shape
carat
color
clarity

The Test of TIME; What Are Your Go-To Pieces?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Which pieces have you found the most useful and wearable in your jewelry wardrobe?
The things you wear every day or much more than other pieces?
Is there something that makes them work especially well for you, a tip that others can learn from?
Not just e-rings please, let's talk about the other stuff. But if there's a great tip about your e-ring's comfort, we can include that. :)

Points for a link to your original thread, bonus points for pics! :appl: :appl:

I'll start: Loooove my IDJ eternity ;-) bracelet. I have been wearing it every day and adore getting lost in the sparkles!

TIP: It's not the standard 7 inch length, it's 6 1/2, so it sits super comfortably on my wrist. I have other bracelets, that I rarely wear, I think because they slide around to much. So the tip is to have your bracelet sized just for you.

Original thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/30th-anniversary-6-21-carat-bracelet-from-idj.196244/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/30th-anniversary-6-21-carat-bracelet-from-idj.196244/[/URL]

What about your favorite piece(s)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My earring studs are 24/7/365 never removed except for cleaning once a week.
My bezeled diamond pendant is also a 24/7/365 never removed item.
These two are simple and classic in design and sized appropriately for all occasions, dressy, casual, everything. I'll be back with pictures for iLander's bonus points. :tongue:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1389369790|3590328 said:
My earring studs are 24/7/365 never removed except for cleaning once a week.
My bezeled diamond pendant is also a 24/7/365 never removed item.
These two are simple and classic in design and sized appropriately for all occasions, dressy, casual, everything.

I was going to say the same thing :) My diamond stud earrings and my bezel set diamond necklace are both very classic.
I also prefer timepieces that are very classic & elegant (I have a Rolex and a Cartier) that will remain in style for years to come.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Diamond studs. I also wear 24/7 and once or twice a week remove just to clean and then right back into my ears.

They are the only earrings I wear, dress up, dress down they go with everything.

edited to add, diamond solitaire pendant is my second favorite piece but lately I'm not wearing it as much. I need to pull it out!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stacking bands. I may switch up the exact ones I'm wearing on any given day, but I'm always wearing some: they keep me from getting bored with my e-ring.

Bezeled diamond studs/ graduated stars for my second and third piercings: I can wear whatever fun, dangly thing I like up front while knowing I've got visual continuity.

My ruby and/or sapphire line bracelets: a little something "extra" to add oomph to the outfit, coordinated with either the edwardian ruby ring or the new big diamond-and-sapphire french cut.

I seem to be big on wearing multiple pieces on any given body part, with lots of smaller things to change the look a little ....

Oh, and ittle finicky ladies diamond watch: fancy enough for night because, diamonds, discreet enough for day because tiny.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just took these off at my desk for picture taking so they are very dirty. :oops: :lol:

3_stone_heirlooms.jpg

dirty_h_amp_a.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
My bezel set EC engagement ring. The band is so wide I don't wear a wedding ring.

A chunky carved BC jade ring on the RH. Something about that ring grounds me...however and IDJ eternity bracelet would ground me pretty well too methinks :lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Most days I wear slender 14kt White Gold hammered hoops with the apx diameter of a quarter - always looks great whether dressing up or down. Stud earrings just don't show up on me - I don't even wear them on my second & third piercings anymore.
2. Besides my ER (see #3 below), I most always wear a ring on my middle finger, right hand - most of the time I choose one of a myriad of colored gemstone rings based on outfit and destination, but otherwise my default is a Sterling Silver trinity-style ring I've had for decades (back burner plan is to have Cartier make a trinity ring for me in all white gold - someday)
3. Like Begonia, my ER is wide and I don't ever wear a wedding band with it - and it always looks gorgeous without being over the top, *and* feels comfortable and appropriate. My fave pic is from WF:
avy-half-bezel-solitaire-engagement-ring-in-18k-yellow-gold-by-whiteflash_35697_top_-_edited_out.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
99% of the time I wear diamond studs & a floating diamond pendant. They are really a part of who I am as much as my wedding rings. My parents bought me the studs for my 25th birthday, my husband the pendant for my 33rd Birthday. I wear them 24/7, removing for cleaning, bus I also have diamond drops on lever backs, and as of Christmas I have Akoya pearls on lever backs, so these have meant removing the studs & pendant more often.

