shape
carat
color
clarity

Trader Joe''s must gets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i love trader joe's! there always seems to be something new and yummy to try out.

i picked up something new today - pretzel slims! they are so good and crunchy and low cal - 23 of them = only 110 cals

Trader Joe's Pretzel Slims are the world's first spreadable pretzel cracker! They removed the middle of a traditional pretzel, leaving the best part - the flavor and crunch. this deli style cracker is ultra-thin and crunchy, and is a perfect compliment to chili, salsa, cheeses, spreads and dips. They also can be enjoyed on their own right out of the bag. With only 110 calories per serving, these versatile little slims make a nice little snack.

what are your trader joe recs?

Sponsored By:

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Ohh.. ill bite..Those pretzels are something awesome!!

Heres my favs:

In the froze section they have this pasta mix that is called ''penne arrabbiata''.. Its in this tomato sauce that has a spicy kick to it. For a fast nights dinner its tdf with some good crunchy bread.

Also in the freezer section- their new sweet potato fries.. Really yummy, even burnt (hehe
2.gif
)

And their everything bagel chips.. Whole bag gone within 10 minutes, so be forewarned they are addicting.

Heck, there joe joes kick butt too (like oreos but without all the transfats and they taste better too)

sheesh, ringster your making me want some pretzels!!!
3.gif
Can ya tell where we shop alot?
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
14.gif
I''ve never had a good experience with TJs. And I''ve been there at least 5 times.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think there''s a thread somewhere in Family, Home and Health based on TJ''s but I''ll bite:

I love "Trader Ming''s" Pad Thai noodles in a box...they''re $1.99, vegan, come in takeout style boxes and the flavors are pad thai, kung pao, or peanut satay. they are so yummy, you can microwave them in 2 min., and they''re vegan as I mentioned before. I love them all!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 1:24:18 AM
Author: stryeyes102
Ohh.. ill bite..Those pretzels are something awesome!!
i know! i can''t stop munching on them!

Heres my favs:

In the froze section they have this pasta mix that is called ''penne arrabbiata''.. Its in this tomato sauce that has a spicy kick to it. For a fast nights dinner its tdf with some good crunchy bread.

Also in the freezer section- their new sweet potato fries.. Really yummy, even burnt (hehe
2.gif
)

And their everything bagel chips.. Whole bag gone within 10 minutes, so be forewarned they are addicting.

Heck, there joe joes kick butt too (like oreos but without all the transfats and they taste better too)

sheesh, ringster your making me want some pretzels!!!
3.gif
Can ya tell where we shop alot?
9.gif

sorry stryeyes :) - anyways you are making me hungry for some penne arrabiatta with sweet potato fries and bagel chips and joe joes for dessert. joe joes are really good and i am not a big oreo fan!

btw - wondering about your avatar? does it have special meaning?

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 1:49:01 AM
Author: FrekeChild
14.gif
I''ve never had a good experience with TJs. And I''ve been there at least 5 times.

sorry to hear that freke
7.gif
hmmm, maybe this thread can help you find some things to try out?

some other things i like to get there -

dark chocolate covered caramel
stonyfield yogurt drinks - they have the best prices and i drink these alot for breakfast
also i noticed that milk and eggs seem to be cheaper there
lemonade
they have these trail mix cookies that are sweet and salty - yum

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 2:01:32 AM
Author: monarch64
Think there''s a thread somewhere in Family, Home and Health based on TJ''s but I''ll bite:

I love ''Trader Ming''s'' Pad Thai noodles in a box...they''re $1.99, vegan, come in takeout style boxes and the flavors are pad thai, kung pao, or peanut satay. they are so yummy, you can microwave them in 2 min., and they''re vegan as I mentioned before. I love them all!

ooo thanks for the info monarch! i found the link that was started by TravelingGal

Trader Joes Favs

now i can waste some more time on the internet ;-) and make myself hungry at the same time

freke - you may find something that catches your fancy on the other thread!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2008 2:30:29 AM
Author: ringster

Date: 4/15/2008 2:01:32 AM
Author: monarch64

I love ''Trader Ming''s'' Pad Thai noodles in a box...they''re $1.99, vegan, come in takeout style boxes and the flavors are pad thai, kung pao, or peanut satay. they are so yummy, you can microwave them in 2 min., and they''re vegan as I mentioned before. I love them all!

