shape
carat
color
clarity

Toddlers & Tiaras?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else watch this show?
6.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I saw the commercials and it made me want to puke. Reminded of the John Bennett days.
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s messed up! One mom has all of her 4 daughters in pageants. 2 of the girls are twins, and they compete against one another. She openly refers to one twin as the friendly, outgoing, PRETTIER twin. She referred to the second twin as "Oh... she''s just twin 2" She favors the "prettier" twin heavily.

There''s another little blonde girl on there who''s probably about 3, and her mom forced her to go through a photo shoot while she was crying because she had a freaking fever!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES. LOVE IT. It''s sick and so very fascinating. I always forget when it''s on, though, so I''ve only seen the actual show a handful of times.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 10:34:16 PM
Author: thing2of2
YES. LOVE IT. It''s sick and so very fascinating. I always forget when it''s on, though, so I''ve only seen the actual show a handful of times.

It really is! This one mom has her infant in a pageant. He literally can''t hold his head up yet, but she has him in a tux.

I''m... speechless!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think these moms are sick, and I am seriously saddened by the fact that the show even exists. This should be considered child abuse.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 10:40:00 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 7/22/2009 10:34:16 PM

Author: thing2of2

It really is! This one mom has her infant in a pageant. He literally can''t hold his head up yet, but she has him in a tux.

I''m... speechless!

Hahaha I just turned it on after I replied in this thread! WTF to the baby?! And to that horrible mom of the twins?! I LOVE the little girl Eden though...hahaha she KILLS me! With all the trophies and her little chubby arm up in the air every time they call her name!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you hear that?? "I was shocked that Ashlynn did well today"

She hates twin #2!

ETA: Ha! She is really cute and chubby.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 10:50:12 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I think these moms are sick, and I am seriously saddened by the fact that the show even exists. This should be considered child abuse.

Some kids seem into it... but making your kid work a pageant when they have a fever? That''s not OK, IMO.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 10:56:32 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Did you hear that?? ''I was shocked that Ashlynn did well today''

She hates twin #2!

ETA: Ha! She is really cute and chubby.

OMG I KNOW! She hates the poor girl! And twin #2 is the sweet one! The other one is a BRAT.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My morbid curiosity begs me to watch it, but I''ve not yet. I''ve seen a couple other shows in the past on this..Stagemoms or..hell I dunno what it was called. I get the whole, I like other people to think my kid is cute thing, but to make them up as adults and prance them around like show poodles and force them to do things..blech. My life, and I hope London''s life as well, revolves around a bit more than fake tans and those weird fake teeth things. She''s 5-she''s got her whole life ahead of her to be exposed to and deal with vain, shallow people who only like or value her for what she looks like. She doesn''t need me pushing her into things *adults* have a hard time understanding and dealing with.

That being said, when''s it on so I can be sure to watch and be irritated at the moms?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of it, and as a mom, no way I can even watch it. It would make me sick.

I haven''t watched Bruno yet, but did see the clip of when he is interviewing the parents who are auditioning their kids for roles. He gets more outlandish about asking what these kids will do and the parents don''t bat an eyelash and just agree to all sorts of things. I almost thought this was staged, but then I realized that there are sick parents like this who want their kids to be stars because it''s what the PARENTS want to see.

This show you are talking about must be possible because of parents like these.
14.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 11:29:22 PM
Author: packrat
My morbid curiosity begs me to watch it, but I''ve not yet. I''ve seen a couple other shows in the past on this..Stagemoms or..hell I dunno what it was called. I get the whole, I like other people to think my kid is cute thing, but to make them up as adults and prance them around like show poodles and force them to do things..blech. My life, and I hope London''s life as well, revolves around a bit more than fake tans and those weird fake teeth things. She''s 5-she''s got her whole life ahead of her to be exposed to and deal with vain, shallow people who only like or value her for what she looks like. She doesn''t need me pushing her into things *adults* have a hard time understanding and dealing with.

That being said, when''s it on so I can be sure to watch and be irritated at the moms?

Ha! It''s on Wednesday at 10.

I totally agree with you, and these mothers are SICKENING. Particularly the one tonight that put the two daughters up against one another, clearly favoring one twin.

Sometimes the little girls are so made up that they''re actually creepy looking.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh well crap I missed it already. Hmph. I''ll keep an eye out for it tho so I can come rant and rave too!

Kids are only little for so long..I can''t imagine wanting my little girl to grow up so fast.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I watched like 15 mins of it, then it was time for dinner.

The mom of the twins is horrible. I thought it was funny though that she said the prettier twin looks like her. Funny b/c she was basically saying she is pretty. She is definitely trying to live her dream through her daughter. And I feel so bad for the other twin, especially when she said that it''s hard to compete against her sister b/c her sister is so good. I just hope it doesn''t affect her self-esteem too much as she gets older.

And I can''t believe Eden''s mom spending 65K already for pageant. When she said that the cheapest dress is $2100, I was shocked. My wedding dress didn''t even cost that much.