My watch is a diamond Raymond Weil that I treated myself for my 30th & wear daily. I am 40 in June, so it has stood the test of time / fashion well :sun:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't find the original thread. I wear my diamond stud earrings, about 1.70ctw OEC's nearly every day. I have a silver bangle bracelet that I wear a lot. I don't usually wear the same rings everyday and I'm not bothered by most necklaces and bracelets.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually only wear earrings and diamond ring + band. For all that I love jewellery I don't actually wear all that much!

My Go To earrings are my 0.1ctw Tiffany Elsa Peretti baby bezel studs. They're platinum so no worries about tarnish/oxidation/reactions when I swim, etc. They were a no-reason-except-that-we-love-you surprise from my ILs and I love them for both the style and the sentiment ::)

My Go To diamond ring is my WF eternity. It's SO low-maintenance! No worries about prongs snagging, banging big centerstones on things, it doesn't spin, it fits under the tightest gloves, it's super easy to clean... I'd never have thought I'd call a diamond band "low maintenance" but compared to my other rings it most definitely is!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-loot-from-wf-uprong-w-15pt-acas-in-unplated-14kwg.189373/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-loot-from-wf-uprong-w-15pt-acas-in-unplated-14kwg.189373/[/URL]

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1389377516|3590409 said:
My Go To earrings are my 0.1ctw Tiffany Elsa Peretti baby bezels. They're platinum so no worries about tarnish/oxidation/reactions when I swim, etc. They were a no-reason-except-that-we-love-you surprise from my ILs and I love them for both the style and the sentiment ::)
I'd like a pair of BGDs because I love the way their bezel looks, but it's SO not in budget right now. But I never wear my martini style studs, like, ever. I thought I'd leave them in, but I use so many colored products in my hair that I just don't.

I also never wear my rings almost at all, SO rarely that when I do it's a "monument occasion" and people I've known for a while are like "omg they do exist!" I have friends that I've been hanging out with, etc for multiple years who have never seen me wear a ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1389377678|3590410 said:
Yssie|1389377516|3590409 said:
My Go To earrings are my 0.1ctw Tiffany Elsa Peretti baby bezels. They're platinum so no worries about tarnish/oxidation/reactions when I swim, etc. They were a no-reason-except-that-we-love-you surprise from my ILs and I love them for both the style and the sentiment ::)
I'd like a pair of BGDs because I love the way their bezel looks, but it's SO not in budget right now. But I never wear my martini style studs, like, ever. I thought I'd leave them in, but I use so many colored products in my hair that I just don't.

I also never wear my rings almost at all, SO rarely that when I do it's a "monument occasion" and people I've known for a while are like "omg they do exist!" I have friends that I've been hanging out with, etc for multiple years who have never seen me wear a ring.

:bigsmile:
I feel naked without a plain band but yeah, I'm like you, the diamonds are optional! Before I had my eternity I just wore the band because my other rings are just too much hassle to deal with every day.

I don't know WHY I don't wear my bigger studs more often. They're gorgeous, they're very comfortable, they're a bit harder to clean but it's by no means 'difficult'... I just regularly reach for the baby bezels instead. I've contemplated selling them but just *having* them makes me happy, even when I'm not wearing them, so...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was WAY better about even the plain band til the last maybe two years. I used to almost always leave my plain band on, but during glove weather even that is annoying so I mostly don't bother! Having my ring size at the base be SO different from the knuckle, rings plus gloves do not work for me, I hate the digging in my finger! So I just go without. I never wear diamond rings with gloves though, too worried about snags or any pressure bending the rings. I don't wear any rings at work, in part due to the digging for files I sometimes do, but mostly in dealing with who we deal with here, with so many out of work, and one comment about how pawning that would pay a mortgage for over a year...yea Ill be happy not wearing it here! When I do my wedding work, Ill wear them sometimes meeting with a bride though normally I just wear a plain band for that so I don't look obnoxious or make anyone uncomfortable in the comparison department. I never wear rings to do the actual work though, it's damaging to the supplies to have rings on or nails done.