ooo thanks for the info monarch! i found the link that was started by TravelingGal

Trader Joes Favs

now i can waste some more time on the internet ;-) and make myself hungry at the same time

freke - you may find something that catches your fancy on the other thread!
LOL, You''re quite welcome! Nothing like turning another "foodie" on, ha! Enjoy!
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Must go to bed. Love their garlic and basil cubes. LOVE THEM. Make life a ton easier. Dried fruits: apples, bartlet pairs, mango... all unsulfered (I''m allergic to sulfer). Their OJ ROCKS. Their mediteranian yogurt... all their greek yogurts. Their chocolates. Their carne asada is good in a pinch. And their multi seed crackers. Oh... and their four cheese pizza from italy (add pepperoni and mushrooms and it''s great). And their eggplant parm... the one from italy that''s higher priced, baked eggplant not fried, only needs a little doctoring with some extra garlicy tomato sauce (to counter act the blandness of their sauce) rocks on top of spagetti and feeds two for 5 bucks plus pasta easy. LOVE that place I could go on for days on all the stuff I love there!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am glad someone posted the old thread that TravelGal started, so I can just copy and paste and add to that list.
9.gif
hehe
I love TJ's!
30.gif

My must haves are:

Fresh Flowers
Greeting cards
Their cereals (super inexpensive) my fav is Flaxseed raisin bran
I love the thin pretzels
a bar walked into a fig (2 WW points)
light string cheese ( 1 WW point)
pitas
To go dinners like lasagna and Chicken & Rice
The Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (soooo yummy)
Their mac and cheese (the best)
Their Gnocci both the cream one and the tomato one (found in the freezer section)
guava paste
bran muffins from Zen Bakery
Coffee and teas (super cheap)
Salads
Chicken Italian Sausage
Apple Tart (freezer section)
Fage (greek yogurt)
Frozen Cheeries
TJ's Island Teriyaki Sauce
Frozen Stirfry Veggies
Boca burgers
Pizzas
Naans
Whole Wheat pasta
Spices
Tomato sauces
Beer/Wine
TJ's Cheetos

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a better question is what DON''T we like there!?

I buy everything there. Seriously, we almost exclusively shop at TJ''s with a visit to our local regular store for certain items.

But our favorite favorite TJ''s item of all time is the pain au chocolat in the freezer section. You proof them overnight and voila. Delicious pastries without having to leave the house. And I am pretty picky about my pastry and these things are DAMN GOOD. Better than many fancy bakeries.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 8:42:57 AM
Author: Macie
Is Trader Joe''s located on just the west coast?

Nope, they are all over. But only in certain markets. Where are you?

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
I remembered another goodie from TJ..
They have these cherry chunk granola cookies. We discovered them from the flyer; they used to be granola bars but someone suggested they make them into cookies. They are sweet and tangy,perhaps sorta healthy for you (they are cookies after all
2.gif
). -they might be the trail mix ones that ringster already mentioned (just cant remember their name)

OOO-Gypsy Try their freeze dried pineapple! its unsulfered and so yummy. My bf is allergic as well and has begged for the pineapple in ever box i send him. They even have strawberries and mango slices too.

Ringster-Yeah, my avatar is sorta special. My bf is in the navy and deployed right now.. So using it lets me whine without really whining about it. its his second deployment and you think id be use to it by now..lol
2.gif
*thanks for asking*

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TJ''s roasted almonds - best tasting almonds out there.
Pre-made pouches of indian food - great for quick dinner.
TJ''s dark chocolate bars with almonds - I think they come in 2lb bars and taste great.
I also buy the brown rice pasta there, but that can be purchased almost everywhere now.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Korean bbq beef (Bool googi)
Steam in a bag veggies - our favorite is the harvest medley
Frozen steel cut oatmeal
Mixed trail mixes
Freeze dried fruits - especially the rambutans (which they are ALWAYS out of)
Low fat cheese sticks

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

My must-haves are the kitchen cleansers: dishwashing detergent and hand soap because they don''t have any chemicals and both work well.

The only other items I buy there are crackers, cereal, and maybe a bottle of sparkling water. Usually, I only go there once every few months and stock up on that stuff.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! I miss TJ''s!

