carat
color
clarity

Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestants"

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a guy! :appl:
From one of the recordings of Howard Stern interviewing Trump ...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/10/trump-bragged-about-ivankas-body-inspecting-naked-women.html

Partial snip:

Trump also brags that he liked to sneak backstage while the Miss Universe contestants were naked to “inspect” them:

Well, I’ll tell you the funniest is that before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it.

You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good. … You know, the dresses.
“Is everyone okay?”
You know, they’re standing there with no clothes.
“Is everybody okay?”

And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Re: Trump brags, "I 'inspected' nude Miss Universe contestan

Dirty. Old. Man. :knockout:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty lecherous.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Im not condoning anything Trump has said, but if you've ever listened to Howard Stern, you would know that it's not uncommon for guests to speak in ways that some people might find offensive. It's called "shock" radio for a reason.
Unfortunately, we live in a society that objectifies women, so wile Trump's words are disturbing, I understand that they are a symptom of a bigger issue.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

momhappy|1476213815|4085745 said:
Im not condoning anything Trump has said, but if you've ever listened to Howard Stern, you would know that it's not uncommon for guests to speak in ways that some people might find offensive. It's called "shock" radio for a reason.
Unfortunately, we live in a society that objectifies women, so while I think Trump's words are gross, I understand the big picture.

You constantly defend him. This post literally defends him. Yes he was wrong, but others are bad too so it doesn't matter. I "understand the bigger picture." What is the bigger picture?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sstephensid|1476214139|4085751 said:
What is the bigger picture?

That the world is full of people like this. Its too bad but that is the truth. And some of them are in public office, working at the bank, driving a taxi, blah blah blah.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I agree, Mom.

That is the tone of that show.

But I do have a question, though, regarding Trump.

Is he all talk or has any woman come out and said he touched her inappropriately?

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

redwood66|1476214336|4085754 said:

That the world is full of people like this. Its too bad but that is the truth. And some of them are in public office, working at the bank, driving a taxi, blah blah blah.

But we have PROOF of this behavior. We should just accept it. And by voting for him- condone it? Nope. This is a BS answer.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

You can read into it what you want, sstephensid, but I'm not defending him. I'm simply saying that our culture objectifies women and Trump's words are an obvious symptom of that problem. Trump is a pig. Sadly, I suspect that there are lots of pigs :blackeye: And, yes, I understand that none of those other pigs are running for president and that's the difference, but my point was just that this is not something (in varying degrees) that is unique e to Trump.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sstephensid|1476214538|4085756 said:

But we have PROOF of this behavior. We should just accept it. And by voting for him- condone it? Nope. This is a BS answer.

Who said anything about accepting it? Or voting for him? I am a realist and don't live in a fantasy world where I am shocked by this tape or things that men (or women) say.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

And does anyone think this type of talk is unique to men?

Like women have never gotten together and discussed men in these types of ways?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1476214414|4085755 said:
I agree, Mom.

Is he all talk or has any woman come out and said he touched her inappropriately?

Multiple women have come forward. Jill Harth, for one, that I can think of off the top of my head. Ivana said he raped her. Violently. There is also the lawsuit about him raping the 13-year-old girl but since it hasn't come to trial yet and she's anonymous, I don't give it too much merit at this time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-groper-in-chief.html?_r=0

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

No one is saying that we should accept it, but yet we do. All. The. Time. Women are constantly objectified and not many of us do much of anything at all about it (except talk about how it should change). There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that Trump is a pig for what he's said and done (and by choosing not to vote for him for these reasons if that's what one prefers), but personally, I think of it more in terms of the big picture. I agree with redwood and ruby about the fact that unfortunately, this sort of thing probably happens more frequently than we'd like to admit (with both men and women), but most people don't get caught, or they think, but don't speak, etc.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Distracts for your response.

So if there have been instances then imo it is no longer just locker room banter.

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

momhappy|1476215133|4085764 said:

No one is saying that we should accept it, but yet we do. All. The. Time. Women are constantly objectified and not many of us do much of anything at all about it (except talk about how it should change). There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that Trump is a pig for what he's said and done (and by choosing not to vote for him for these reasons if that's what one prefers), but personally, I think of it more in terms of the big picture.

I think saying, well he's not alone. So many others are like him, and then we move on - it is so passive and almost accepting. We shouldn't accept this as the norm nor act like it isn't a big deal. It is a problem. It is a big deal.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DH said he's never heard this type of "locker room" talk and frankly, I'd be horrified if I found out any of the men in my family spoke like this about women.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

distracts|1476215038|4085761 said:
ruby59|1476214414|4085755 said:
I agree, Mom.

Multiple women have come forward. Jill Harth, for one, that I can think of off the top of my head. Ivana said he raped her. Violently. There is also the lawsuit about him raping the 13-year-old girl but since it hasn't come to trial yet and she's anonymous, I don't give it too much merit at this time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-groper-in-chief.html?_r=0

Ivana actually issued a statement that clarified her original statements of rape. She said she felt "violated" by him in the sense that when they were intimate, it was void of the usual emotion. She claimed that she was not raped in the criminal sense.
I'm not sure that I believe her, but thought it was worthy of posting. I think someone else posted something in another thread about him potentially sexually assaulting a 13 year-old girl, but I have not heard any follow-up on that one.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

My husband and son both tell me that men do talk like this in locker rooms. And if you do not join in they look at you sideways.

