shape
carat
color
clarity

This blew my mind.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look at it in a positive way. Those students are going to be running the world soon, and eventually the old crusty racists who wanted segregated proms will be dead. So, good for the students. I love that they pursued it and kept pushing for what they believed.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this in the news. I found it most upsetting that the young people had no problem with the proms being separate in previous years. I could not believe it and was ashamed that it happened in my country. I'm also glad I live in an area where things are very different. How flipping backwards is this town. I'm old and I could never have imagined a segregated prom when I went to high school nor would ANYONE have thought it was acceptable back then in the 70's.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1431450833|3875572 said:
I saw this in the news. I found it most upsetting that the young people had no problem with the proms being separate in previous years. I could not believe it and was ashamed that it happened in my country. I'm also glad I live in an area where things are very different. How flipping backwards is this town. I'm old and I could never have imagined a segregated prom when I went to high school nor would ANYONE have thought it was acceptable back then in the 70's.

Completely agree with Callie and yes when I read about this a while back it blew my mind too Gypsy. I couldn't believe it either when I read it and it is exactly the reason I won't be retiring in a small town or in a small town that is not near a diverse city center. I need to be near a big city where there is more acceptance of a wider variety of things,religions, races and differences in people in general.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It also says: The school has long hosted Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps balls, which were racially integrated and open to all JROTC members. They just didn't have a publicly funded 'prom'. It's not like the students never interacted or something.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results