shape
carat
color
clarity

Upcoming IDJ visit!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeep! We're going to IDJ on Sunday - anyone want to pop in and make it a party? :dance:

I have a pear pendant and inside out hoops ready for me, but DH is adding on a diamond bracelet. Yekutiel insisted that we come in because we need to make sure the bracelet fits, and he has lots of options for me to go through. The forerunner right now is the 5ctw tennis bracelet. He also got in some bangles for me to check out.

I haven't been to IDJ in person since 2011! Haha - I just found the thread where I went to IDJ last - it was December 18, 2011. DH and I haven't been to Manhattan in a few years now - maybe 3-4 years :shock: Yekutiel has a good memory - he remembers where I used to work when I worked in the city :lol: , whereas I try to block those memories out because those were suck-life times - crap job + law school at night.

Perfect timing - my iPhone 6S came in this week - so I hope to get better quality pics :D Let me know if you want me to take pics of anything in particular

Just a little nervous about the weather - SNOW and RAIN on Sunday ;( :errrr:

Q

Queenie60

Lucky you Pinto! You're having a blingly 2016 so far! Yekutiel is working on a pair of earrings for me and I would one day love to meet him. Maybe later in the year I'll make a trip to NYC from CA. Can't wait to see your new additions. Take good photos and enjoy your trip.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
Hi! That sounds like the best Sunday anyone could ask for. I wish I could visit in person. Can you ask for me if they have the airline full eternity and u prong with 12 pointers? I feel like the airline with 12 pointers is a rare creature, I've never seen any photos of it... I'm curious to know which is more comfortable and which sits closer to the finger. If no 12 pointers to try then maybe 10 or 15 pts?

Please take pictures of the pear necklace and bangles too! I was reading the pear thread in rocky talky and was laughing at the fat chubby pear talk.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PB, is this the pear pendant you were thinking about a few weeks ago?!? Ooooh I cant wait to see it!!!! :cheeky: Have a great time!! :appl:

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Have fun. I was just there and wish I had more time to look at everything.With the cold weather go get a wicked hot chocolate at Jaques Torres in Rockefeller Center. I'm still thinking about the chocolate.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky dog! I'll have to live vicariously through your visit. Take lots of pictures! He has some settings on ebay I've been
oogling. I have an OEC to set and cant decide whether to do a ring or pendant.

Also, if you can remember and have any spare time can you check these earrings out for me? I'm curious to the quality of the stones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381505407617?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cant wait to see your goodies. Post when you get them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh have fun Pinto! I would have loved to meet you today if we were not visiting with out of town relatives. The weather is going to be fine albeit cold today. Enjoy!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60 said:
Lucky you Pinto! You're having a blingly 2016 so far! Yekutiel is working on a pair of earrings for me and I would one day love to meet him. Maybe later in the year I'll make a trip to NYC from CA. Can't wait to see your new additions. Take good photos and enjoy your trip.
Queen60! :wavey:
OMG I saw your stones and they are STUNNING :love: :love:
I tried to take pics but the iPhone was a Debby diamond downer. The pics don't do the diamonds justice.

_2451.jpeg

_2452.jpeg

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Coming out of a long term hiatusfrom PS.
Your Sunday is certainly a funday, pinto bean!
Can't wait to see your pieces from IDJ! I'm actually a little afraid to see your bracelet because I may want the exact same one.
(Yekutiel certainly does have a good memory,doesn't he? )

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cchloe :wavey:

Chubby pear talk makes me :lol: too!
I saw the candidate 2.6 I. It is stunning. Truly stunning. It is white white white! I have 20/40 vision and I had them turn the diamond upside down with its booty culet in the air and I couldn't see the inclusions.

Shulamit pulled 11 pointer share pronged, 11 pointer airline, and 12 pointer u prong. If you want the an eternity that sits as low as possible, the winning setting is the shared prong setting. The airline setting is very high. The 11 pointer airline was about as tall as the 12 pointer u prong.

Aesthetically, I like the u-prong because I can see more diamond than setting.
First up the airline setting

_2453.jpeg

_2454.jpeg

_2455.jpeg

_2456.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last airline

_2457.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a noticeable height difference between shared prong and airline both 11 pointers
All three settings

_2458.jpeg

_2459.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333 said:
You lucky dog! I'll have to live vicariously through your visit. Take lots of pictures! He has some settings on ebay I've been
oogling. I have an OEC to set and cant decide whether to do a ring or pendant.

