shape
carat
color
clarity

unlimited fungs.. what diamond would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
edit: yes I cant type this morning that should say funds!

mine would be a custom cut 10ct asscher cut to my specs mounted in a plat pendant for wifey2b surrounded by custom cut rubies on a diamond and ruby tennis necklace made up of .20ct h&a diamonds and custom cut rubies.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/13/2006 11:35:55 AM
Author:strmrdr
edit: yes I cant type this morning that should say funds!

mine would be a custom cut 10ct asscher cut to my specs mounted in a plat pendant for wifey2b surrounded by custom cut rubies on a diamond and ruby tennis necklace made up of .20ct h&a diamonds and custom cut rubies.
HI:

Strmdr: great choice! That 10 carat Asscher I tried on last month was huge!!!! Mother of all asschers!!!

My choice would not be a diamond as much as it would be a ruby and diamond ring from VC & A. 3 or 4 carat pear shaped ruby and D IF pear shaped diamond in a bypass ring.....or a 6 carat oval ruby set with a bright diamond melee.....

cheers--Sharon

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
If I had unlimited funds, I would locate (if it exists) a flawless blood- rad pear-shaped 10 carat diamond and put it in a very simple gold mounting on a thin gold chain.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I want:

1. a cape colored largish 2-3 carat heart or old mine cut diamond in a platinum antique looking pendant setting. and a cape colored old mine cut largish stone in a ring setting to match.

2. an 18 inch strand of AA - AAA mikimoto pearls with the "m", orient first, then luster. i am picky about my poils. i got the bracelet first so I could admire them all day.

3. a sapphire and diamond princess diana YG ring (very 80s) helzberg with the pendant to match. i have the ring on layaway, will be "paid fer" in february.

4. a whiteflash diamond solitaire bangle in 18k yellow gold. 2 carat or larger ACA round

5. a 14k or 18k yellow gold reliable watch with a circle or oval of sizeable diamonds.

6. a bailey banks and biddle ruby ring that I have had my eye on for some time at the local zales clearance outlet. Marlboro box red mined ruby. absolutely stunning.

7. pawn shops/estate: seeking a >1 carat marquise, a well done 80''s cluster ring in platinum and yellow gold, 1 ctw studs, pear drop earrings in yellow gold, green emerald anything,

8. something in rose quartz

9. something in watermelon tourmaline or regular tourmaline

10. 10k yellow gold hair sticks. they have to be strong to not bend under the tension

these are actually my list of wants, achieveable over the next few years. the list is never ending.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Large pear drops (4 carats each or so) to hang from my dimaond studs so I can make the Oprah earrings!

2. Rose gold Rolex mid size for day.

3. Possibly bigger diamond studs

4. Cartier diamond and white gold or platinum watch for evening

5. Diamond cuff that I saw that is covered in flowers, I would take one in white and one in yellow gold

6. a larger ring than mine but I do not know what size, I would have to try it on and see

7. a necklace I can wear for dressy occasions with rounds and pear shapes

8. a really long diamonds by the yard in plat with the dimaonds a nice size and closely spaced together

9. dressy bracelet of emerald cut stones to waer with dressy necklace, not matchy but looks good together!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah to dream...

A killer cut Asscher, 4-5 cts, D, VVS2 set in repo of Cartier 1922 setting.

*faints*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, are you okay now?!!! Someone get the smelling salts!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 12:54:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
Ellen, are you okay now?!!! Someone get the smelling salts!
LOL

Whew. Yes, I''m ok. Thanks.

Although, I''ve got keyboard prints on my forehead.
9.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm:

You did not mistype as bad as you thought.

With the ulimited money fungus (the one that grows money and you can''t get rid of it) you would have the unlimited funds that you desire.... Anything else is a one time deal.

I think a set of 1.5 or 2 carat dimonds of the different "superideal cut''s" out there would be cool to have. 8*, ACA, HOF, etc.

That would allow you to see the differences - and wear the appropriate one to whatever you are doing based on expected lighting...

Perry

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 12:46:22 PM
Author: Ellen
Ah to dream...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kicken :}

widget

Ideal_Rock
When I got past the ''fung''
2.gif
and read the whole title of this thread, I thought: Rats, my ultimate fantasies aren''t diamonds!"

But since a few others have ''strayed''...

I''d want either of these: ruby from cherrypicked, or this emerald (untreated!
23.gif
) from RauAntiques. They''re pictured out of proportion...the ruby is considerably smaller than the emerald.

Be still my heart:

ruemed02.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 1:06:08 PM
Author: perry
Storm:

You did not mistype as bad as you thought.

With the ulimited money fungus (the one that grows money and you can't get rid of it) you would have the unlimited funds that you desire.... Anything else is a one time deal.

I think a set of 1.5 or 2 carat dimonds of the different 'superideal cut's' out there would be cool to have. 8*, ACA, HOF, etc.

That would allow you to see the differences - and wear the appropriate one to whatever you are doing based on expected lighting...

Perry
lol
Iv had that dream... get one of each and mount them in a necklace in such a way that they can be worn all together or separated into pendants to wear alone and hook into a shank for wearing as a ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm... I''d just follow Diamondfan around. She seems to know what she''s doing. I''d just buy whatever she told me to buy. LOL.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy! I am definitely not a cheap date! (a girl can dream, can''t she? I am not doing tooooo badly, so you never know...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 1:06:54 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 8/13/2006 12:46:22 PM
Author: Ellen
Ah to dream...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kicken :}
2.gif

LOL at Gypsy.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 12:41:14 PM

. a really long diamonds by the yard in plat with the dimaonds a nice size and closely spaced together
Excellent idea, DF....I''ll take one! (I wouldn''t mind if the diamonds were spaced not too closely, but I''d want them to be at least 30 pointers...)
18.gif

widget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''ll take one of these with a 3.5 carat Princess (G, VVS2)...YUMO!!!
30.gif

PrincessRoyalCrown34.jpg

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I want the ORIGINAL Cartier 1922 asscher. I know it is not a perfect stone, but what I love is the medium sized culet. They are so hard to find.

