shape
carat
color
clarity

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Ugh...seems so wrong in so many ways.

Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven''t slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I''m engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I''ve never been to the Eiffel Tower. It''s Paris, it''s a beautiful city, it''s very romantic."

Cruise said no date for a wedding has been set: "We haven''t discussed that — one step at a time," he said. "Let''s see. We''re not sure."

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film "War of the Worlds" next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Holmes did not speak to reporters, but at one point, Cruise whispered to her: "Are you OK?" Afterward, the two hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

"I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had," said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.

Cruise and Holmes have faced repeated rumors of marriage. The relationship started after Cruise split from actress Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their long-standing engagement.

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, "Batman Begins." She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology — Cruise''s religion. The former star of television''s "Dawson''s Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
He is such a whacko and now this
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

BUT.......I do want to see that RING
11.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Author: Libster

BUT.......I do want to see that RING
11.gif

So do I! Anytime something is described as massive, I want to see it (even if it''s a "massive" mistake she''s making...it''s like a train wreck, you know!).

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Totally nauseating.
40.gif

DiamondLil

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um where's my barf bag??? Ok on The Today show the guy from People magazine said that Tom gave her a diamond in a tear drop shape, so it sounds like a pear!!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You know what this is about??? He got her to convert!
20.gif

I think this is sickening! She is young and impressionable.
11.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Poor child.. But I would love to see what this ''massive diamond'' is all about.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pics of Katie''s engagement ring...

63veqf.jpg

Cath

Shiny_Rock
And another... this is all I could find for now, but if I see better pics I''ll definitely post them!

63veqfa.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
20050617083609990004.gif

Here is a pic Jessesgirl post in SMTR... i cant believe this... its such a publicity stunt.

kaleigh - you were right... it is a pear

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure it''s a pear? It looks oval to me . . . . I''m still nauseated . . . .
40.gif

DiamondLil

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 10:10:12 AM
Author: diamondlil
Are you sure it''s a pear? It looks oval to me . . . . I''m still nauseated . . . .
40.gif

DiamondLil
It looks oval to me too.

Someone needs to stop the madness!! They''ve only been "dating" since April!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Is this for REAL? That ring is SO over the top.. I haven''t beleived the whole thing between them is real..but its getting awfully "serious" to be a stunt.. I used to be such a huge katie holmes fan..

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
do you think Katie will break off 10% of that ring and give it to scientology...

sorry :razz:

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe this! They''ve been dating two months! It has to be a publicity stunt.
38.gif

I feel bad for her ex

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
40.gif

DiamondLil
I thought it looked like an oval too at first but if you look carefully it looks like a fat pear that she''s wearing upside down (upside down to me anyways as I always wear my pear with the tip pointing to my fingertip)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 10:25:12 AM
Author: MelissaSue
Is this for REAL? That ring is SO over the top.. I haven''t beleived the whole thing between them is real..but its getting awfully ''serious'' to be a stunt.. I used to be such a huge katie holmes fan..
I used to be a Tom Cruise fan until he left Nicole. Since then, I just get disgusted when I see or hear about anything involving Tom. I know there are two sides to every story, but what the heck is with celebrities these days? They go through engagements and marriages (Tom already married 2X, Katie engaged 2X) so nonchalantly, it makes me sick!
32.gif

DiamondLil

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2005 11:21:29 AM
Author: pearcrazy

40.gif

DiamondLil
I thought it looked like an oval too at first but if you look carefully it looks like a fat pear that she''s wearing upside down (upside down to me anyways as I always wear my pear with the tip pointing to my fingertip)
Ah, I see it now. You''re right. I''m sure we''ll be seeing clearer shots of it in the coming days.

DiamondLil

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s hoax! If it''s not, than ICK!!

Why why why why WHY????????
38.gif

Maybe we''ve all been underestimating Katie, because any woman who would want to marry that egotisitical, self-absorbed, scientology-spewing whack job must have a few issues of her own!
emotion-41.gif
I have to vomit....

