shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star hammered into oblivion

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star hammered into oblivion

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...lk-fame-star-hammered-into-oblivion/92764668/

It's too bad for Donald Trump that Secret Service protection doesn't extend to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

A vandal took a hammer and pickax to the center of the reality TV personality-turned-presidential contender's star near the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard before dawn on Wednesday, Deadline.com reports. In the process, both Trump's name and the camera icon in the center of the star were damaged beyond recognition.

The man, who identified himself to Deadline as Jamie Otis, says he had planned to remove the star intact and auction it off in order to raise money for the dozen women who've accused the Apprentice personality of sexual assault.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star hammered into oblivi

Excellent!
Beautiful!
Perfect!

What a fitting metaphor for our brain-dead-entertainment-obsessed country!

screen_shot_2016-10-26_at_10.png

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium

This is the 3rd time it's been vandalized since he announced he was running for president. It will be restored...again.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Cheering on vandalism :confused:
Oh, since it's Trump and associated with the entertainment community that must make it okay :rolleyes:
Vandalism is vandalism and not okay in my opinion.
And before I'm accused of defending Trump, I'm not. I don't care who's Hollywood star it is, it's still vandalism.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1477505928|4090784 said:
Oh, since it's Trump and associated with the entertainment community that must make it okay :rolleyes:
And before I'm accused of defending Trump, I'm not. I don't care who's Hollywood star it is, it's still vandalism.

I'm deeply law-abiding and respecting.

In this case I'd shake the hand of the person who did this.
It's a brilliant statement on so many levels.

Kudos to this criminal! :appl:
The founding of the USA was a criminal act (of revolution) too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is disgusting, since when is it ever acceptable to deface property and what does it accomplish anyways? It is also cowardly, if you despise Donald Trump that much then put a billboard in your yard saying so, go stand on a street corner with a sign, protest his speeches if you want. Put your face out there instead of taking a hammer to a sidewalk.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1477507531|4090800 said:

Wow.
So, you're law-abiding unless breaking that law makes a statement that fits your agenda. Perhaps all laws should be a part of this slippery slope?

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

Rockinruby|1477501263|4090753 said:
Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star hammered into oblivion

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...lk-fame-star-hammered-into-oblivion/92764668/

It's too bad for Donald Trump that Secret Service protection doesn't extend to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

A vandal took a hammer and pickax to the center of the reality TV personality-turned-presidential contender's star near the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard before dawn on Wednesday, Deadline.com reports. In the process, both Trump's name and the camera icon in the center of the star were damaged beyond recognition.

The man, who identified himself to Deadline as Jamie Otis, says he had planned to remove the star intact and auction it off in order to raise money for the dozen women who've accused the Apprentice personality of sexual assault.

I am not heartbroken it was destroyed. However, this is not the way to make a point. I cannot condone illegal activities. I wish the owner/creator of the Hollywood stars would have legally taken down his star.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't like Trump but this type of action is not excusable either. Yes he's an arsehole but there's lots of those around, and more than a few that ran for president at one time or another.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1477508230|4090806 said:

Wow.
So, you're law-abiding unless breaking that law makes a statement that fits your agenda. Perhaps all laws should be a part of this slippery slope?

Rosa Parks, an African American, was arrested for violating a city law requiring racial segregation of public buses.
On the city buses of Montgomery, Alabama, the front 10 seats were permanently reserved for white passengers.

Yeah, agendas are bad! :roll:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So you are comparing someone who destroys property relating to a person he does not like to Rosa Parks?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1477517876|4090896 said:
momhappy|1477508230|4090806 said:

Wow.

Rosa Parks, an African American, was arrested for violating a city law requiring racial segregation of public buses.
On the city buses of Montgomery, Alabama, the front 10 seats were permanently reserved for white passengers.

Yeah, agendas are bad! :roll:

So who decides which agendas are okay for law-breaking and which ones aren't? Should we each decide for ourselves? Fabulous idea. Who needs laws anyways :lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It seems like a pointless and silly act to me. Using words to smash his agenda into oblivion would be so much more effective.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd prefer he get obliterated in the upcoming election, but this doesn't make me that upset either.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel like this person's time could have been better spent communicating to others verbally through various forms of media how he felt. I'm with a lot of those here who've said defacing property is not the answer. That seems like an expense the city/taxpayers would be responsible for, and why should they have to foot the bill for someone else to express his opinion? You know?

