shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation Plans???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to Cabo with the family for a week in August. I''m dreading it, believe it or not. Traveling with my 4 and 2 year old monsters is a true test of character.
20.gif
After vacationing with them, I''m ready to pass out from exhaustion and extreme stress. It''s soooo much more relaxing to just stay in town, but DH LOVES Cabo and wouldn''t dream of not going.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2007 12:26:37 PM
Author: Mara
wow everyone''s plans are so exciting!! we are just going to palm springs for our annual resort visit this summer, maybe sonoma for a weekend towards late summer, and considering going to a friend''s wedding in acapulco/mexico which also falls 2 days from my birthday in october...so we are seeing if we can fit that in...my parents want to go to hawaii in december so we''d love to do BOTH mexico and hawaii but it might depend on work! darn that work.
Wait Mara, are you an October baby too?
9.gif
How did I not know that!? We''ll need to go out for cake and drinks or something!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:48:33 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/18/2007 7:27:37 PM
Author: Skippy123
Oh gosh, I didn''t realize you were asking me. You always crack me up. You are the queen of the shortest posts.
31.gif
She is! And I was just thinking the other day how talkative she''s gotten. lol
9.gif

Isn''t the Grand Canyon amazing?? I wanted to ride the mule to the bottom and back up when we went, but at 6 months pregnant, it wasn''t such a feasable idea.
8.gif
What? Me talkative?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going on my usual yearly jaunt to Montreal the weekend after the 4th. I always go the last weekend of the Jazzfest and it''s a great time.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 12:19:56 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 6/18/2007 7:48:33 PM

Date: 6/18/2007 7:27:37 PM
Oh gosh, I didn''t realize you were asking me. You always crack me up. You are the queen of the shortest posts.
31.gif
She is! And I was just thinking the other day how talkative she''s gotten. lol
9.gif
What? Me talkative?
Moreso than at first, but that''s a good thing!
1.gif

And you KNOW I don''t hate you, not really.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 9:09:27 AM
Moreso than at first, but that''s a good thing!
1.gif

And you KNOW I don''t hate you, not really.
2.gif
It took a while to get to know some nice people, including yourself.
1.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m headed to Atlantic City next week for a super crazy 5 days with family and friends! I''m sooo excited except for the fact I''m going to celebrate my 30th birthday.
39.gif
Let''s just say they''ll be some Grey Geese taking flight
3.gif
. Wish me luck-I''m hoping to hit the big one! hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 8:42:16 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty
I'm headed to Atlantic City next week for a super crazy 5 days with family and friends! I'm sooo excited except for the fact I'm going to celebrate my 30th birthday.
39.gif
Let's just say they'll be some Grey Geese taking flight
3.gif
. Wish me luck-I'm hoping to hit the big one! hehe
30's great. . . you are going to love it!!! HAPPY 30th!!! I wish you lots of lucky
9.gif
35.gif
(happy winnings)!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy!
9.gif
It should be fun!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping to see if anyone has new vacation plans.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
you have a 14 day cruise coming up july 28th and trip to Canada ;D hehe

I think Miss Ellen is on her lovely trip!!! I miiss her!

I think there are a few PS'ers taking trips as we speak;D

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 9:11:11 AM
Author: bee*
Date: 6/16/2007 8:23:58 AM

We interrupt this posting for a special announcement.

oshin, your av is hysterical.
9.gif

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.

I was just thinking that-I love it!

Thanks. It reminded me of Comet....I know he''s always laughing at me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 7:02:18 AM

I think there are a few PS''ers taking trips as we speak;D
I wondered why Ellen has been MIA.

I''ve finally finalised my travel plans. I won''t be going to Canada or Switzerland, but I will be going to my favourite city.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 10:42:51 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/15/2007 7:02:18 AM

I think there are a few PS''ers taking trips as we speak;D
I wondered why Ellen has been MIA.

I''ve finally finalised my travel plans. I won''t be going to Canada or Switzerland, but I will be going to my favourite city.
You''re going to Syndey?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We rented a house on the beach in Stone Harbor from Memorial Day to Labor Day so most of our weekends will be spent there, with friends and family coming to stay.