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a side angle from this morning.
She seems happy, and he seems like the vein in his forehead is going to burst. He was so much better in the Top Gun days.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
...that''s all I have to say

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more photos I found online of the ring. It definitely looks like an oval to me. I have a feeling the media doesn''t know their diamond shapes very well!

marr7_gallery__371x550.jpg

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen closer shots and it definitely looks oval to me. It GORGEOUS!
30.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh yeah, it is SO an oval.

speaking of the media not knowing their diamond shapes--did anyone see the ring article in US Weekly this week? I was going CRAZY--they were talking about Brit''s new ring (RB) but they showed an example picture of like, an antique cushion cut. then, they were talking about someone else''s ring--gwen stefani maybe? i forget--which they described as a cushion, but the example pic they showed was an asscher! don''t know why but that was so infuriating to me for some reason! i was like, um, get it straight--they arent even CLOSE!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
This is long...but my other half sent this to me so I had to pass it on since a guy did!
emsmilep.gif

Katie Holmes'' Missing Days Tuesday, June 21, 2005 By Roger Friedman

The newly engaged Katie Holmes still has some explaining to do to her friends and family.

There were 16 days in April during which no one seems to know where she was.

Holmes made a public appearance on April 4 at the premiere of "Steel Magnolias" on Broadway.

She came with her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnick, and a couple of other friends. They were there to support Rebecca Gayheart, who was making her Broadway debut.

I know this because I spoke to Holmes at length during the play''s intermission. She said she had just moved into her New York apartment and was looking forward to seeing the city.

I also know that on April 4, she had not yet made the acquaintance of Tom Cruise. She briefly dated Josh Hartnett after breaking up with actor Chris Klein.

Hartnett, Klein, Cruise: Which of these three is not like the others?

Klein and Hartnett are young and tall. Cruise is middle-aged and height-challenged.

On the other hand, he''s the biggest movie star in the world. They are not.

Holmes was busy during that first week in April. On April 7, she was photographed at the Fragrance Foundation''s FiFi event.

Four days later, Holmes was still in New York and was photographed at VH1''s "Save the Music" concert. She still had not met Cruise.

Sometime that week, her friends say, she flew to Los Angeles for a meeting with Cruise about a role in "Mission: Impossible 3." The meeting took place after April 11.

The next time anyone heard from Holmes was on April 27, when she appeared in public as Cruise''s girlfriend and love of his life.

Where was she during those 16 days?

Somewhere during that time, she decided to fire both her manager and agent, each of whom she had been with for years and who were devoted to her.

The manager, John Carrabino, also handles Renée Zellweger and is beloved by his clients.

Holmes also acquired a new best friend, Jessica Feshbach, the daughter of Joe Feshbach, a controversial Palo Alto, Calif., bond trader.

The Feshbach family, according to published documents, has donated millions to the Church of Scientology. Jessica''s aunt even runs a Scientology center in Florida.

According to Richard Behar''s now famous 1991 story in Time magazine about Scientology, the Feshbachs were the subject of congressional hearings in 1989.

Behar wrote: "The heads of several companies claimed that Feshbach operatives have spread false information to government agencies and posed in various guises — such as a Securities and Exchange Commission official — in an effort to discredit the companies and drive the stocks down.

"Michael Russell, who ran a chain of business journals, testified that a Feshbach employee called his bankers and interfered with his loans. Sometimes the Feshbachs send private detectives to dig up dirt on firms, which is then shared with business reporters, brokers and fund managers."

The risk-taking Feshbachs, known the world over for making their fortune "shorting" stocks, and the level-headed, conservative Holmeses would be a difficult mix at a dinner table.

Katie''s father, Martin Holmes, is the senior partner in a large and respected Toledo, Ohio, law firm. His son, Martin Jr., has recently joined the firm. He''s a Harvard graduate. Katie''s mom, Kathy, is frequently cited in Toledo for her charity work.

There is some fear among Holmes'' close circle that her instant romance with Cruise is not as organic as portrayed.

For one thing, Holmes was raised a strict Catholic. Also, gone from the picture are two close Holmes friends who used to be with her when she did publicity for a film.

One of these is Meghann Birie, a childhood friend who has suddenly disappeared from Holmes'' world. Another, a local TV producer here in New York, was too afraid to discuss the situation with me.

We know that Cruise auditioned several actresses for this role before settling on Holmes. This column reported a story about Jennifer Garner. There have been published stories about Kate Bosworth, Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba being approached.

A newer one involves Scarlett Johansson, who ran for her life when presented with a fait accompli dinner at the Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood.

And history has been rewritten since the April 27 unveiling.

Curiously, since the Cruise-Holmes situation popped up, we have heard over and over again that Cruise was the young actress'' idol when she was growing up.

That''s certainly interesting because all of the publicity that used to run on Holmes — still found all over the Internet — lists another Tom as her favorite actor.

That would be Tom Hanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results