I lived in LA for almost 5 years and loved shopping at TJ''s and now I''m in KC and the closest TJ''s in in St. Louis
7.gif
Every time anyone I know is going to or through St. Louis I send a list.

3 Buck Chuck
9.gif

Cheese Totellini
granola - All of it but the Organic Granny Apple is amazing!

If I lived near one I raid the freezer section weekly almost everything there is amazing!

Why oh why haven''t they come to KC yet?
7.gif

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 8:52:41 AM
Author: neatfreak

I buy everything there. Seriously, we almost exclusively shop at TJ''s with a visit to our local regular store for certain items.

But our favorite favorite TJ''s item of all time is the pain au chocolat in the freezer section. You proof them overnight and voila. Delicious pastries without having to leave the house. And I am pretty picky about my pastry and these things are DAMN GOOD. Better than many fancy bakeries.
OMG I love them. I actually hoard them; I have 6 boxes in the freezer right now. I am afraid they will run out. I apparently need help. Maybe this explains my recent weight gain
emsmile.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
We love TJs!

Especially love:

Just the Clusters-vanilla granola. It''s like crumbled up cookies.
18.gif

Their pizzas/burritos are awesome and easy.

Bul kogi--I love that they carry this now.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 2:21:26 PM
Author: BizouMom
Date: 4/15/2008 8:52:41 AM

Author: neatfreak

OMG I love them. I actually hoard them; I have 6 boxes in the freezer right now. I am afraid they will run out. I apparently need help. Maybe this explains my recent weight gain
emsmile.gif

No you are not crazy! We hoard them too. We first discovered them in December, I bought 2 boxes, then they were out for a few months. So when they finally got them back in I bought like 6 boxes.
18.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
Trader Joe''s frozen terriyake chicken and rice bowls are amazing!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 1:59:28 PM
Author: KCCutie
Oh! I miss TJ''s!

I lived in LA for almost 5 years and loved shopping at TJ''s and now I''m in KC and the closest TJ''s in in St. Louis
7.gif
Every time anyone I know is going to or through St. Louis I send a list.

3 Buck Chuck
9.gif

Cheese Totellini
granola - All of it but the Organic Granny Apple is amazing!

If I lived near one I raid the freezer section weekly almost everything there is amazing!

Why oh why haven''t they come to KC yet?
7.gif
Yeah!! We buy so much wine from TJ it''s ridiculous!
10.gif

I love that the goat cheese is a few dollars cheaper than grocery stores. Mmmm goat cheese...pretty much everything in the frozen aisle is delicious for quick dinner nights. Mmm someone mentioned the gnocchi. Good stuff!
18.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 1:49:01 AM
Author: FrekeChild
14.gif
With all due respect, FC, *THIS* I cannot possibly imagine?!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I am a foodie, and I drive two hours each way with a couple of big coolers in my car and $20 worth of ice to get to my closest TJs. It is such a fun place!

What kind of routinely bad experiences have you had?! And with which store?
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OOH my new fave place

I LOVE

Trader Giotto''s Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing
Tejava Iced tea (huge bottle for a tiny price)
Microwavable Spinach and Artichoke Dip (find it in the freezer section)
Pita chips in Parmesan Garlic and Cinnamon Sugar
Any of their dried fruit (esp. the apples and the strawberries)
Kashi Strawberry Fields cereal (not the only place that has it but SOOO GOOD)

YUM I''m HUNGRY!!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to add their frozen chicken mini tacos- they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
forgot to add Kalamata olive bread mmmmm.

Oh, and I love the Lemon Dill simmer sauce. Oh, and the frozen chimichangas. And on and on...

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Trader Joe's has good prices on cheese, and a pretty good selection, so I go there if I'm having a party. Also, their nuts are very fresh and quite cheap. Oh, and I like to stock up on frozen fruits and veggies there - better quality and cheaper.

Other things I love -
cranberry walnut tart
candy cane JoJos (Christmas only, but so worth the wait; they're like minty crack)
oatmeal cranberry cookies
frozen crab cakes
pita chips
Greek-style yogurt
Greek olive oil

And Blair, I like that balsamic dressing, too.

Plus, I love that every time I'm there, I see something new that I just have to try.

My only regret is that because of our county's strict liquor laws, our Trader Joe's can't sell wine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results