shape
carat
color
clarity

Update: I named my ragdoll kitten!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KayPea

Rough_Rock
Trade
A couple weeks ago I put up a poll to get help with naming my ragdoll kitten and I wanted to share this news with the 93 of you that voted! But please do not throw things at me because I ended up picking a name that wasn't even on the poll!! Charlotte won the poll and while I LOVE the name for some reason it just didn't seem right...

and then...

My sister suggested Zoey and I LOVED it! I am going to spell it Zooey, the spelling from the JD Salinger short stories/book Franny and Zooey (even though in the book Zooey is a boy).

Thank you all again for your votes and comments!

I pick up Zooey in 9 days! Pictures will be posted!
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
We have a Zoe too, just spelled differently. I''m partial to the name.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I was in the Charlotte camp but it''s not surprising to me that you chose another name. I think it will suit her perfectly. Sometimes our suggestions simply serve as an inspiration.

I know you must be very anxious to get her home. We are picking up our male Lavender Oriental Shorthair on Saturday. He is nameless so far.
My DS wants to see him in person before we decide. We may be putting up a poll too.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so exciting! I can''t wait to see pictures of your new baby KayPea! (yours too MissMina!)

how was your experience with the breeder? I ask because my fiance and I will be getting Ragdolls within the next few years
2.gif

KayPea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/28/2010 10:27:51 AM
Author: kas baby
so exciting! I can''t wait to see pictures of your new baby KayPea! (yours too MissMina!)

how was your experience with the breeder? I ask because my fiance and I will be getting Ragdolls within the next few years
2.gif
My breeder experience has been wonderful so far! Zooey is from Megailee Ragdolls in NC. She is actually the sister to LynnB''s Bentley. Gail, the owner of Megailee, was holding Zooey to sell as a breeder but it fell through and I am the VERY lucky girl that gets to bring her home. I didn''t know I would be getting this particular kitten until she was 13 weeks and then she still had to get spayed and I had to get time off work so I won''t actually be bringing her home until she is 18 weeks (one week from today!). Which in my case worked out because I wanted a kitten that was a little older.

Gail has been wonderful with communicating with me through everything. I originally had a deposit on a little boy kitten but when he turned out to be a seal instead of a blue (I just really had my heart set on a blue mitted) Gail was great about letting my know my options. She also always gave me time to think things over.

I picked Megailee based on the mass amounts of testimonials about Gail and her cattery that can be found on multiple websites as well as LynnB''s comments on her here on pricescope! Knowing Lynn already had one ragdoll and that she had picked this breeder made me feel a little more comfortable. I have never seen anything negative about Megailee. She also has a great socilization process for the kitten where she makes sure they have adult and child interaction. She is registered with multiple ragdoll associations and she herself is a member of many ragdoll forums. You can just tell how much she loves ragdolls!
Also Megailee is also located super close to the large amounts of family I have in NC so while going to pick up Zooey is a trip (I am in Birmingham, AL) it is a trip I would have made anyway. Best Easter trip ever since I get to bring home my little ragdoll!!

Well this ended up being a lot longer than I intended! I hope this helps!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh Katie! How exciting that Bentley''s sister finally has a name!!! I LOVE her new name -- it''s PERFECT! Even thought you are spelling it "Zooey", are you pronouncing it the traditional "Zoey" way? Inquiring minds need to know, and all that!
2.gif

Now, be sure to e-mail me with ALL the details of the pick-up, OK???!! I am dying to hear the whole scoop once sweet little Miss Zooey is home!

BTW, Bentley is doing great... he is a sheer delight. I''m sure you will be crazy in love with your new baby, too... that whole litter seems to have been sprinkled with pixie dust!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

march_26_3_resizedForPS.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh lynn... what a squishable fluffball
30.gif

KayPea - can't wait for pictures of Zooey - tons of them
9.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for the reply! I just want to make sure I get the same kind of ''good vibes'' you guys have gotten from the breeder you went through that I do with the one we go with
9.gif

p.s. Lynn he''s sooooo gorgeous!!

