shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS question

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
After the debacle with the USPS losing my Cartier ring en route to NYC for a tune up, I was very hesitant to send my diamonds off to Grace. (she is making me not one but two of her beautiful bracelets!!!) :appl: :appl: :appl:
But I sucked it up and did. On Saturday I posted it. Registered, taped appropriately and both addresses on the packaging as well. The tracking says left PO on its way to sorting.....on Saturday and that's the last update :( I know they don't always update right away, but should I start to panic yet?? Talk me down off the ledge please.

jewels-by-grace-diamond-bangle-bracelets-1__1_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give it a bit more time. I'm sure it'll get to you. Don't forget to allow an extra day for the Memorial Holiday.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I recently sent my stone ["2 day delivery"] to NY from NC on a Friday it took a week to get there. I got a little ansty too and was relieved when it arrived. I predict All will be Well!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Updating tracking information online is not the USPS's forte. When this happened to me in the past, I called my Post Office. I gave them the tracking number and asked them to look it up on their system, which offers a lot more information than what we get.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I've shipped something USPS that had a tracking number, the tracking info was only updated when I dropped off the package and again when it arrived at it's destination. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1400782897|3678297 said:
When I've shipped something USPS that had a tracking number, the tracking info was only updated when I dropped off the package and again when it arrived at it's destination. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Yup, they don't do tracking like FedX... :rolleyes:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reassurances. I guess running into a holiday weekend wasn't a good choice, but I wanted to get it to her before everyone ran off to Vegas!!
The bracelets are my 35th wedding anniversary present and Grace is making or rather remaking my DH wedding band so I was antsy.
Ill just breathe now.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Yippee skippy its says arrived! Thanks all for the hand holding.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it arrived Sparklelu. I just sent something registered today to WF and holy cow the taping process what quite the show at the post office. And of course their packing tape wouldn't stick to my plastic tape so I had to repack my box at the counter. Keep your fingers crossed my package arrives next Tuesday. The things we do for our treasures.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
marcy said:
Glad it arrived Sparklelu. I just sent something registered today to WF and holy cow the taping process what quite the show at the post office. And of course their packing tape wouldn't stick to my plastic tape so I had to repack my box at the counter. Keep your fingers crossed my package arrives next Tuesday. The things we do for our treasures.

Fingers crossed for safe travels

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results