We are going to Nantucket for 5 days and then to visit my older kids at camp...

In December we will go to Turks and Caicos for winter break.

Kristy, I call that needing a vacation from my vacation! Now my kids are older and I take help with me so that makes a difference. Hubby is into relaxing (which I get totally) but then I feel totally stressed because I am trying to juggle three kids and their activities while he gets massages and sits on the beach. Bringing help with me that I trust is the only thing that works. But add in the mother in law and all the good goes out the window!!!

Hubby wanted to do a lot of different trips including India but I am not in the place to do that, too much and too far for me with how hectic things get with three kids...I never feel, even if Mary Poppins lived in my house, that I can disappear for two weeks like that.

We also are just starting a project to build a new home about 5 miles from our current one, and I know it is going to be very time consuming...so I need to be around for all the millions of decisions involved. Skippy, this was partly motivated because we want to have a pool and cabana, and in the township we live in they are very strict about what you can do on your property...we have one acre but our home takes up a large portion of the footprint so the township allotment is pretty much used up...and we would have to tear apart all of our patios, walkways (hardsurface) etc and take out our huge wood playstructure and we still would have a tight squeeze. So we started looking around, more for fun, and decided that we needed to start from scratch to get what we want. Having built before I know what is involved and it is not the time to be away frequently...

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
We are beach bound next weekend baby!!! Whoo hoo!!!

Can you tell I am excited? LOL! DH and I rented a house in Bethany Beach, DE with my best friend and her DH. We are taking our combined four children for a week of sun, surf and Grotto pizza.

18.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Joolskie, dont forget to bring some ring **** with you!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
we are heading to Punta Cana for a whole week for our 1 year anni
36.gif

3 weeks from today!! let the countdown begin! I can''t wait for the beach.....

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
We are heading to the Jersey shore for ten days, leaving on Thursday. My parents have a beachfront home, and we'll have a rotating crowd of company.

But we did not plan a France trip this year as my sister's baby was due and it's my parents' 40th anniversary.
7.gif
Next year we are going, for 2 weeks at least! I will make sure of it! Especially since our plans for children may be not too far in the future after that.

We are also spending 2 nights in NYC with my parents in August. They met there and although I grew up only a couple of hours away, we really didn't go there much. This is our consolation prize for not going to France and our way to help them celebrate their anniversary (they met in NYC in 1966). We're the only offspring without children right now so I can imagine we're the easiest and most fun to go out with!

In the fall we are spending two or three nights at the Sundance resort in Utah as a work reward for DH.

I really can't complain since I get the whole summer off. I love traveling, and I've thought about going away somewhere for the weekend, but we enjoy our new home and our city life so much that I'd rather spread that money going out to eat around here regularly than going for one weekend to a new place where we might not even like the restaurant we end up at.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 2:18:27 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
We are heading to the Jersey shore for ten days, leaving on Thursday. My parents have a beachfront home, and we''ll have a rotating crowd of company.

But we did not plan a France trip this year as my sister''s baby was due and it''s my parents'' 40th anniversary.
7.gif
Next year we are going, for 2 weeks at least! I will make sure of it! Especially since our plans for children may be not too far in the future after that.

We are also spending 2 nights in NYC with my parents in August. They met there and although I grew up only a couple of hours away, we really didn''t go there much. This is our consolation prize for not going to France and our way to help them celebrate their anniversary (they met in NYC in 1966). We''re the only offspring without children right now so I can imagine we''re the easiest and most fun to go out with!

In the fall we are spending two or three nights at the Sundance resort in Utah as a work reward for DH.

I really can''t complain since I get the whole summer off. I love traveling, and I''ve thought about going away somewhere for the weekend, but we enjoy our new home and our city life so much that I''d rather spread that money going out to eat around here regularly than going for one weekend to a new place where we might not even like the restaurant we end up at.

PG - which jersey shore town will you be in? My parents live in Spring Lake Heights - we''ll be in Sea Girt next weekend for the Parker House Fun Run!