Also, if you can remember and have any spare time can you check these earrings out for me? I'm curious to the quality of the stones.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381505407617?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Cant wait to see your goodies. Post when you get them!
Hi Tyty :wavey:
This link takes you to another vendor, but I was able to get pics of a preset 0.30 ctw huggies.

_2460.jpeg

_2461.jpeg

_2462.jpeg

_2463.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The melee is small and didn't look bad for preset good quality melee. But if you want PS quality these would be the settings you could choose from below and IDJ would make to order.

_2464.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So let's start with the inside out hoops. :wall: the way my ears are attached to my head, there is no hoops that will hang on my lobes like a line of bling. They looked good, but not smashing. Yekutuel graciously credited me for the earrings (but it went to the bracelet :dance: ). Yekutiel was cracking me up. He said he wants me to look smashing, and the earrings didn't cut it.
I looked like sinbad the sailor

Btw autocorrect is killing me here. I had to edit this post from stating that Yekutiel was "crapping" me up and that I looked "so bad" a sailor

_1047.png

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh as for the pear. Sigh. You know that when you surround something in a yellow gold bezel it looks more yellow right? :errrr: . It looks white on me, but when it's off my neck I see the YG reflecting. The bezel omg is as Yekutiel said - delicate, subtle, hand bezeled with gold wire, not cast, with the chain just attached to the pear. It's stunning. It's like a slip dress on a pear. Is that a weird description? Anyways, Yekutiel took my pear back; he had a stroke of genius and his idea is to rhodium the back of the bezel so that I still have the yellow bezel and chain I wanted. We even discussed changing to a prong set white gold pendant which he was willing to do for a very reasonable price. IDJ wants you to leave happy so that you want to come back :appl:
The iPhone pics are not true but they give you an idea.

_2465.jpeg

_2466.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IDJ was busy. Believe it or not, they said it is normally even busier! If you have not been to the new location yet, it is across the street from their old location, towards the middle of the block more. An aside - special shout out to my DH, not that he will see this. My DH is a saint for giving me such a lovely weekend. Saturday AM we both only raised our voices ONCE clearing the house in preparation for the cleaning lady. He then accompanied me to get my haircut and pick up lots of yummy treats from various Chinese bakeries and sat with me while I ate lunch post hair cut. He was also patient when I couldn't remember if I was to go left or right to get to the eatery and picked wrong. That's ok, all that walking back and forth equated to 4+ miles :appl: . Today, he sacrificed more weekend time to accompany me to IDJ. He chilled out by himself in a chair lolol.

I got to meet some IDJ people. Shulamit helped me with bracelet shopping while Yekutiel stepped away to help others for a little bit. I learned today that Yekutiel and I are the same age, although I am 6 mos older :bigsmile: . No wonder he's always picked age appropriate bling for me - we are the same age! Shulamit is Yekutiel's baby sister and she is CUTE as a BUTTON. She didn't know it but she was my "fresh" perspective, you know, so I am "with it" :lol:
First up is the 5ctw with the 9 pointers in the 4 prong.

_2468.jpeg

_2469.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I expressed my desire for the tennis bracelet to not look too much like a line with no definition to the round stones. If I wanted a boxy line I would have gone princess cut. Shulamit the doll is like, oh had I known you were looking at bracelets I would have worn mine today! Mine is the newer three prong we carry now. The old three prong style they used to carry was more delicate, while the newer three prong is more sturdy and hefty. I like the heft of the four prong, so I was excited to check this new three prong setting out.

I liked the four prong. I liked the three prong too. In the store it's easy to become torn because everything is nice, but I knew once I got home, whatever I picked would make me happy. Shulamit with her fresh hip perspective favored the three prong. My DH who has a more modern classic taste favored that as well, so three prong setting line bracelet is the winner! :clap: :dance:
Four prong bracelet is the tighter knit, more square line (top), while the three prong bracelet is a little more spaced out in such a way that the roundness of the diamonds comes through. Comparison shots of four and three prong:

_2470.jpeg

_2471.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The four prong has about 9 pointers, while the three prong has 8-8.5 pointers.
As you can see, these bracelets are not bling enough to distract you from the eczema scars on the back of my hands :pray: :errrr: :nono: ;(
I tried on a bangle, even though I was all go with the line bracelet. I needed to not have any regrets. Let's just say that as soon as Shulamit put it on me, I asked her to take it off lolol ok. I only kept it on just long enough for the few pictures. It didn't rock my socks. And I think that already being "screwed" into a love bracelet on my right wrist leaves me wanting something more fluid on my left.

