shape
carat
color
clarity

They didn''t register?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Fiance and I are attending a beach wedding in Florida at the end of September. The bride just sent out the invitations, BUT she didn''t add any registry info. She preferred RSVP by email so I added a quick note about where they were registered. This was her response

-------------
yay... thank you for replying.. we are excited to have you there!!!

umm.... we did not register anywhere.. sorry..

see you soon :)
--------------

She''s a very sweet girl, and their wedding will be small, casual and quite intimate I imagine. Unfortunately, though, I have *no idea* what to get them. My fiance builds homes, and also has his real estate license. He helped them buy their house about 6 months ago. He picked up a small percentage and instead passed some of his share on to the couple, since they were young and starting out. However, we still want to get them something really nice as they are good friends (and his clients!) For a housewarming gift, they requested Home Depot gift cards, and I think they would probably appreciate that as a wedding gift as well. On the other hand, gift cards seem so impersonal or even inappropriate. Could we give them a gift card with a smaller, more intimate gift?

I could ramble forever, so I''ll just let you guys figure this one out..!

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
I think your idea of gift cards with a small, personal gift is lovely. :)

x x x

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 3:45:36 AM
Author: Cleo
I think your idea of gift cards with a small, personal gift is lovely. :)

x x x

Thank you Cleo! You are always a classy lady with thoughtful posts, so your validation is big :thumbs up:!

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, that''s so sweet- thankyou!

You made me blush.
37.gif

It was your idea.. I just thought it happened to be very appropriate and considerate. :)

BTW - a beach wedding sounds just lovely!

x x x

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its definitely difficult buying something for people who have already set up house. Thats probably why they didn''t register anywhere. I think the idea of gift cards is a great one.
1.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think a gift card is great especially if that''s what she asked for. Enjoy the wedding
21.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2008 2:58:45 AM
Author:somehowcollide
Fiance and I are attending a beach wedding in Florida at the end of September. The bride just sent out the invitations, BUT she didn''t add any registry info. She preferred RSVP by email so I added a quick note about where they were registered. This was her response

-------------
yay... thank you for replying.. we are excited to have you there!!!

umm.... we did not register anywhere.. sorry..

see you soon :)
--------------

She''s a very sweet girl, and their wedding will be small, casual and quite intimate I imagine. Unfortunately, though, I have *no idea* what to get them. My fiance builds homes, and also has his real estate license. He helped them buy their house about 6 months ago. He picked up a small percentage and instead passed some of his share on to the couple, since they were young and starting out. However, we still want to get them something really nice as they are good friends (and his clients!) For a housewarming gift, they requested Home Depot gift cards, and I think they would probably appreciate that as a wedding gift as well. On the other hand, gift cards seem so impersonal or even inappropriate. Could we give them a gift card with a smaller, more intimate gift?

I could ramble forever, so I''ll just let you guys figure this one out..!
If they didn''t register, chances are they would like a cash gift. I think maybe something like an American Express gift card would be nice. That way they can use it at whatever store or possibly use it during their honeymoon.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughtful suggestions. I believe we will be getting them an American Express gift card (thanks fieryred33143) with something cute and personalized!

Thank you kind friends.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 1:20:46 AM
Author: somehowcollide
Thank you all for your thoughtful suggestions. I believe we will be getting them an American Express gift card (thanks fieryred33143) with something cute and personalized!

Thank you kind friends.
Wow - I didn''t know such a thing existed.. what a great idea!
36.gif

x x x

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 1:27:24 AM
Author: Cleo

Date: 8/19/2008 1:20:46 AM
Author: somehowcollide

Thank you kind friends.
Wow - I didn''t know such a thing existed.. what a great idea!
36.gif

x x x
Thritto! What a great idea!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They want cash
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were pressured into registering and received exactly three gifts off our registry. One of which was from my parents. I don''t blame them! Although the discount to "complete" our registery was fun.

Give cash.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Through all my message-board-ing over the past 1.5 years while planning my own wedding... I''ve learned that this is the approach that people take when they prefer cash.

Those people who post asking how they can cue their guests to make monetary gifts are always told en mass: "don''t register, your guests will take the hint." So I''d guess that this is what they''re hoping, or perhaps no gifts at all.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just a thought from someone who didn''t register...we didn''t want anything. We were older and meshing two households, which meant we had plenty of stuff, we simply wanted our guests to come and celebrate with us. Just wanted to throw it out there that everyone who doesn''t register wants cash isn''t a hard and fast rule.

In this instance, I would say it sounds like they''d prefer cash. I think a Visa gift card and something small and personal is more than generous.

mystiqkal

Shiny_Rock
if it were me, I would give them cash. I honestly think its the best gift and most appreciated. Everything else, you''re not really sure if they''re use etc...I wouldnt even do a gift card because then you''re restricting their options on where they can buy from. Amex/vise/mastercard gift cards are ok but i''ve found that some places wont take them and i''ve run into quite a few problems using them before.

When i get married, I would prefer to receive cash instead of gifts...that way you can use it to offset the cost of the wedding, get the stuff you really need etc. But then again, I''m asian and giving cash as a wedding gift is pretty much the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results