shape
carat
color
clarity

Using a smilie on my MAC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone.

I have done a search on this topic but can't find a solution.

How can I insert smileys if I use a mac? All that appears is script. Here, look https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif

That was supposed to be a smiley waving. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing.

Unfortunately techy minded DH has been working crazy days/hours so he is not available to help!

PriceScope, I need to emote to you all!! Help me!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 8:17:43 AM
Author:susimoo
Hi everyone.

How can I insert smileys if I use a mac? All that appears is script. Here, look https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif

That was supposed to be a smiley waving. What am I doing wrong or what am I not doing.

Unfortunately techy minded DH has been working crazy days/hours so he is not available to help!

Hi Susimoo,
I have the same problem. The only emoticons I can use are the ones that are at the bottom of each post. I just click onto the emoticon I want to add to whatever post I am writing and it shows up.

However, I cannot figure out how to use the great selection that are in the emoticon thread in hangout. Interestingly enough though I can use those anywhere else BUT pricescope. It's a mystery. I am not technologically adept so I just gave up. Would love it if Lorelai comes up with a straightforward (ie easy for a computer illiterate like myself) solution.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 8:41:47 AM
Author: missy

Hi everyone.

How can I insert smileys if I use a mac? All that appears is script. Here, look http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif

Hi Susimoo,
I have the same problem. The only emoticons I can use are the ones that are at the bottom of each post. I just click onto the emoticon I want to add to whatever post I am writing and it shows up.

However, I cannot figure out how to use the great selection that are in the emoticon thread in hangout. Interestingly enough though I can use those anywhere else BUT pricescope. It's a mystery. I am not technologically adept so I just gave up. Would love it if Lorelai comes up with a straightforward (ie easy for a computer illiterate like myself) solution.
Missy, here is how to use the emoties in hangout.

What you need to do if you are on Internet Explorer is this. Have the reply box open where you want to use the emotie ready in the usual way, then go to where it says Page upper right of your toolbar. Click on Page and it will list options, choose new window. This will open a brand new page, using this page open the emoticon thread, so you have two PS windows open, one with your reply box where you want to use the emotie ready and waiting, and the new window page open with the emoties ready.

Then all you need to do is select your emotie, position the mouse over it, then click, hold and drag the emotie to the reply box and release the mouse. Then hit submit and the emotie will show up in your new post.

There are more instructions for ' dragging and dropping' the emoties in the first emotie thread post if the above isn't clear!
nails.gif
cheerleader1.gif
smoke.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Lorelei!

I am technically challenged! Your help is much appreciated. I will give it a go. I just love the smiley''s. They make a post come to life!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

Hi everyone.

I have done a search on this topic but can''t find a solution.

Hi Susimoo,

However, I cannot figure out how to use the great selection that are in the emoticon thread in hangout. Interestingly enough though I can use those anywhere else BUT pricescope. It''s a mystery. I am not technologically adept so I just gave up. Would love it if Lorelai comes up with a straightforward (ie easy for a computer illiterate like myself) solution.

Hi Missy!

I will look out for your posts to see if you managed to get them up and running! It may be some time before I figure it out though!
Don''t hold your breath!
hehehehehe

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 9:41:45 AM
Author: susimoo
Thank you Lorelei!

I am technically challenged! Your help is much appreciated. I will give it a go. I just love the smiley''s. They make a post come to life!
You are welcome, Karl is around so he might have some more advice for us!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 9:06:18 AM
Author: Lorelei

Hi everyone.

I have done a search on this topic but can''t find a solution.

How can I insert smileys if I use a mac? All that appears is script. Here, look http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif

Hi Susimoo,

However, I cannot figure out how to use the great selection that are in the emoticon thread in hangout. Interestingly enough though I can use those anywhere else BUT pricescope. It''s a mystery. I am not technologically adept so I just gave up. Would love it if Lorelai comes up with a straightforward (ie easy for a computer illiterate like myself) solution.

Missy, here is how to use the emoties in hangout.

What you need to do if you are on Internet Explorer is this. Have the reply box open where you want to use the emotie ready in the usual way, then go to where it says Page upper right of your toolbar. Click on Page and it will list options, choose new window. This will open a brand new page, using this page open the emoticon thread, so you have two PS windows open, one with your reply box where you want to use the emotie ready and waiting, and the new window page open with the emoties ready.

Then all you need to do is select your emotie, position the mouse over it, then click, hold and drag the emotie to the reply box and release the mouse. Then hit submit and the emotie will show up in your new post.

There are more instructions for '' dragging and dropping'' the emoties in the first emotie thread post if the above isn''t clear!

nails.gif
cheerleader1.gif
smoke.gif

Thanks Lorelai! I am very illiterate when it comes to anything that has to do with technology so don''t feel badly that I had no clue what you just posted
9.gif

I am on an apple laptop (only computer that I have) and so I don''t think I have IE. When I had a PC (first computer about 3 years ago) it was no issue with the emoticons. But with the apple it is all gibberish. When I copy and paste it just doesn''t work. But it is so funny that I can use the PS emoticons (from hangout) and use them in my emails etc. Just not on PS
40.gif
But at least I can use the emoticons that are just below when I am posting. That''s something.

