shape
carat
color
clarity

Today marks a milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today is the last day of finals for my youngest, who will be a junior next year.

That means he will have a car of his own by then, and be driving himself to school.

THAT means, that after 18 years of hauling kids to and from school, my days are truly my OWN.

I never have to arrange plans around pick up times again. I can leave in the middle of the day at the drop of a hat and not come home til I please. I can take a nap if I want, at any time in the afternoon.

I can't tell you what this feels like, except, FREEDOM!!
9.gif

So, let's all raise a glass to carefree days. Cheers!!!!

CHEERS!.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Ellen on a job well done with your son and for more you - time! Congratulations!
emcocktl.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo Hoo Ellen! This will make it so much easier for us to meet in that bar on the corner for our 2:00 martini every day!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, thanks, you. A job done indeed, it''s hard to believe....

Dee, lmao!! Good point!
9.gif
emcocktl.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, maybe we should ask Matata to join us. Sounds like she might need it after last night''s flood...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 9:55:35 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Hey, maybe we should ask Matata to join us. Sounds like she might need it after last night''s flood...
It does. Hey, the more the merrier!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ellen, my middle daughter turns 18 today...... Congrats to you tooooo.... I have a questions totally off subject.... I LOVE YOUR ERING SETTING!! Can you tell me where you found it.... It looks so lovely!!! Do you wear a band with it or just alone??? I love it :) THanks, wooobug

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Ellen.
36.gif
When does he get the car?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo, a very happy bday to your daughter! And thanks!

I got my stone and setting from Goodoldgold. It''s the Vatche X-Prong. I didn''t get the band that goes with it at the time, as I just couldn''t see paying that price (same as for the ering), plus it was curved, so wearing it alone would have been different. Plus, I really liked the visual I got just wearing the ering alone. I "thought" I would rarely wear a wedding band with, only by itself when need be. However, I just purchased one right before my trip out of town, and have found I rather like the rings together. Funny. I''ll be doing a thread on it soon in SMTR if you want to see it. And thanks again.

Oshin, thanks! He gets the car when we find one WE think is appropriate.
11.gif
9.gif
(a used one, some time this summer)

Harriet and Miranda, thanks so much!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Oh Thank you so much Ellen.... I will watching for you thread... Does your wedding band have diamonds or plain??? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love your ring... The stone is awesome!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 10:56:52 AM
Author: woobug02
Oh Thank you so much Ellen.... I will watching for you thread... Does your wedding band have diamonds or plain??? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love your ring... The stone is awesome!
You''re welcome!

And no, it''s just a plain WG band. I wanted to give the stone center stage. Thanks!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Perfect!!! I agreeeeeeee.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
ellen, congrats on having your freedom back!
36.gif

i still have many long hard years in front of me since my little girl is only 3.5 yrs old.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, how did I miss this?!?!?! That is wonderful news! Yah for your son and yah for you!!!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YA
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Ellen!!!!!!

I feel and understand your excitement.....

What a beautiful thing
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milly, thanks! And honestly? I miss those little people, so savor your time with that dear daughter!
2.gif

Thanks Skippers, I''m so happy for me too! Woohoooo
9.gif

Eva, thank you! It IS a beautiful thing.
5.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, Ellen''s son is driving, so get off the sidewalks!!
9.gif
LOL. Little teen humor there.

Second, CHEERS to you!!! Free time all your own...it''s too delicious to think about!!!
emotion-19.gif
emcocktl.gif
emclock.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
You sound like a terrific mom Ellen! I''m glad you will finally have some time for YOU! Enjoy it
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
k, FG, IA and Love, thanks!!

FG, your post reminded me of something I did when my oldest turned 16. I had a picture of he and my middle one when they were about 4 and 2, in a Fischer Price car with the oldest driving. It was a darling picture, with both of them cracking up. I put in it the local paper with a caption that read:

Look out, this time it''s for real!

Happy 16th Birthday!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good for you guys! Altho, I must admit the thought of my son driving mortifies me.........this summer he''ll be the age where he could earn his learner''s permit......
6.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 10:07:38 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Good for you guys! Altho, I must admit the thought of my son driving mortifies me.........this summer he''ll be the age where he could earn his learner''s permit......
6.gif

cheers--Sharon
9.gif

Thanks Sharon.

You know, it''s funny. I rode with my older two boys almost the whole time they learned to drive. And I think I was really good about keeping my cool/not freaking out.

But for some reason, with the huge span of years between teaching the other 2 (only 2 years apart) and this one, I''m scared to get in the car with him.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2007 9:43:57 AM
Author: Ellen
k, FG, IA and Love, thanks!!

FG, your post reminded me of something I did when my oldest turned 16. I had a picture of he and my middle one when they were about 4 and 2, in a Fischer Price car with the oldest driving. It was a darling picture, with both of them cracking up. I put in it the local paper with a caption that read:

Look out, this time it''s for real!

Happy 16th Birthday!
9.gif
That''s a great idea, Ellen. Now what on earth are you going to do with all the newly found free time? Spend more time on PS? Nah, already do. How about spending more time ogling jewellery at Tiff''s and such places?
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 10:50:15 AM
Author: Chrono

That's a great idea, Ellen. Now what on earth are you going to do with all the newly found free time? Spend more time on PS? Nah, already do. How about spending more time ogling jewellery at Tiff's and such places?
11.gif
That would have to be online too.
15.gif

I think another part time job is in order. I really do want to work, and now I don't have the kids to try and work around.
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s this I see? Making $ so that you can get more sparklies? Great idea.
11.gif
I''m just too terrible, aren''t I?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
PARTY TIME!

partytime.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results