Do you live on the East coast? I assumed you were in Arizona
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 11:16:05 AM
Author: KimberlyH
You''re going to Syndey?
Yes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 11:43:16 AM
Author: diamondfan
We rented a house on the beach in Stone Harbor from Memorial Day to Labor Day so most of our weekends will be spent there, with friends and family coming to stay.

We are going to Nantucket for 5 days and then to visit my older kids at camp...

In December we will go to Turks and Caicos for winter break.

Kristy, I call that needing a vacation from my vacation! Now my kids are older and I take help with me so that makes a difference. Hubby is into relaxing (which I get totally) but then I feel totally stressed because I am trying to juggle three kids and their activities while he gets massages and sits on the beach. Bringing help with me that I trust is the only thing that works. But add in the mother in law and all the good goes out the window!!!

Hubby wanted to do a lot of different trips including India but I am not in the place to do that, too much and too far for me with how hectic things get with three kids...I never feel, even if Mary Poppins lived in my house, that I can disappear for two weeks like that.

We also are just starting a project to build a new home about 5 miles from our current one, and I know it is going to be very time consuming...so I need to be around for all the millions of decisions involved. Skippy, this was partly motivated because we want to have a pool and cabana, and in the township we live in they are very strict about what you can do on your property...we have one acre but our home takes up a large portion of the footprint so the township allotment is pretty much used up...and we would have to tear apart all of our patios, walkways (hardsurface) etc and take out our huge wood playstructure and we still would have a tight squeeze. So we started looking around, more for fun, and decided that we needed to start from scratch to get what we want. Having built before I know what is involved and it is not the time to be away frequently...
Wow, sounds wonderful to wake up and read the paper right their on the beach or barbecue or have company over; lovely! Enjoy
9.gif

How exciting on the new house!!! Sounds like it will be gorgeous
35.gif
My bathing suit is ready
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 2:07:01 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
36.gif

3 weeks from today!! let the countdown begin! I can't wait for the beach.....
Wow, sounds lovely. Happy Anniversary
35.gif
. Enjoy the gorgeous blue waters.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 2:07:01 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
36.gif

3 weeks from today!! let the countdown begin! I can''t wait for the beach.....
Congratulations in advance!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, how was your trip? We missed ya!!!!!
emstar.gif

Cool Harriet!
10.gif

Joolskie, Danielle and PG have fun at the Jersey shore!!!!
emhot.gif
emsmiled.gif

I go to Vegas toward the end of August and the gorgeous Grand Canyon!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did Ellen go?
33.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thanks! The house has worked out well, we will end up with some friends and a lot of family having come down. When the weather is nice it is great.

We are excited but a bit nervous too,. Just finished interviewing the last architect and now need to get moving. This will be my final house, and more of my dream house than my current one, though my current one is lovely too. This one has a lot more land, and it is all fairly flat and usable which is wonderful. Plus, since the land is significant, we can really put on what we want, and not compromise. It will be at least 2 years and likely more, so you might want to buy a new swim suit then!!! But honestly, hubby feels excited that if it comes out how we like, he will have vacations during the summer at our house! With a pool, court, entertainment stuff, he might enjoy some time at home which is something he does not get a lot of. He will have the club for golf, and of course we can go away places, especially when my youngest joins his big brothers at sleep away in a few years...and we would likely rent a home in Nantucket for the month of August and go get them from camp and hang out up there...

All of you who are Shore bound, where in the shore will you be? I am near Cape May, but a bit north of it, on Seven Mile Island with Avalon and Stone Harbor...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
Is Cape May nice? It''s a long-weekend option for us.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 7:51:49 PM
Ellen, how was your trip? We missed ya!!!!!
emstar.gif
Thanks Skippy, I missed you guys too! Even Harriet, who evidently did not miss me.
25.gif
9.gif
2.gif

It was great, very relaxing. Hard not to have a good time being with your favorite people lying in a beautiful pool drinking brewskies.
9.gif
Thanks for asking.
2.gif

Harriet, we went to see hubs sister and family for a few days.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results