And I have heard my share of that kind of talk in the women's locker room as well. Men's private parts are discussed in detail.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

sstephensid|1476215533|4085771 said:
momhappy|1476215133|4085764 said:

No one is saying that we should accept it, but yet we do. All. The. Time. Women are constantly objectified and not many of us do much of anything at all about it (except talk about how it should change). There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out that Trump is a pig for what he's said and done (and by choosing not to vote for him for these reasons if that's what one prefers), but personally, I think of it more in terms of the big picture.

I think saying, well he's not alone. So many others are like him, and then we move on - it is so passive and almost accepting. We shouldn't accept this as the norm nor act like it isn't a big deal. It is a problem. It is a big deal.

Again, it is a big deal and I never said we should accept it.
What I said was, in my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever say ugly, nasty, gross things about women. I'm not saying it's common "locker room" talk either. It's unusual (and disturbing) dialogue, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who he is, how he talks, etc.).

E B

Ideal_Rock

ruby59|1476215978|4085778 said:
My husband and son both tell me that men do talk like this in locker rooms. And if you do not join in they look at you sideways.

And I have heard my share of that kind of talk in the women's locker room as well. Men's private parts are discussed in detail.

There is a big difference between a girl describing to her friends a fling she had with a guy and a man saying "I _________ to unsuspecting women. I'm famous, I can do anything." That difference? Consent.

The argument that we need to look at the bigger picture just doesn't hold up with Trump. Even putting the sexual assault talk aside, as of now, his appeal is a) him being a "successful businessman" (which three pages of tax returns reveals is very likely not the case) and b) an "outsider" (who just so happens to have taken advantage of every loophole he promises to get rid of). He is a 7-year-old kid in a suit asking us to reject the teacher for his great ideas on how to further manage the classroom. And thankfully, it looks as though that's not good enough for most of the voting population.

(I'm speaking generally, momhappy- I know you aren't a Trump supporter. I just borrowed your words to illustrate a greater point.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476216169|4085779 said:
What I said was, in my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever say ugly, nasty, gross things about women. I'm not saying it's common "locker room" talk either. It's unusual (and disturbing) dialogue, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who he is, how he talks, etc.).

I'm not sure you understand how you are coming across.
You are dismissing something that you should not be dismissing.

How bout this?
Let's plug another bad thing into your post ...

Yeah, people get murdered everyday.
In my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever murder someone.
I'm not saying murder is common either.
It's unusual (and disturbing) behavior, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who murderers are, etc.).

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock

kenny|1476216674|4085788 said:

How bout this?

In my personal opinion, I don't think he's the only guy on the planet to ever murder someone.
It's unusual (and disturbing) behavior, but it's not something that rocked my world (knowing who murderers are, etc.).
I agree with Kenny. Replace any bad thing with what you are trying to say. It is so dismissive.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Again, people will read into my posts whatever they want to. I have already tried to explain myself. You can plug in any words (like murder) you want to. That doesn't mean that I'm dismissing it entirely. I am dismissing it in the sense that I already knew he was a pig, so him talking like one (yet again), wasn't some earth-shattering revelation for me.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

There is a big difference between a girl describing to her friends a fling she had with a guy and a man saying "I _________ to unsuspecting women. I'm famous, I can do anything." That difference? Consent.

And that is why I asked for clarification in the other thread if this was just locker room banter or did he actually act on it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476217535|4085808 said:
Again, people will read into my posts whatever they want to. I have already tried to explain myself. You can plug in any words (like murder) you want to, but that doesn't mean that I'm dismissing it entirely. I am dismissing it in the sense that I already knew he was a pig, so him talking like one (yet again), wasn't some earth-shattering revelation for me.

I give up.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1476215764|4085777 said:
Ivana actually issued a statement that clarified her original statements of rape. She said she felt "violated" by him in the sense that when they were intimate, it was void of the usual emotion. She claimed that she was not raped in the criminal sense.
I'm not sure that I believe her, but thought it was worthy of posting. I think someone else posted something in another thread about him potentially sexually assaulting a 13 year-old girl, but I have not heard any follow-up on that one.

She "clarified" her statement after the settlement in which she agreed for a large sum of money to never speak of the incident again. Had she continued to refer to the incident as rape post-settlement, she would have lost the money. The details were in an article posted awhile ago. I can't remember where.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How bout this?

And you are equating murder with stupid disgusting language? No one condoned or dismissed anything in this thread.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Matata|1476217836|4085817 said:
momhappy|1476215764|4085777 said:

She "clarified" her statement after the settlement in which she agreed for a large sum of money to never speak of the incident again. Had she continued to refer to the incident as rape post-settlement, she would have lost the money. The details were in an article posted awhile ago. I can't remember where.

Yes, I hadn't read any details, but that's sort of what I suspected and why I posted that I wasn't sure that I believed her. I have a feeling that there was more to the story.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1476217878|4085818 said:

How bout this?

And you are equating murder with stupid disgusting language? No one condoned or dismissed anything in this thread.

screen_shot_2016-10-11_at_0.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results