shape
carat
color
clarity

update osteonj &...

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well the surgery last july turns out not to have been completely successful. Or at least that there was a tiny spot that had the surgeon not been quite so conservative about, would have been removed, but instead has allowed the onj to spread a little forward in the jaw. In two weeks she will have another resection and debriding of the jaw and lose another two teeth. In preparation for this, she began today the first of thirty hyper baric oxygen treatments; ten before, and twenty after the surgery. Were it not for this she would be doing well cancer-wise on fulvesetrant. Cancer is stable in that it has neither spread nor increased in size, even there have been some small shrinkages. Nothing will make her cancer free at this stage (4 at diagnosis four years ago) so stable is good. After this she is going to have surgery to remove the original lump in the breast. They have left it because it is tiny, had metastasized and in comparison to the metastases the lump was a minor nuisance. Now the lump is just uncomfortable, often lodging in the ribs, so while not theraputic, they are going to remove it for quality of life. After that we will get the cataract taken care of. That should keep us busy till summer.

Here is a pic of the chamber she is in 2 hour a day at 2 atmospheres of pressure (equivalent of 33 feet below sea level).

hyper.jpg

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Oh, VL, I am so sorry for what you're going through. I am horribly familiar with metastatic breast cancer. There really are no words. I am so sorry that these complications are happening to you and your SO. I wish there was something I could say that could help, but there isn't. Just know that I am thinking of you, and of all relatives watching their loves ones suffer this disease, as I watched.

All my love,

Jane xxx

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you and your SO lots of hugs. Stable is good. I'm sorry the surgeon missed this last time. I hope they are able to take care of it this time so she can be comfortable.

I hate cancer. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very sorry your SO is going through this, VL. Cancer is just nasty - no two ways about it. I hope these procedures will result in improved quality of life for your sweetie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid, thank you for sharing this latest development and I am sending buckets and buckets of healing dust to your SO for complete recovery with minimal discomfort.

I am so very sorry you are both dealing with such serious health issues and I am keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. And as always, sending big cyber hugs your way.

If I can do anything at all for you PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. It would be my privilege and pleasure truly. (((HUGS))) to you both.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life is throwing one curve ball after another at you lately. :blackeye: I'm very sorry VL and my thoughts are with you and the family.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what Chrono said.
can't even begin to formulate my own words......

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, its one thing after another. Sending you the best thoughts - for both of you.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well surgery was yesterday. We arrived at NYU Langone Medical Center just before 6:00 am. She was in the OR at 7:30.
Surgery was done by 10:30. They took out two more teeth, so now there are no molars left on her right mandible. The doctor said there was a lot of infection down in the tooth sockets, and more on the lingual side than he expected. Of course the last imaging had been done in mid December. If we could have scheduled the surgery before the imaging (there was no doubt that there would be surgery, just looking for the extent) the findings in the OR might have better matched the expectations. Yes that is a complaint. They wouldnt let us schedule until the imaging was done results seen and then gave us an appointment to see the doctor to evaluate and then make appointment for surgery. All right before Christmas holidays. He only sees patients on mondays, which are often holidays too. When we were finally able to make the appointment for the surgery March 6 was the earliest available. He only does surgery on Fridays. So nearly 3 months from knowing we needed to do the surgery to the surgery itself. That cost her, materially, in extent of bone loss and a tooth. The Doctor is great. The logistics suck.
Ten minutes after we got home the ceiling started leaking. Broken drain pipe from the roof.
I have been making chicken broth and mashed foods all day. I made egg-drop soup with the chicken broth. And an awesome past or dip or spread or new condiment; Im not sure what to call it but it has great potential.
In the cuisinart I put a bag of frozen sweet peas, sans bag, a small bunch of parsley, hydroponic microgreens of radish and watercress, salt, olive oil, a little lemon. this would be great on sandwiches, as a dip, as a seasoning dollop on soups (cold or hot, maybe with creme fraiche too) and if lentils and walnuts were in the puree too, it might make a vegetarian paté.

greenvelvet.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry that you and your S/O are going through this. Sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs for you both.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vapid, I agree that the imaging should have been done closer to the surgery and I am sorry it was handled this way. I am relieved she is finished with the surgery and hopefully on the road to a complete recovery. That vegetarian pate you made for her is very colorful and looks yummy.

I hope the broken drain pipe is fixed or gets fixed quickly. It's like this isn't enough to handle right? Ugh one thing after and often on top of another.

Sending you and your dear SO lots of good wishes, healing PS ***DUST*** and biggest (((hugs))). I hope she starts feeling better and stronger each day and that this soon will be a distant albeit unpleasant memory. She is very lucky to have you by her side and I know you feel the same way about her. Thinking of you both.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm grieved to learn of what all you and your SO have been enduring, VL. The sweet pea spread looks so delightfully Spring-y (and sounds delicious) -- may this Spring be a time of renewed vitality and recovery from the harshness visited upon the two of you.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh VL, I am so sorry for all you and your SO have been going through! Many hugs and vibes that things will start on the road back up. I hope she recovers quickly from this last surgery. I can't even imagine all the pain she is in. Broken drain pipes just add the cherry on top, don't they. More (((((hugs))))) to you both! I wish there was something tangible I could do to help you through this.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So very sorry to hear of this ordeal for you & your SO. ** fingers crossed ** for a speedy recovery.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1425840856|3843884 said:
So very sorry to hear of this ordeal for you & your SO. ** fingers crossed ** for a speedy recovery.

Ditto, my thoughts are with you and your SO.
tyty333

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for all you and SO have been through, I hope she's feeling ok and resting comfortably, please take care of yourself too - you are both in my thoughts. The sweet pea puree looks good, my brother would love it, I'm going to pass it on to him.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
VL, I don't have the right words. I hope you all getting through this one day at a time.

Have you ever made clarified beef broth out of oxtail? You can make a delicious, traditional Korean broth by taking oxtail and first removing the blood (letting it sit over night in water in the refrigerator, and flash boiling it once), and then boiling it for 4-6 hours at a simmer. The broth is clear, and a light tan color, and is delicious. You can refrigerate the broth and skim all the fat off (if you want). It can be drunk as a source of protein, with a little bit of salt and black pepper. It is also used as the base for a lot of Korean soups.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your continued support and kind words. She is taking Avelox now and having double vision. We asked the Dr to change her to a different antibiotic. Waiting for that to be called in. Going now to pick her up from hyperbaric.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Even when you're not posting, I think of you and your SO. I hope her antibiotics are sorted out shortly and her path forward is as smooth as possible.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VL, I admire your unwavering support, it's hard isn't it? It's a lot, and you have to hold strong and be the rock, and keep her cheered up. It's not easy. You're doing a great job. You both have been amazing, 4 years is lot of wonderful time.

Sending you strength, and courage, and hugs. :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results