That is if I had unlimited funds. Itd be the first thing I''d buy. LOL

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Definitely beyond the realm of probability, but with unlimited funds, I''d love the Steinmetz pink oval diamond weighing just under 60c.

Within the realm of possibilty is the 2.26 asscher from GOG with a perfect baguette halo setting.

Oh, and custom ordered to Storm''s specs that 10 c asscher in the Cartier replica setting.

DH just looked at what I was typing and said " Dream along with Isabel" hehehe

steinmetzpinkdiamond.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 1:44:56 PM
Author: widget

. a really long diamonds by the yard in plat with the dimaonds a nice size and closely spaced together

Excellent idea, DF....I''ll take one! (I wouldn''t mind if the diamonds were spaced not too closely, but I''d want them to be at least 30 pointers...)
18.gif

widget
when I get mine I will pick up one for you too!
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
UNLIMITED unlimited??? .....
22.gif
18.gif
22.gif

decodreamfungus.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 3:02:45 PM
Date: 8/13/2006 1:44:56 PM
Excellent idea, DF....I''ll take one!
when I get mine I will pick up one for you too!
31.gif
Not to be a bother, but would you mind grabbin'' one for me too? Make mine custom-bezel-set Carre cuts or Asschers, though!
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh where to start! this isn''t even a complete list...hahaa.

i want the original 1922 cartier asscher too!! i love that stone even if it''s not perfect. and that setting.

and then i''d want a real royal asscher. i just love the intense extra step look of them.

i''d love a sizeable pink diamond ring. a deep pink...more like a rose...like the ones they were showing from the argyle mine in that TV documentary i saw recently. those pinks were just so beautiful. i wouldn''t want a pale pink. gimme the hot colors!

a yellow radiant diamond ring with traps on each side. big of course!

2c RB studs in each ear. mmmmmm.

i''d probably get a 5c round...like that dreamy one i tried on at WF. because while my lifestyle now would obviously look silly with it....if i had unlimited fungs (or funds)...it''d probably be right at home with our NYC penthouse lifestyle. lol!

i''d start a little collection of all different shapes and types of stones. i often have thought it''d be so much fun to have one of each kind of stone to compare to each other. aka a regent, jubilee, sq h&a to compare them all to each other. then all the different types and brands of rounds. and then fancies, like a sq emerald, a real royal asscher, etc. sizes like 1c each so you could really get a feel for the pattern of the diamond and comparison to each similar cut style. yum. i wouldn''t set these, just would keep them loose and play with them and a loupe on occasion.

i''d get the tiffany right hand ring i tried on last week with the gals, i can''t remember the name but it''s 3 stacked rows of marquis and rounds...just divine for a daily wear right hand ring.

and i''d get greg a big gaudy right hand ring with an eightstar or something fun! maybe a 5c pinky ring in yellow gold. hahhaa. Oh and portia could finally get her collar of bling going on. hehee.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 3:34:09 PM
Author: decodelighted
UNLIMITED unlimited??? .....
22.gif
18.gif
22.gif

Deco, no problem!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
A pink diamond ring, like 3 carats or so, not sure what shape. That''s all I can think of right now, hehe.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOhhhhhh Unlimited Fungs ....
22.gif
30.gif
22.gif
30.gif
22.gif

1. Cartier Diamond Pave Split Shank with a (3-4 ct Flanders I would want to pick the stone) in Platinum!
30.gif

2. I would have Jonathan re-create "Didiamonds husbands grandmothers bypass ring"! Love that dreamy setting!
30.gif

3. 2-3 ct heart shaped ruby surrounded by a glistening diamond halo for a Platinum pendant!

4. Get my earrings that I have designed (Classy/modern/chic) actually made in Plat each with .60 RB''s each earring! Instead of White Gold and .30 - .40 each earring. (I am slowly saving for this dream/reality!)

5. 2-3 ct. Emerald cut diamond set E/W with pink pave diamonds in Plat. (Richard Landi? setting)

6. Get my diamond bangle idea actually made!

7. 3 ct Round Portugeuse cut blue praibra tourmaline set in a diamond band?

8. Yes, and I will graciously take one of those closely spaced .30 pointer diamonds by the yard type necklaces.

9. Three stone diamnd ring like Kristidarling''s or Lisa''s for Darling daughter, of course ... she''ll need earrings and a pendant too!
2.gif

10. Hubby might wear a diamond ring, or watch, I am sure that he will want the new custom house with two hobby/collectors rooms for himself though ... and of course have to get my son a convertable with diamond keychain and watch.

Oh my gosh ... the list could go on, and, on!
31.gif
9.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Though I think I could make $25K work, and $50 K should do it, all I''m seeing right now to push me over 2.5 carats, D - F and IF - VS1 is this one.....costing more than $100K.

And the one right below to consider if $40K. Good thing fungs are unlimited.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 5:08:38 PM
Author: Kaleigh
A pink diamond ring, like 3 carats or so, not sure what shape. That''s all I can think of right now, hehe.
Would something like this do, Kaleigh???
1.gif

widget

untim.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2006 6:27:25 PM

Date: 8/13/2006 5:08:38 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Would something like this do, Kaleigh???
1.gif

widget
Yowza, that''s right up my alley, hehe.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results