shape
carat
color
clarity

Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Else

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I did this same thread 5 years (5!) years ago ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-bugs-you-doesnt-bother-anybody-else.153545/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-bugs-you-doesnt-bother-anybody-else.153545/page-4[/URL]) , and the answers were weird, interesting, and some were just plain strange. But it was a ton of fun and helped everyone get things off their chest.

The only rule: no recriminations! Even if someone says they hate kittens (even their teeny little paws and the adorable big eyes? :-o ) no one can call them on it. No judgement. :) But do try to keep it light-hearted, please.

So here's mine; greeting cards.

Yup. They make me nuts. I like getting them, for about 2 minutes, and then I am officially stuck with them for life. What are we supposed to do with the damn things? I don't mind the ones with newsy letters or notes, but a card with just a signature? What about the loving, kind, beautiful cards from DH or the kids? The kids have a thing going, where they try to find a card gushy enough to make me cry. I have dozens and dozens of them in little clumps in every drawer of the house! You can't throw them away, they're up to $5 now. And they're signed by a loved one!

Damn you, Hallmark! :(

What bugs you, and (apparently) no one else?
:wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Things That BUG You That Don't Seem To Bother Anyone Els

The song "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. I hate hate hate it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I literally try to find the cheapest cards I can haha. I HATE paying 5 (or I've even seen 8!) dollars for a card. That gets thrown away. Or stuffed someplace and never seen again.

Something that bugs me - when people leave time on the microwave. JUST PRESS ENTER AND IT GOES AWAY. Sheesh.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

telephone89|1436999809|3903289 said:
Something that bugs me - when people leave time on the microwave. JUST PRESS ENTER AND IT GOES AWAY. Sheesh.

Ugh, YES. That drives me nuts.

My latest? Use of "literally." Can people please stop using this incorrectly?

"I was literally 30 minutes late." <--As opposed to figuratively 30 minutes late?
"I'm literally going to jump off a cliff." <---Somebody call 911.

JUST STOP.

We just had a company wide call with our CEO, and he said literally at least three times...all incorrectly.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Couples who share one Facebook account (eg. "John and Jane Smith"). FB accounts are free!

When people refer to themselves as "foodies". It sounds pretentious to me.

When people preface something by saying "I usually don't like <this thing>, but this one is really good!" How am I supposed to trust your opinion if you usually don't like it?

And, someone who's died by hanging has been "hanged," not "hung." Clothes are hung, people are hanged. Get it right.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

-Fake air kisses
-Fake hugs, just because it's customary in certain cultures or social groups
-Loud voices, especially used indoors.
-background (elevator music) all day long
-indecisive people who ask for advice on Facebook or other social media, and then goes on to ignore everyone's advice

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hate artificial fragrances that are permeating everything around me because everyone else seems to love them. Cosmetics, detergent, air fresheners, cleaning supplies. These heavy scents give me a headache and an especially heavy lotion (I HATE YOU VS) makes me extremely nauseous :knockout: .

People love for their clothes to smell like ocean mist or meadow flowers but to me it all smells worse than BO or horses**t. And yes, I can smell the detergent when I'm standing next to someone at a normal conversation distance.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

SMC|1437001511|3903297 said:
Couples who share one Facebook account (eg. "John and Jane Smith"). FB accounts are free!.

YES!!! And I know some couples who share email accounts...SUPER annoying and weird to me, just irks me!! Thanks for posting that, I'm so glad I'm not the only one, lol.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

People who are lovey dovey for show on FB. I have a some FB friends who are husband and wife, and they are always posting I miss yous, and I love yous, and can't wait to see you etc.....get a life!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom|1437002789|3903319 said:
People who are lovey dovey for show on FB. I have a some FB friends who are husband and wife, and they are always posting I miss yous, and I love yous, and can't wait to see you etc.....get a life!
Yup, And usually they are the ones who will get a divorce... :lol:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Matata|1436999229|3903284 said:

OMG. Ditto. My previous boss used to play this song at our morning meeting every time she was peacocking herself. I HATE IT. :angryfire:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have really sensitive hearing, and basically any noise that I'm not actively paying attention to is... idk... "grating" isn't the right word but "painful" isn't either. Somewhere between grating and painful. Not pleasant, at any rate. If it gets too overwhelming I start being completely unable to control my reactions to it and will cry or snap or pass out. That's my big one, on account of some level of exposure being absolutely intolerable. Everything else I can ignore even when it's super annoying.

Also, "I'm doing good." WELL. WELL. YOU'RE DOING WELL.

jaysonsmom|1437001964|3903301 said:
-indecisive people who ask for advice on Facebook or other social media, and then goes on to ignore everyone's advice

My favorite of these was a girl asking for biblical names for her soon-to-be-born daughter. I suggested things like Mary and Ruth, you know, classic biblical names. There were a lot of suggestions of that type. She went with Trinitee Genesis. Well, okay then. Unsurprisingly, Neveah was also a front-runner. (I'm sorry, but in what way is "heaven spelled backwards" a BIBLICAL NAME? It's not. It's really not.)