Good luck Susi!! I hope you have better success with this!!
36.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Missy, I think I have done it!
36.gif

Don''t ask me how but it seems to be working!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 10:57:38 AM
36.gif

35.gif
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,

Here are two more methods you can try below.

1) Right click the image you want
2) Select Copy image location
3) click the image box up the top
4) Right click again and select paste
5) Hit Okay
Second way
2) Select Properties
3) A box should come up with a URL for example: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/walklikeanegyptian.gif
4) Hold the left mouse button down and drag the mouse across the URL and highlight the selected text
5) Right click and scroll down to Copy or for a quicker way press the CTRL key and the letter C simultaneously both these steps select and copies the highlighted text
6) click the image box up the top
7) Right click again and select paste or you can press the CTRL key and the letter V both of these will paste your text :).
5) Hit Okay

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 10:58:48 AM

36.gif

35.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo.gif

YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I would do the cheerleading emoticon but that is too advanced for my rudimentary understanding.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alternatively, if you can see the mountain icon in the reply box next to the yellow smiley face, right click on the emotie or image you want to use to get the URL then paste it into the box that pops up with the mountain icon and hit submit.

If none of these work I will give Karl a shout and see what he suggests!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:00:55 AM
Missy,

Here are two more methods you can try below.

2) Select Copy image location

3) click the image box up the top

4) Right click again and select paste

5) Hit Okay

Second way

2) Select Properties

3) A box should come up with a URL for example: https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/walklikeanegyptian.gif

4) Hold the left mouse button down and drag the mouse across the URL and highlight the selected text

5) Right click and scroll down to Copy or for a quicker way press the CTRL key and the letter C simultaneously both these steps select and copies the highlighted text

6) click the image box up the top

7) Right click again and select paste or you can press the CTRL key and the letter V both of these will paste your text :).

5) Hit Okay

Thanks Lorelai. I did try the first method and nothing. The second one I tried to understand but it was too advanced for me. I will try again though and thanks for taking the time to help us!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:04:42 AM

Thanks Lorelai. I did try the first method and nothing. The second one I tried to understand but it was too advanced for me. I will try again though and thanks for taking the time to help us!!!
Blast.....
scratchhead.gif

See my last post above and see if that way works....

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 10:58:48 AM

36.gif

35.gif

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo.gif
16.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
darn...I am sorry Lorelai...I will see if I can figure this out later. I am really computer challenged
[: redface :]

eta: thought it was worth a try LOL

29.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:09:59 AM
darn...I am sorry Lorelai...I will see if I can figure this out later. I am really computer challenged [:redface :]

No problem Missy.....I think StoneCold might use a Mac, I will try to track him down to see if he can help, I am not sure if he is around right now but if not he probably will be later.

hmmm.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:11:16 AM

darn...I am sorry Lorelai...I will see if I can figure this out later. I am really computer challenged [:redface :]

No problem Missy.....I think StoneCold might use a Mac, I will try to track him down to see if he can help, I am not sure if he is around right now but if not he probably will be later.

hmmm.gif

Thanks Lorelai...
If I could give a big hug emoticon now I would :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could do this all day!

Susan x

LOL I know. At another forum that I belong to we have a 5 emoticon limit or else people would go nuts with them though I have to say it really helps to convey the feeling behind what you are saying which goes a long way in making yourself clearly understood!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 11:14:31 AM
I could do this all day!

Susan x

LOL I know. At another forum that I belong to we have a 5 emoticon limit or else people would go nuts with them though I have to say it really helps to convey the feeling behind what you are saying which goes a long way in making yourself clearly understood!

Missy and Lorelei,

Thank you! I am on a role now! I even managed to upload my one picture as my avatar!
9.gif

My husband will be amazed at my learning curve when trying to convey how much i love you all ( and diamonds!)
30.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:30:36 AM

I could do this all day!

Susan x

Missy and Lorelei,

Thank you! I am on a role now! I even managed to upload my one picture as my avatar!

9.gif

My husband will be amazed at my learning curve when trying to convey how much i love you all ( and diamonds!)
30.gif

That is fantastic Susan!!
I love your new avatar!!

36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:12:29 AM

Date: 3/28/2010 11:11:16 AM

hmmm.gif

Thanks Lorelai...
If I could give a big hug emoticon now I would :)
Awww......
biggyhug.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 11:30:36 AM

I could do this all day!

Susan x

Missy and Lorelei,

9.gif

30.gif
Wow look at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheerleader1.gif
yippee10.gif
dothewave.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Missy!
35.gif

Lorelei
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Mac but I only use the little emoticons at the bottom of the reply boxes. When I post I typically use Safari internet browser and they work just fine for me-I don''t have to do anything special. I just click on the emoticons and it appears in the reply box. Hope you can figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results