The bangle had 8 pointers, but they appear larger in the bangle because the setting is higher than a line bracelet.
Starting from the Fitbit - Pics of bangle + 4 prong, then bangle, 4 prong and 3 prong

_2472.jpeg

_2473.jpeg

_2474.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I was saying, I needed to go a little bigger than 8-9 pointers to "hide" or "distract" from my eczema scars. So 10+ pointers it is! Here is a comparison of 8 and 10 pointers. I see the difference for sure! 8 on the left, 10 on right

_2475.jpeg

_2476.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked to be frosted :lol: :lol: :lickout:
Top down emerald, radiant, oval, ascher

_2479.jpeg

_2480.jpeg

_2481.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A yummy oval!
My naughty iPhone turned it yellow! (Refusing to blame myself for probably fat fingering a camera setting). Yekutiel the hand model.

_2482.jpeg

_2485.jpeg

_2486.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pear TDF :love: :love: :love:

And that's all she wrote!

_2491.jpeg

_2492.jpeg

_2493.jpeg

_2494.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Pinto...what a great day you had...so full of bling!

Thank you so much for checking out the earrings. Cant believe I sent you the wrong link! Sorry! Guess I need to call and check on
the price with the PS quality. I probably wouldnt be happy with the regular quality even for earrings (which dont usually matter as
much).

Sorry to hear the in/out earrings wont work for your ears...that stinks...nothing wrong with diamond studs though! Good to figure
out what works for you and what doesnt. Love the pear necklace. It looks white, white in your pictures but I understand what you
are saying. Hopefully the white backing will help to do away with the yellowish tint.

So when are you getting everything...you are going to really be decked out! You are so lucky to get to go there in person and figure
out what you want. It can be hard to do things over the phone/computer. It looks like it was a very productive trip for you.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of all your bling Pinto!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458510523|4008540 said:
I expressed my desire for the tennis bracelet to not look too much like a line with no definition to the round stones. If I wanted a boxy line I would have gone princess cut. Shulamit the doll is like, oh had I known you were looking at bracelets I would have worn mine today! Mine is the newer three prong we carry now. The old three prong style they used to carry was more delicate, while the newer three prong is more sturdy and hefty. I like the heft of the four prong, so I was excited to check this new three prong setting out.

I liked the four prong. I liked the three prong too. In the store it's easy to become torn because everything is nice, but I knew once I got home, whatever I picked would make me happy. Shulamit with her fresh hip perspective favored the three prong. My DH who has a more modern classic taste favored that as well, so three prong setting line bracelet is the winner! :clap: :dance:
Four prong bracelet is the tighter knit, more square line (top), while the three prong bracelet is a little more spaced out in such a way that the roundness of the diamonds comes through. Comparison shots of four and three prong:
I messed this up the four prong is on the bottom.

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
This has too many diamonds for me to process. I'm going to need a few re-reads to digest.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like a great day to me! :love: :love: How wonderful to be able to go in person & select & choose from everything--good for you!! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, that pear setting is gorgeous! I looooove the marquis in there! :love: :love: :love: I will have to ask for settings with marquis in them, the next time I have something to set at IDJ.

I only use IDJ for all my jewelry, their diamond quality is just so sparkly. I recently had them halo a ruby for me and the halo is like a ring of fire around the stone! I'm going to do a thread on it soon. The settings that they custom cast and pick stones for are so much nicer, and better priced!, than off-the-shelf commercial settings.

A couple of years ago, DH bought me a 6+ carat bracelet, with 15 pointers, for our 30th anniversary and it has gotten more compliments than any other piece of jewelry I own.

Just last November, I bought a pair of studs from their ebay selections for DD. They were 1/2 carat total weight, I color, VS stones, and it was cheaper than Costco!! I was so thrilled and DD hasn't taken them off since!

Tyty33 If you have an ebay item question, Tami can look at it for you and give you an honest opinion. You can also buy direct (still 30 day guarantee), rather than go through ebay, and then you can ask to have the ebay item fee (usually 10%) removed from the price, sometimes they can do it. :Up_to_something:

You're so lucky Pinto! I could spend all day in there (and I have, in the past. I am famously indecisive. :lol: ). Such a HUUUUGE selection they have!

But I was surprised to hear they were open on a Sunday. Is that normal now? :confused:

The quality at IDJ is matched only by the quality of their service! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results