color
clarity

This thing is scary.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
centralsquare|1312587446|2985107 said:
Autumnovember|1312585264|2985081 said:
lbbaber|1312582841|2985057 said:
I saw a show once that featured women that can't have children (for whatever reason) and they obsessively collect and "play with" these kind of dolls. It featured some sick women walking around with strollers and people would stop and say "what a beautiful baby" and the women would smile and say "thank you". It was sad and disturbing.

They are definitely beautiful but in a scary, oh so realistic kind of way.

I can totally see people buying them for that reason and it IS really sad but I'm not sure what else they could be bought for besides maybe halloween or as a prop or something.

Interesting point. I realize what it scary to me is not only how lifelike they are, but why people would want lifelike dolls like that. The shock at the doll itself stems a bit from what they are used for.

These dolls (Reborn) have a cult-like following. The show I saw was about the dolls. Sadly though there were alot of women that used them as "babies"....talked to them, walked them, changed them and tried to pass them off as real children. That part was WAY more disturbing than the dolls themselves.

Now if I had a daughter how cool it would be to buy one for her to play with. When I was a little girl I would have LOVED to have one!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1312588848|2985128 said:
I saw a show once that featured women that can't have children (for whatever reason) and they obsessively collect and "play with" these kind of dolls. It featured some sick women walking around with strollers and people would stop and say "what a beautiful baby" and the women would smile and say "thank you". It was sad and disturbing.

I can totally see people buying them for that reason and it IS really sad but I'm not sure what else they could be bought for besides maybe halloween or as a prop or something.

Interesting point. I realize what it scary to me is not only how lifelike they are, but why people would want lifelike dolls like that. The shock at the doll itself stems a bit from what they are used for.

These dolls (Reborn) have a cult-like following. The show I saw was about the dolls. Sadly though there were alot of women that used them as "babies"....talked to them, walked them, changed them and tried to pass them off as real children. That part was WAY more disturbing than the dolls themselves.

Now if I had a daughter how cool it would be to buy one for her to play with. When I was a little girl I would have LOVED to have one!

I don't know...I don't think I could have one in my house! :-o

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhm, HELLO! . . . Elephant in the living room alert!

I'll bet a lot of those realistic 6-yr old girl dolls with the low-cut dress falling off her shoulder are bought by pedos. Sick! :knockout:

pppppwwwwwww.png

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What the heck! Who would want that creepy thing! Maybe it would be good in a haunted house for Halloween.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1312584704|2985070 said:
Autumnovember|1312580547|2985036 said:
somethingshiny|1312579135|2985028 said:
Wow. I found one that is nearly 2k and the size of a 6 yr old! What kind of crazy wants these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250863297106&clk_rvr_id=253167441404

Ok seriously? WTF. I wanna know who would buy these and more importantly, WHY?

Oh that was scary to look at. Gave me chills. Why are these all called "Reborn"? Is that the Brand? The name Reborn freaks me out too. :???:

They call them Reborns because they represent, to the women that buy them, the children they either lost or couldn't have. The joy of having a newborn baby...but it isn't alive. That's why they are so super realistic. It's sad, really, that women get so into these because they have a void in their hearts they are trying to fill.

I can't imagine someone wanting fill that void with a freaking Voldemorte doll though. Ugh!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
DH told me I'm no longer allowed on the internet after I showed him the clown-baby. He screamed like a little girl :bigsmile:

His birthday is coming up. Should he get a baby Voldemort? :naughty: (Really though, he'd never speak to me again if I did.)

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
LGK|1312605633|2985274 said:
DH told me I'm no longer allowed on the internet after I showed him the clown-baby. He screamed like a little girl :bigsmile:

His birthday is coming up. Should he get a baby Voldemort? :naughty: (Really though, he'd never speak to me again if I did.)

:lol: My mother swore and crossed herself with a prayer after she saw Voldemort. I asked her if she wanted one for her birthday next month, she said I would be homeless by Christmas if I did

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1312588848|2985128 said:

Wow, really? I would have loved to watch the show.

I would buy it as a toy for a kid but thats it...and I'd store it in the closet.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1312596493|2985215 said:
centralsquare|1312584704|2985070 said:
Autumnovember|1312580547|2985036 said:
somethingshiny|1312579135|2985028 said:
Wow. I found one that is nearly 2k and the size of a 6 yr old! What kind of crazy wants these???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250863297106&clk_rvr_id=253167441404

Ok seriously? WTF. I wanna know who would buy these and more importantly, WHY?

Oh that was scary to look at. Gave me chills. Why are these all called "Reborn"? Is that the Brand? The name Reborn freaks me out too. :???:

They call them Reborns because they represent, to the women that buy them, the children they either lost or couldn't have. The joy of having a newborn baby...but it isn't alive. That's why they are so super realistic. It's sad, really, that women get so into these because they have a void in their hearts they are trying to fill.

I can't imagine someone wanting fill that void with a freaking Voldemorte doll though. Ugh!

MP, thats really interesting....very very sad, ugh :(

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey All,

I never knew what reborn meant. I thought they took old parts of dolls and fixed them up to be o.k. again. But, I can see I was wrong.
There are many doll collectors out there. The 43 " doll is very beautiful. If it were a marble statue or a painting you would all say how nice it is. You have to have talent to sculp and mold a doll like the large one. People just collect. I will revert to Kennys maxum.--
People vary-- there is no right or wrong.

Kenny, I had out of town company yesterday that I hadn't seen in 15 yrs. Of course we talked about other members of our family but when the chat got too judgemental, I pulled out the kenny maxum, and we laughed. So there are 2 new converts going back to California who know the montra--People vary.........

Thanks,
Annette

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Good point - we shouldn't judge. But, they still freak me out!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MP! I will be having some Ef'd up dreams tonight!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have seen the shows about the sad women using these as real babies. Why in the world would anyone REPLACE a lost child with a doll? That says something serious about their mental and/or emotional status. These women need professional help, not a creepy baby doll.

Yes, they are definitely artistic and obviously created by skilled persons, but oh so creepy.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No comments on Voldemort, just another Halloween-ly freakish thing, but I never heard about reborn dolls and I feel sorry for the women who buy them. For the ones who lost their kids - I can not even comment on it, I can not even imagine what a horrible trauma it is, they may do whatever they want to fill in this void, people just can never be the way they used to before it happened. For the ones who never had a child and wanted one, it is sad that they can not think of adopting a child or even a pet and raising a live person/creature instead of a doll. Just sad.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
CREEPY.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would never get one of these dolls for my 4 year old...both because they creep me out and because I'm sure that CPS would be on my doorstep pronto once someone saw DD dragging the "baby" around by the arm and me just following happily behind her..... :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good god that was awful. Why did you post it into this thread. I'm scarred. God, what a thing to click on before bedtime. Argh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results