To be kind of gleeful and giddy about it is ok, in my book, too. That doesn't mean you'd go out and do it yourself. It just means you appreciate the symbolism of such a thing, and hey, we are all human. Real talk: sometimes it feels good to be a little mean.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Person who did it is interviewed here.
IMO, the last sentence in this interview is key.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/27/donald-trump-stars-vandal-absolutely-worth-it/

James Lambert Otis, the man who admitted to taking a sledgehammer and pick-ax to Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, is speaking out about why he did it and what he hoped to accomplish.

Otis, 53, was recorded on video Wednesday at 5:45 a.m. by entertainment website Deadline.com as he battered the emblem on the sidewalk in the 6800 block of Hollywood Boulevard.

In an interview several hours later, Otis said he decided to take action because he was troubled by the accounts of the 11 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct and the Republican presidential nominee’s subsequent denials.

“The reason why I took the star was to auction it on Election Day, and raise as much money as I can for the women who have been exploited by Mr. Trump,” Otis said by telephone.

Kimberlin Brown, a former soap opera actress, who spoke on behalf of the Trump campaign Wednesday, described the vandalism as an attempt to intimidate voters, and to promote a false narrative about Trump, who earned a Hollywood star as a producer of televised beauty pageants and “The Apprentice.”

Brown also criticized the media for focusing so much attention on the incident.

“Something like this happening, it also means they are not talking about Hillary and WikiLeaks,” she said in a telephone interview.

As for Otis, who lives in West Hollywood, he said his attorney has spoken with the Los Angeles Police Department and he expects to turn himself in soon.
Read his full interview below.

Why did you do this?

I was just so fed up, so saddened and fed up by Mr. Trump and how he continues to denigrate women, and he continues to joke and make fun about sexual violence and his own exploits against women.
And personally, I have in my own family, several people who have been sexually assaulted, including my brother and it hurts a lot.
It doesn’t go away.
It’s an issue that’s very important to me…

The reason I took the star was to auction it on Election Day, and raise as much money as I can for the women who have been exploited by Mr. Trump, sexually assaulted by Mr. Trump.
There’s also another organization we’re giving money to called The George Washington Republications against sexual assault.

The police are apparently looking for you, have they contacted you?

They have.
They contacted me about two hours ago, and I set up a meeting with my attorney today, and will be giving myself up after that.
I have not given the time and place.

Will your attorney accompany you to a police station?

I think so, with a bail bondsman. I did say when I turn myself in, it would be to the Hollywood police station because that’s (the division) where the non-violent action occurred.

You own a business?

Yes. I buy homes and fix them up and sell them.
I also have the largest collection of Dr. Seuss original artwork in the country.
And I also teach non-violent social theory, non-violent direct action and Gandhi.

What would you say to Mr. Trump?

It’s just a big joke to him.
I have children; I have many women in my life who don’t think it’s a joke.
But he does.
He lies about it, he shuffles and I don’t see, there’s no reason to believe at all that it will ever stop now.
He’ll continue to do this, he’ll continue to make women suffer.
So that’s what I’d tell him.
“You need help. Please understand that.”

When did you come up with the idea to do this?

I think it was about six weeks ago that I started planning for it.
I know it sounds like a long time to plan, but it was everything from getting all the activities, to getting some press organized to get a location set up.
There were two nights that I went and spent the night there, right next to Mr. Trump (Trump’s star).
It was cold, it was hard and it was an awful experience.

The journalists with cameras there, did you invite them?

No. When I asked them, I spoke to some of the press earlier about the event.
But I asked them how they got there and they said “we were just coming by.”
They were not specific press that were invited.

Well, how did the big TV camera and Deadline Hollywood know to be there at 5:45 a.m.?

I did not invite them.
I invited someone else, who did not show up.

Are you a Democrat or Republican?

I’m a Democrat, I’m a Bernie Democrat.

Do you plan to vote for Hillary Clinton?

Hell yeah.
I love Hillary.

Did the LAPD say what charges you’re facing?

No they didn’t.
I just heard on the radio, “vandalism felony.”
And I’ve heard various years in prison and I hope they’re generous and I hope they are fair.

Was it worth it?

Absolutely, absolutely.
I really do think it’s worth it because it has brought attention to violence against women.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I once saw a guy peeing on one of those stars (not Trumps) I wonder how many people pee on it or take their dogs to pee on it as a sign of protest :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results