KayPea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/30/2010 9:33:23 PM
Author: Lynn B
Oh Katie! How exciting that Bentley''s sister finally has a name!!! I LOVE her new name -- it''s PERFECT! Even thought you are spelling it ''Zooey'', are you pronouncing it the traditional ''Zoey'' way? Inquiring minds need to know, and all that!
2.gif

Now, be sure to e-mail me with ALL the details of the pick-up, OK???!! I am dying to hear the whole scoop once sweet little Miss Zooey is home!

BTW, Bentley is doing great... he is a sheer delight. I''m sure you will be crazy in love with your new baby, too... that whole litter seems to have been sprinkled with pixie dust!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yep it is pronounced the "Zoey" way!

I got your email address from Gail and I will e-mail you with Zooey-coming-home-updates! It is going to be so much fun keeping up with brother and sister!!

Speaking of Zooey coming home. I am going to have a long trip back with her in the car. I know you had a long trip with Bentley as well. How did you handle the litter box situation?

That picture of Bentley is ADORABLE!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of Zooey coming home. I am going to have a long trip back with her in the car. I know you had a long trip with Bentley as well. How did you handle the litter box situation?

That picture of Bentley is ADORABLE!
30.gif

We took a small litter box with us, and at every stop (every few hours) we would offer him food and water, and put him in the litter box. We had a 10+ hour drive and he never ate a bite, or drank a drop, OR used the litter pan. Not once! Gail said he probably wouldn't.

Within a half hour of getting home, though, and settling him into his "safe room", he had eaten, drank, peed and pooed!!! Such a GOOD BOY!!!

ETA: EGADS! That picture is HUGE, and so grainy, sorry! It was taken with my cell phone on the way home! He *sat* in the litter box very dutifully
2.gif
whenever we put him in it, but he never DID anything in it!

In_the_car_litter_box_1.jpg

KayPea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh Lynn that picture makes me giggle! Thank you for your advice about the trip. I will have about an 8ish hour drive back to Atlanta. Then Zooey and I will most likely spend the night there with my parents before heading home to Birmingham the next morning, only about a 2 and a half hour drive.

I just can''t wait! Only one more shift at work and then up to Raleigh I go!!
36.gif

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
GREAT CHOICE! I love the definition of ZOE...the traditional spelling.

I had a ragdoll years ago...I had no poll or the luxury of time to name as you did. But the first pick up of the little darling, it was obvious to me, she was "BabyDoll". She was so tiny when a kitten and she so loved to be held like a doll, cradled on her back or hung over my shoulder..eventually she ended up being worn around my neck, like a mink collar for hours she would remain limp and asleep. Even when I ate (OH MY). BabyDoll was perfect for her!

Ragdolls are just so precious. Can''t wait for your photo shoot of your new best friend, Miss Zooey.
36.gif

My BabyDoll would approve, I just know it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE her new name KayPea - how exciting that you are so close to picking her up!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And Lynn - Bentley is BREATHTAKINGLY HANDSOME - what a spectacularly beautiful boy he is turning into
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ragdolls are beautiful cats, and I always love seeing PSers kitties. They're adorable KayPea and Lynn!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 9:33:23 PM
Author: Lynn B
Oh Katie! How exciting that Bentley''s sister finally has a name!!! I LOVE her new name -- it''s PERFECT! Even thought you are spelling it ''Zooey'', are you pronouncing it the traditional ''Zoey'' way? Inquiring minds need to know, and all that!
2.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

My Maine Coon''s name is Bentley!

KayPea, LOOOOOVE the name! It''s one of my favorites!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited to see a ragdoll community on PS! We got our first ragdoll 4 years ago (female blue). She is the sweetest thing ever. Very floppy and social. I have 2 kids and they had naming rights. Her name is Roxy. Last summer we got another ragdoll (female mitted blue lynx) she is our wild child. She has such spunk. She is also my 3 am love machine (finally starting to grow out of that wake up call). We are big Disney fans so the kids decided to name her Daisy (my daughter loves Donald!).
Zooey looks just too cute. Enjoy her

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Ragdolls sure are cuuuute. Whe I was growing up we had a Siamese named "Zoe". But we pronounced it so you didn''t hear the "e". Like the word "bow". Zooey is a great girl cat name.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results