shape
carat
color
clarity

Tights where the crotch doesn’t end up at your knees?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t buy super cheap tights, and I buy the right size (actually often a size up from what the chart says) but I always end up with droopy crotch. So frickin’ annoying! Does anyone have a good brand that actually STAYS PUT?

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Can I just chime in that I know exactly what you are talking about and HATE it. Hate hate hate. :angryfire:
I am of no help, though - through countless trial and error I found one kind of tights in my home country that had decent sizing and bought at least 30 pairs, so I'm still living off of that stockpile. And shudder at the thought of having to go through all of that again...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
dbl post.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find that the control top tights stay up better than regular. I wear Hue, Assets, Ann Taylor and Anne Klein. All are great, no issues with drooping.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I've never had tights that wouldn't end up at my knees. So I'm all ears. So annoying! :angryfire:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even bring myself to wear tights/pantyhose/etc. because of that fact. Gahhhh! I hate that! Feel like I'm back in diapers or something. Yuck.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have Hue on right now and they are currently slung about two inches below where my thighs meet. (Now THERE'S an image for you! :cheeky: ). I've pulled them up a thousand times, but there they rest.

Anyway, maybe I should try the control tops ones and see if they stay up any better. Next time I'm near an Express or Ann Taylor I'll check them out.

It's hard enough trying to look professional and stay warm in the polar vortex! Three blessed degrees out there right now and droopy crotch to boot!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn tights or pantyhose for at least ten years.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I've had good luck with the Vera Wang tights at Kohls. But also, in that kinda of weather, it's real leggings or sweater tights for me and sweater tights especially have this issue because there is often no gusset to speak of. I usually buy slightly too big and hike all the extra up into the hip joints so there is less pulling on the crotch itself as things settle. Always, I err on the side of warm and droopy; I'd rather hike-'em-up than be cold.

Of course, when I was a child and this happened I would simply add another pair of undies on the outside. It worked, but I'd imagine that it only exacerbates the diaper feel as an adult! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate stockings and tights for that reason and also because they never last long without getting a run. I haven't worn them in a very long time. However I have good luck and comfort wearing leggings as tights and like the American apparel leggings. They look and feel good and stay in place and are durable. Highly recommend. My favorite are the cotton jersey leggings for wear as everyday tights and I like the winter leggings when I plan on being outside much of the day in the cold weather.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure it's the tights' problem? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

LOL, teasing you . . . :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somebody recently recommended assets by spanx at Target. But the HIGH WAISTED ones. These don't cause muffin top and fit me very well.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Dance tights won't droop. Baryshnikov was my favorite brand in college.

ETA: The Baryshnikov brand are no longer made, but you can find some on ebay. They were the best! Way better than Danskin or Capezio.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know the answer, but goddamn, I always love your posts! I picture you talking and just crack up :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spanx tights – so the high waisted ones don’t roll down and form a hula-hoop around where your waist is (or should be, in my case…)? And on the size chart, if you were between sizes, would you go up or down? My inclination is to go up, but someone in my office suggested maybe my tights are falling down because they’re too big. I never thought of that so I'm just throwing the idea out there.

iLander, I’m certain that the problem with the tights—and all the clothes I wear—is the body they’re on! Put the same things on someone who’s not 5 foot nuttin’ with a figure like Sponge Bob and things would be totally different!

Madelise, forget picturing me TALKING, just try picturing me WALKING in these. Then you’d really crack up! Waddle waddle waddle...

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a huge fan of Wolford...but they can be a little pricey.
(Also love their 'foundation garments' !)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suspenders and stockings, problem solved! :bigsmile:

Or suspender-tights that are crotch-less.

DK ;))

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Uniqlo Heatech tights stay where they are, because they are tight!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I was going to Google suspender-tights or crotch-less tights and paste a link etc., and thought against it as I am at work, and know for certain that I may get search results that are likely to land me in trouble!

DK :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The high waist tights need to be tried on to see whether they work for your body type. On me, they just slide down to the waist and bunch up there. As far as between sizes, I go down because I like my tights tighter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results