one would need to know (or at least have handy). Yesterday, I had, not one, but FOUR patients who didn't know their SSNs -- these were GROWN A$$ ADULTS we're talking about here. :shock: (ages ranged from 26-45). A few of them had grown children of their own...

Not only did these patients have no idea what their SSNs were, they didn't even have them written anywhere. The 26 year old had his mother filling in all the paperwork, speaking for him (when I asked him questions), and she even signed for his scripts! I asked him for his phone number, and he got all "deer in the headlights" and immediately looked at his mother... who was able to tell me.

CUT THE UMBILICAL CORD AND BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR *ADULT* SELF! SHEESH!! :wall: :roll:

BTW, all four pts were of sound mind with no obvious psychological deficit.

Rant over.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Msop, I can commiserate. I have had a couple of clients recently who are mother/daughter situations and the moms could not seem to let the daughters (early twenties in one case and in another, early thirties!) speak for themselves at any point. It was so frustrating to deal with. I would speak directly to the daughter, and mom would cut her off and talk over her even though I continued to address daughter. These young women were quite capable and it was upsetting to witness. I grew up with a mother who encouraged me to speak and do things for myself and did her best not to thwart my confidence in most regards, so to see these women try to deal with their overbearing mothers was super disappointing and left me shaking my head after they were gone.

I'm not sure we're doing our youth a favor or not with allowing young adults to stay on their parents' healthcare plans until age 26 now. Or maybe it doesn't matter; maybe there will always be helicopter parents raising helpless kids. :errrr:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The selection on Amazon Kindle Unlimited is underwhelming, to put it kindly.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ-- hope the biopsy went well and you got lots of good news to start the new year.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1420166002|3810685 said:
MZ-- hope the biopsy went well and you got lots of good news to start the new year.

Me too MZ, thinking of you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pushed the envelope a bit and e-mailed the gastro dr on 12/31: benign!
get results on the other biopsy this afternoon.....could do it over the phone but think i'd rather get the news either way in person.
thanks for the good thoughts and keep those fingers crossed, please!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So frustrated.

We started "A" in a tutoring program when we finally got custody of her 28 months ago. She was way behind in grade level (around 1st grade level going into 7th grade). They did awesome and she worked hard to get caught up. Got into the slightly advanced class for 8th grade and is now in honors science, honors history, honors English, and another slightly advanced math class.

All great.

But once she got the paper that said she was at grade level, she started dragging her feet and not giving it the effort she had been. It got so bad a year ago that we let her know that if she didn't put in at least a bit of effort, we'd cancel and she'd just have her math in school. Got good effort for about a month and then back to worse than before. Had another talk 6 months ago with same results (only shorter improved) but it has gotten really bad. She has been skipping days, taking 2 hours for stuff I've watched her do in 20 minutes, trying to make plans on in person days so she doesn't have to go, didn't go at all this week.

We want her to have the opportunity for help and learning all the cool math tricks that make math so much easier. But this is miserable. She does this so severely that homework is often 6-8 hours after her school day. I don't want her to burn out or get sick.

She has now taken 7 months to do what should have taken 4. But she hasn't even finished yet. She goes in Wednesday but feels like she needs to review the whole thing over again (another 3-4 weeks) before even trying the test to move on.

Gah!
I am sick of the added stress and game playing and all that. I feel like giving them the required 30 day notice and just stopping. (She does have access to Khan academy and all sorts of other resources so she could do stuff if she wanted)
But I don't want to make a wrong choice out of frustration!
"B" feels about the same as I do. We're just sitting together going back and forth between cancel and don't cancel.

Can't even just talk to "A" because she never gives an honest answer. She says she wants to keep going but all of her actions (and other conversations she and I have had) point to her really not wanting to do the tutoring.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1420223007|3810924 said:
pushed the envelope a bit and e-mailed the gastro dr on 12/31: benign!
get results on the other biopsy this afternoon.....could do it over the phone but think i'd rather get the news either way in person.
thanks for the good thoughts and keep those fingers crossed, please!

Yay!!!

Hoping your results this afternoon are great too :))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too, has "A" seen a counselor?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1420224703|3810944 said:
Too, has "A" seen a counselor?

