shape
carat
color
clarity

Turn Cremation Ashes into Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I guess this is not new but it sure was the first time I've ever heard of it. Was talking to someone about diamond, then how Asia country have problem with space issue for people who are death or alive and some people would turn the ashes into lab made diamond and make it into jewelery to wear in memory of their loved ones.
Here are some questions.
1. Would you?
2. I just wonder what will happen to the jewelery if the one who wears it dies too etc. Will those jewelery accidentally get into the 2nd hand market etc...

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Just went on one of the websites. It's really expensive to do so as well... :errrr: Cost almost $8,000 for a colorless diamond between0.50-0.59ct

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Minmin001,

There was a thread about this a while ago https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-of-cremains-anyone-do-this-need-info.87521/

It seems that companies growing diamonds from remains, may not actually be able to track/guarantee that any of your loved one's remains are in the diamond.

I've also heard of complanies taking existing diamonds, lazer drilling a tiny hole and putting a tiny amount of cremated ashes in as an artificial inclusion.

It seems like a waste of money to me. I'd be happy if someone composted my cremated remains. Once I'm gone, anything left is basically just dirt anyway.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
ah I never saw it. Sorry for the repost. I guess the idea is good but the cost is just so high...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not for me, and I'd also be concerned there wouldn't be any of Kizzy and Yaya in the diamond since they don't guarantee it and there's probably no way to prove it even if they DID guarantee.
The opportunity for rip off is obvious.

I know the some in the funeral industry itself have been known to exploit people for profit when they grieving makes them most vulnerable . . . "Doesn't your dear mother deserve this $20,000 casket, the model with the gold accents? While her soul is in heaven surely you love her enough for her earthly body to have the best"

And yes when the owner of a "loved one diamond" dies the diamond will likely just enter the supply chain and be sold to some unsuspecting young guy for his girl.
The store may not even know.
Where each diamond comes from is an easy question for each person in the supply chain to NOT ask when the answers can stop the sale or lower the price.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and funeral homes offer all sorts of jewelry containing cremated ashes. I personally find it very distasteful. I would want my remains or ashes to be buried or disposed of properly - not worn around someone's neck! When I'm gone, let me rest for Pete's sake!

Some may find this comforting somehow but I certainly hope it's not my children!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a former friend who told her kids (and me since she called me her "second son") she has arranged for some of her ashes to be installed in wind chimes so we can hear her forever.

You can imagine why this narcissist is a former friend.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr: Nothing about this appeals to me!!! :-o :-o :-o

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1341769761|3230581 said:
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr: Nothing about this appeals to me!!! :-o :-o :-o

Ha, see I would be very interested if the cost was less! My husband and I both want to be cremated, and when my little fur-buddy passes, I plan to have him cremated, yet I find having a box of ashes sitting around morbid. I'd love a diamond instead!!! Man, tough to insure though... Can't really replace it with "like kind"!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I would do it if the cost were more reasonable.

My grandmother was very into jewelry and I think she would sort of appreciate being in a diamond pendant. I think the family would be ok with it as well. In my opinion I would rather have some of her than none of her.

I have plans for myself and DH. There will be very clear instructions. For those of you that don't find it creepy...Whomever dies first is to be cremated and then wait for the other. Once both of us are cremated, I want us to be mixed and tossed into a storm so that the wind can take us everywhere together.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
radiantquest|1341791876|3230749 said:
I have plans for myself and DH. There will be very clear instructions. For those of you that don't find it creepy...Whomever dies first is to be cremated and then wait for the other. Once both of us are cremated, I want us to be mixed and tossed into a storm so that the wind can take us everywhere together.

Wow wow wow!!! Would you be upset if I kind of copied your eternal wishes lol!? I wouldn't steal it all, but I really love the idea of waiting and then being "released" together. My husband and I both want to be cremated and put out to sea, but I like the idea of "waiting" and going together!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can totally do the mixing of ashes idea - as long as they are disposed of once they are mixed! Actually, I think it's a pretty cool idea. We both want to be cremated as well - no need to take up space once we're gone!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I don't mind if anyone else uses my last wishes as their own. Im a little flattered :))

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I've told DH a few times that I'm going to have him made into a diamond. Who knows if I will, but it's fun to freak him out for the time being.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
My best friends friend did this with her fathers ashes and it WAS expensive. I don't mind it - I think if it means something to someone and thats what they want then that's their business. I do wish her setting that she put it into was nicer but that's a different story.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm content with feeding maggots.

I guess people vary.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No...:sick:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm.:think:

I find it suspicious that both of these posts promoting businesses for "diamonds-from-human-ashes" were from Trade members who posted only once on the day they registered?
Even more telling is the each post contains a link to a website that profits from this questionable controversial yet profitable business.

Hmmm. :think:

Spam much? :knockout:

I guess these business people didn't read the terms they agreed to follow when they registered here.
Or they read them, understood them, but are dishonest business people.
I think they are abusing Pricescope to promote their diamond businesses. :nono: because neither are on PS's Featured Sponsors list ...

If they want to reach the valuable targeted eyeballs here they should do the right thing, which is pay to become featured sponsors of PS.
Instead what they are doing is effectively stealing, so I recommend boycotting them.

2484.png

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Closing this thread from 2012 opened by a spammer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results