The mom that puts the 2 weeks old in the pageant is just crazy. She was like "oh I want to see if it''s something he would be into." Yeah like the 2 weeks old can tell you that... maybe telepathically.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I only saw a little bit of it, and was completely sickened by it! I just couldn''t believe some of the stuff I saw!
6.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI gets sickened when I turn this show on. I just really can''t resist ridiculous people on TV. It''s wrong, but I love watching it.

I don''t know who saw the episode last night, but I really liked how the hubby put his foot down when the "prettier" twin was acting bratty, and he pulled her out of the show. At least SOMEONE is trying to be a good parent in that duo.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 11:47:35 PM
Author: packrat
Oh well crap I missed it already. Hmph. I''ll keep an eye out for it tho so I can come rant and rave too!

Kids are only little for so long..I can''t imagine wanting my little girl to grow up so fast.

agreed! i think i''ve only caught the show a couple of times and it was disturbing. the moms scare me and making a toddler look like a 25 year old just isn''t right.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen the commercials and they just creep my out. DH is completely weirded out as well. "Sexing up prepubescent girls is just disturbing and wrong."

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t watched the show and maybe I should before I share this, but...

When I was little, I danced. I LOVED it. I loved curling my hair, putting on make up, prancing around in my costumes, and performing for everyone. I started dancing at 3. My idol? Shirley Temple! Some of you are going to roll your eyes or maybe laugh, but when I was that young, whenever there was music on anywhere, a restaurant, the house, didn''t matter, I would jump up and sing and dance for anyone. I remember little old ladies giving me handfuls of pennies for my "performances." I would also put on my tap shoes and go out on the sidewalk and dance for the cars passing by. (super dorky housecat moment, huh?)

As I got a little older, I began Irish Dancing, that involved competition. I still loved it. I didn''t really care about winning medals as much as I loved the dancing and performing part. I think my instructors cared a little more about the medals we all won. And sure, we felt good when we got to bring them home, but the love was dancing, leaping into the air like a gazelle, performing.

Now that I''m older, I''m so much more introverted btw. I''m freaked to dance at my wedding. Don''t know what happened to me? But I''m not certain all of these girls are suffering. I''ll bet there are a few that are loving the process. I think that if I were in that environment at that age, I would have eaten it up.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t watched it but have seen the commercials. It''s amazing that this is being done to these babies

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only seen a commercial. This 5-6 year old girl looked 16!! That can''t be right.
38.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I watched part of it last night. I didn''t catch the name of the contestant but there was one 5 to 7 yr. old who was doing a strip club routine only with her clothes still on. I wasn''t just suggestive, it was down right horrifying.

I''m not easily shocked but that was way, way, wayyyy over the top for a little kid.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Makes me cringe and feel nauseous.
14.gif

I don''t really understand the whole beauty pageant world for adults, let alone CHILDREN.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 12:10:28 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I watched part of it last night. I didn''t catch the name of the contestant but there was one 5 to 7 yr. old who was doing a strip club routine only with her clothes still on. I wasn''t just suggestive, it was down right horrifying.

I''m not easily shocked but that was way, way, wayyyy over the top for a little kid.
OMG seriously? If that was able to unruffle your feathers, it MUST have been BAD.

I won''t even turn it on out of morbid curiosity. I can''t do it. It would make me too sick.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 12:57:12 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 7/23/2009 12:10:28 PM

Author: purrfectpear

OMG seriously? If that was able to unruffle your feathers, it MUST have been BAD.

I won''t even turn it on out of morbid curiosity. I can''t do it. It would make me too sick.

It really is bad. I''m not what I''d consider a "maternal" person. I don''t go ga-ga over babies, and most children annoy me.

But MY maternal instinct kicked in and I wanted to kidnap the "ugly" twin. I just wanted to cuddle the poor thing and tell her she was beautiful.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can''t watch stuff like this. I tried one time and it just made me sick. I''m all for letting kids do what they enjoy, but I''d bet that the majority of 3 year olds aren''t begging their parents to be in pagents. Some do, I''m sure, but the excessive sexualization of these little girls is terrifying. (And yes, any sexualization of kids is excessive, but this takes things up by several notches.)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 1:05:23 PM
Author: princesss
I can''t watch stuff like this. I tried one time and it just made me sick. I''m all for letting kids do what they enjoy, but I''d bet that the majority of 3 year olds aren''t begging their parents to be in pagents. Some do, I''m sure, but the excessive sexualization of these little girls is terrifying. (And yes, any sexualization of kids is excessive, but this takes things up by several notches.)
Agreed. It truly is messed up. I don''t mind the pageants as long as the kids aren''t just totally exploited. Why not make-up free pageants? And no midriff baring outfits! It''s so weird!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Like any of these twisted shows on TV (which wouldn''t be on unless people like myself watched them...) it''s another trainwreck that appalls me and interests me at the same time. These people are so freakin over the top, I can''t help but watch in amazement! I hate to feed into the frenzy, but Sometimes it is nice to take myself away from my reality and realize "at least it isn''t so bad..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results