Only informally.
She refuses to go and when we have tried, she just says "all the right things" so I'm left meeting after to give information. She had one convinced that we were starving her...
Most won't even make an appointment because she is 15 1/2 and won't consent to speaking with them.

I am working with someone who helps me and also offers suggestions to help with "A" but I know they can only do so much that way.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad you're getting help, Too!
remember, though, you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink....kids and horses, sigh.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1420226405|3810959 said:
glad you're getting help, Too!
remember, though, you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink....kids and horses, sigh.

:lol:

That is exactly what I reminded DH of this morning when he was frustrated over what to do.

I'm really leaning towards canceling since she really doesn't want to do it. Would be good if she did but it is only adding stress to life.

Poor DH is upset because he seems to see it as a one way thing that will lead to extra work and suffering for her later. He knows we can start it again but it would mean review of old stuff to get back to where she ended.

To make it more complicated, it is costing $$$ and I think we are both afraid of feeling like we took a good thing away to save money or (worse given her aunt and mother) being seen as not providing because of the money.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
benign, Benign, BENIGN!

gyn dr's nurse called the lab and insisted on results~!

will do confirming phone call with radiologist this afternoon [saving a couple hours of driving which I would do if it wasn't benign] to get more definitive and exact wording as well as suggested follow up.

I was actually prepared for "the worst" and had done a lot of online "self=education" and had concluded I reached a zen moment on that biopsy table when I realized there are worse cancers out there and worse decisions to be made: as I told hubby yesterday the idea of being diabetic and having to have a foot or leg amputated in my mind's eye would be worse.

happy new year one and all!

and, Too, my experience is that we can want to save our kids from the problems we know await them down the road when we see them making bad decisions but sometimes we really do not have control to keep them from walking the school of hard knocks.......sigh.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1420223074|3810927 said:
So frustrated.

We started "A" in a tutoring program when we finally got custody of her 28 months ago. She was way behind in grade level (around 1st grade level going into 7th grade). They did awesome and she worked hard to get caught up. Got into the slightly advanced class for 8th grade and is now in honors science, honors history, honors English, and another slightly advanced math class.

This might be a bit too much pressure. How about trying the regular classes. Honors classes can be intimidating and full of way too much busy work and high-achieving students. Neither of my kids took honors or advanced classes and both now have college degrees, one in Physics and the other in Cognitive Science. Don't believe the idea that only the "advanced" kids get into college and are successful.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome MZ!!!

So nice of them to call for the results so you didn't have to worry.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1420234607|3811033 said:
So frustrated.

This might be a bit too much pressure. How about trying the regular classes. Honors classes can be intimidating and full of way too much busy work and high-achieving students. Neither of my kids took honors or advanced classes and both now have college degrees, one in Physics and the other in Cognitive Science. Don't believe the idea that only the "advanced" kids get into college and are successful.

Her day looks relaxing to me but I'm sure it feels different for her. All of her other classes are fun electives (well, plus PE) and she has said several times that she is glad to be in the honors classes because the regular give out a lot more homework.

Will have to see if we can get her to talk about what she wants to do. Don't want to be pushing her too hard but would hate to take something away that could help if it is something she wants.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1420239152|3811062 said:
So frustrated.

We started "A" in a tutoring program when we finally got custody of her 28 months ago. She was way behind in grade level (around 1st grade level going into 7th grade). They did awesome and she worked hard to get caught up. Got into the slightly advanced class for 8th grade and is now in honors science, honors history, honors English, and another slightly advanced math classs.

Her day looks relaxing to me but I'm sure it feels different for her. All of her other classes are fun electives (well, plus PE) and she has said several times that she is glad to be in the honors classes because the regular give out a lot more homework.

Will have to see if we can get her to talk about what she wants to do. Don't want to be pushing her too hard but would hate to take something away that could help if it is something she wants.
If she's enjoying the honors classes, that's great. And it sounds like she relates to the group of kids she is with and can do the work. But didn't you say she spends a lot of time doing homework? Teens! You gotta love 'em!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful News MZ! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1420408875|3811767 said:
TooPatient|1420239152|3811062 said:
So frustrated.

