shape
carat
color
clarity

This Is What ONE Serving Of Pasta Looks Like

iLander

Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1444872043|3938372 said:
How were the shiritaki noodles? I just bought a package at our local Sprouts market. I also found the black bean pasta!!! woot!

The shiritaki noodles were just gross. :cry:

For those that don't know, they are noodles in a packet of liquid. They're kind of floating around in there. Then you open the packet and the water smells like fish. :???: After you cook the noodles they don't taste like fish, but they have kind of a slimy texture. Gross. Pass.

The black bean pasta is decent, but it's a bit dry. I ended up stirring in a tablespoon of olive oil, and that made them work. I also cut them up, since the texture is not quite spaghetti like. I like them but DH, not so much. Do you like them, HC?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
missy|1444902150|3938459 said:
We bought this a couple of months ago from Costco and we both really like it.
Organic Edamame Spaghetti. Very tasty and nutritious too. High in fiber and protein, gluten free and also suitable for vegans.

http://costcocouple.com/organic-edamame-spaghetti/

I just bought that Sunday, from my local grocery! We're giving it a try this week, I'll let you know. Have you tried it? Do you like it?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1444920478|3938545 said:
House Cat|1444872043|3938372 said:
How were the shiritaki noodles? I just bought a package at our local Sprouts market. I also found the black bean pasta!!! woot!

The shiritaki noodles were just gross. :cry:

For those that don't know, they are noodles in a packet of liquid. They're kind of floating around in there. Then you open the packet and the water smells like fish. :???: After you cook the noodles they don't taste like fish, but they have kind of a slimy texture. Gross. Pass.

The black bean pasta is decent, but it's a bit dry. I ended up stirring in a tablespoon of olive oil, and that made them work. I also cut them up, since the texture is not quite spaghetti like. I like them but DH, not so much. Do you like them, HC?
Oh no!!! Now I am afraid of the miracle noodles!!! Slimy fish noodles!!!

I haven't tried the black bean pasta just yet. I just did a meal prep session where I pre-made lunches and dinners for the next four days. I have to get through those before I can get to the pasta. :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My local noodle house offers a yam noodle option. I tried it - once. The noodles seem totally inert - the texture is almost crispy, with a bit of bounce-back, and didn't absorb any of the sauce or flavor. Once was enough for me.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1444902150|3938459 said:
We bought this a couple of months ago from Costco and we both really like it.
Organic Edamame Spaghetti. Very tasty and nutritious too. High in fiber and protein, gluten free and also suitable for vegans.

http://costcocouple.com/organic-edamame-spaghetti/

oooh I will have to try this!!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are any of you afraid of eating soy? I am freaked about what it does to our hormones, creating estrogens and becoming a breast cancer risk. Have any of you researched this and found a way to debunk it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results