SMC

Ideal_Rock

distracts|1437003356|3903323 said:
Yes! Also, when people use "less" instead of "fewer." Like, that old Gardasil commercial with the tagline "One less." One fewer! If you can count it, use fewer!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Women who think liking star wars somehow makes them "geek sexy"

It's one of the most popular movies of all time!

It's like a woman being like "you know what show I love, Seinfeld. I don't know if you've heard of it. I've seen every episode.My favorite character is the soup nazi. he's kind of obscure."

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC|1437003849|3903331 said:
distracts|1437003356|3903323 said:
Yes! Also, when people use "less" instead of "fewer." Like, that old Gardasil commercial with the tagline "One less." One fewer! If you can count it, use fewer!
That's how I feel about I and Me. It's not hard to tell which is correct, take out the other person, how would you say it?!
"A picture of my mom and i" isn't correctcorrect

I always make sure I say "well", but this one bothers me more

SMC

Ideal_Rock

People who complain that the size 0 or size XS is "too big." I know there are people who struggle with weight on both ends of the spectrum, but I can't help but get annoyed at people who complain about being "too skinny," having metabolisms that are "too fast," or wishing that they "could gain weight." I will not sympathize with you unless you have a medical condition.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1437003917|3903333 said:
It's like a woman being like "you know what show I love, Seinfeld. I don't know if you've heard of it. I've seen every episode.My favorite character is the soup nazi. he's kind of obscure."
HAHAHAHA!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When people use "then" instead of "than". Blue is prettier then green. Argh.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock

Fine point pens drive me bananas. It feels like I'm writing with a needle.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

texaskj|1437011074|3903382 said:
Fine point pens drive me bananas. It feels like I'm writing with a needle.

AGREE. I'd rather write with a crayon.

charleston1

Shiny_Rock

"Meh" (either written or spoken).

My old boss (a complete idiot) used to say it alot.

Hate it! It is so rude! I would rather someone say "who cares" than MEH.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata|1436999229|3903284 said:

OMG ME TOOOOO! It makes me violent and I want to punch someone when I hear it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

People who clip their nails in public. Usually on a plane or train or in a place that makes the whole sound louder.
People who do not bus their tables at fast food places.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

telephone89|1436999809|3903289 said:
I literally try to find the cheapest cards I can haha. I HATE paying 5 (or I've even seen 8!) dollars for a card. That gets thrown away. Or stuffed someplace and never seen again.

Time on the microwave, yes yes yes. My husband does it *all* the time. Why is it so hard to clear it? Or, here's a thought, don't put the timer on for so long that you have to take it out early?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

People who amble about like they've not a care in the world at the mall. Always in the middle of the lane, and as a special bonus, a group of people walking together this way w/11 kids running hell bent for election around them in circles. Get out of my way. I have shit to do. Even if I don't have shit to do, just move.

I'm pretty sure I posted in the other thread w/a list of eleventy twelve things that make me irrationally angry.

ETA hahahaha watching an old episode of Inkmaster brings to mind another: picture=photo/drawing etc. pitcher=vessel in which liquid is stored. They are not interchangeable.

jeez it's like chewing tinfoil w/some people.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hiding behind texting when a simple phone call would be more sincere or direct and to the point.

Drowning in perfume. My sister in law, ugh, must have been at least five spritzes she sprayed on herself... Then she goes to work as a baby nurse. And along that same note, I don't want to smell you approaching, and smell you hours later leaving, when all you did was stand here, not lean on something absorptive like bed linen. Bleh...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe this has already trended, but I get violent urges to do harm when people address each other or me as dude or duuuuude or DUDE depending on the tenor of the conversation and regardless of gender. :angryfire:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It really bugs me when the person behind me at a red light is too close.
I swear sometimes they are so close I can see the color of their eyes. Or if it is a big truck, I just see grill in my mirror.
And then, if I move up to get away from them, they move up, too!!
Get off my a$$!!!

On a similar note, some people will stand too close behind me in a line in a store. In my personal space.
What's with that? My DH has a way of handling this-- he will step back suddenly and bump into them on purpose and say "Oh, excuse me!"

Ok, I feel better now...............

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC said:
People who complain that the size 0 or size XS is "too big." I know there are people who struggle with weight on both ends of the spectrum, but I can't help but get annoyed at people who complain about being "too skinny," having metabolisms that are "too fast," or wishing that they "could gain weight." I will not sympathize with you unless you have a medical condition.

Meet my husband. He can't do cardio because it makes him lose too much weight. And then he tells me that it's just as hard to gain weight as it is to lose. 1) No, it's not. 2) Even if it is, trying to gain weight doesn't require you to deprive yourself. He always loses weight when we go on vacation because he doesn't work out (lift weights) as much.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Niel|1437003917|3903333 said:
Women who think liking star wars somehow makes them "geek sexy"

It's one of the most popular movies of all time!

Yes love this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results