We started "A" in a tutoring program when we finally got custody of her 28 months ago. She was way behind in grade level (around 1st grade level going into 7th grade). They did awesome and she worked hard to get caught up. Got into the slightly advanced class for 8th grade and is now in honors science, honors history, honors English, and another slightly advanced math classs.

If she's enjoying the honors classes, that's great. And it sounds like she relates to the group of kids she is with and can do the work. But didn't you say she spends a lot of time doing homework? Teens! You gotta love 'em!

The homework (including tutoring) is only about an hour to hour and a half per day with at least one full day off per week.... When she wants to do it. The problem comes in her sneaking an hour at Starbucks plus another half hour here and half hour there and 45 minutes there until it turns into her being up way too late trying to finish stuff. We've tried to get her to see that if she just does the work she has MORE time to do the fun stuff but it hasn't sunk in yet. Heck, I even tried carefully managing her for a week so she could see the difference. (She has all the planners, post it notes, etc, etc she could ever want and knows how to use them when she chooses so she can do that herself if she wants. She has also done it for days and weeks at a time so she IS capable of it if she chooses...)

More big developments since I originally posted. Giving 30 day notice to tutoring center. I also need to follow up with the lady I'm seeing because I need advice. I think we need to just let her find her own way but want to see if there is anything we can do to help.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news Movie Zombie! So happy you are in the clear!!! Happy New Year indeed.

Too Patient, it will all work out but I understand how frustrating this is for you guys. Hoping things go more smoothly from hereon in.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't want to go back to work today. My vacation was not long enough.... ;( :(sad

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I went and got a new calendar when I was on my dinner break tonight and managed to lock everything in the car in the parking garage when I got back. I had on my coat and that was it. This was the third time in my entire driving life I've done this and all three times have been in the last five years. SO bailed me out (again.) I'm thinking about having another key made to leave in my desk, even though it's one of those keys with a built-in remote, so they cost like $200.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1420233360|3811020 said:
benign, Benign, BENIGN!

gyn dr's nurse called the lab and insisted on results~!

will do confirming phone call with radiologist this afternoon [saving a couple hours of driving which I would do if it wasn't benign] to get more definitive and exact wording as well as suggested follow up.

I was actually prepared for "the worst" and had done a lot of online "self=education" and had concluded I reached a zen moment on that biopsy table when I realized there are worse cancers out there and worse decisions to be made: as I told hubby yesterday the idea of being diabetic and having to have a foot or leg amputated in my mind's eye would be worse.

happy new year one and all!

:appl: :dance: ((I've always wanted to use that emotie!))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear teachers,

This is HIGH school not pre-school. The "children" don't need to have non-stop parties and treats.

On the RARE occasion a day of fun is justified, please e-mail us in advance to let us know so we can have time to plan for food to send to school. Even though it is high school the "children" don't always tell us when there is stuff coming up.

Thanks!

GAHHHHH!!!!

It is 10:00 at night. I'm getting ready for bed. My alarm goes off in 7 1/2 hours and I'd like to read for a little bit. "A" just walked up to me and said "Oh! I forgot we have a party in LA/SS tomorrow. We're supposed to bring food..."
Me: :-o :nono: :angryfire: :nono:

This is the EIGHTH time this year (and first semester isn't over yet!) that they have had a party in some class or other and were supposed to bring food. (Not counting the dozen bake sales for choir which I single handedly provided goodies for 3 times!)

I told "A" that I am going to bed and will NOT be sending anything to the party because she didn't give me any time to do anything. In future, please let me know ahead of time....

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1420233360|3811020 said:
benign, Benign, BENIGN!

WOOHOOOOO!

(sorry - I missed this the first time around)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, everyone!

now the latest: Saturday as I was slicing carrots in the kitchen with a knife too big for the job a carrot rolled under my hand and I took a hunk out of my left thumb....oh, yeah a HUNK. took an hour to stop the bleeding. hubby wanted me to go to urgent care but I do not think they'd do anything other than what I did: clean with water, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, hit with mercurochrome [yes, these all were not pleasant] and bandage. took bandage off last night to let air for some hours. looks to be healing well, no infection, etc. rebandaged to protect it during sleeping and for today as well. will remove again tonight to examine and let air for hours. and thankfully not really painful either!

on a side note: I know my knives are sharp!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results