I think if I wasn't so high maintenance in the whole hair area, I wouldn't be such a stick about the earrings. I'd like to wear them more, I just don't want the gunk stuck in them! I am kind of waffling on selling them as well, though I could probably even return them to Nordstrom still if I wanted to. I just never wear them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only pieces I wear all the time when I am out are my rings-ER and WB.
And my other almost every day pieces are earrings and a watch. Though I have many earrings I would say about 70% of the time my diamond hoops are my go to earrings. And my last go to piece for almost every day is my Rolex watch. 90% of the time that's the watch I wear.

diamondhoops.jpeg

oecwithantiqueplatband.jpg

everydaywatch.jpg

togetheralmostalways.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1389381667|3590447 said:
I was WAY better about even the plain band til the last maybe two years. I used to almost always leave my plain band on, but during glove weather even that is annoying so I mostly don't bother! Having my ring size at the base be SO different from the knuckle, rings plus gloves do not work for me, I hate the digging in my finger! So I just go without. I never wear diamond rings with gloves though, too worried about snags or any pressure bending the rings. I don't wear any rings at work, in part due to the digging for files I sometimes do, but mostly in dealing with who we deal with here, with so many out of work, and one comment about how pawning that would pay a mortgage for over a year...yea Ill be happy not wearing it here! When I do my wedding work, Ill wear them sometimes meeting with a bride though normally I just wear a plain band for that so I don't look obnoxious or make anyone uncomfortable in the comparison department. I never wear rings to do the actual work though, it's damaging to the supplies to have rings on or nails done.

I think if I wasn't so high maintenance in the whole hair area, I wouldn't be such a stick about the earrings. I'd like to wear them more, I just don't want the gunk stuck in them! I am kind of waffling on selling them as well, though I could probably even return them to Nordstrom still if I wanted to. I just never wear them.

Ah, I'd forgotten that you do a lot of wedding work! That does introduce another set of concerns.

My knuckles are bigger than the part the rings sit on but it's not a huge difference. DH's knuckles are a full size bigger than his actual ring size so he has the same issues with gloves and comfort - we've thought about a horseshoe but he feels anything but a smooth surface will be more irritating on his finger than the fit :sick:

Re. the studs - How long have you had them? Do you think a reset to something like a bezel that 'protects' the stones from gunk a bit more would help?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Martini prong studs -- WF ACA, .75 c ea.
3-stone WF ACA necklace, 2.3 c
3.24 c red spinel wedding ring
2.50 c AVC RHR

I tried to find the original links but they're old, between 2005-2008 and I lack the patience to wade through all those yrs. I took some crappy pictures a moment ago, too lazy to try to find the nicer ones posted somewhere on this hyooooge forum.

p1010746.jpg

p1010749.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1389384493|3590477 said:
ame|1389381667|3590447 said:

Ah, I'd forgotten that you do a lot of wedding work! That does introduce another set of concerns.

My knuckles are bigger than the part the rings sit on but it's not a huge difference. DH's knuckles are a full size bigger than his actual ring size so he has the same issues with gloves and comfort - we've thought about a horseshoe but he feels anything but a smooth surface will be more irritating on his finger than the fit :sick:

Re. the studs - How long have you had them? Do you think a reset to something like a bezel that 'protects' the stones from gunk a bit more would help?
I don't know if a horseshoe will help that, the gloves just move it and it digs.

I have been debating resetting. I bought them I think in 2010? I know Nordstrom takes things back just fine, and I do love them, I just see no point in keeping them if I don't wear them, even if I reset. I dunno. They're a great stone size, though and perfect for bezelling. I've debated having them reset by BGD but I feel like if Im going to get bezels from them, I might as well just return these and buy the whole nut from them.

My work definitely does introduce some concerns. I like to be able to fully use my hands, and I just cannot do what I need to do with a ring in the way.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Like you, I love and just take off for cleaning my IDJ 4.2ctw bezel eternity bracelet. Mine is a little longer because I like the movement on my wrist. I also wear, 24/7, my IDJ .40ctw bezel martini studs that I had made for my second hole. I used the diamond (1.08ct) from my late husbands ering , and had it made into a prong set bezel sliding pendant that never comes off. I've become very comfortable with my IDJ 20pt eternity, no more panic about damaging. If something happens I'll just replace a stone. I pretty much wear it 24/7 and just clean it a lot.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I alternate a lot of my jewelry and don't usually wear the same things for more than a week at a time. The other pieces get lonely and jealous if they don't get out of the box.

My favorites are my .88tcw studs, my invisible set heart pendant that hubby got for an anni, and my e-ring. Not to long ago, I purchased a Tiffany zig zag band from ebay and that has been my right hand ring lately. I wear my concord diamond watch with the blue mother of pearl face the most often of my watches.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1389383584|3590469 said:
The only pieces I wear all the time when I am out are my rings-ER and WB.
And my other almost every day pieces are earrings and a watch. Though I have many earrings I would say about 70% of the time my diamond hoops are my go to earrings. And my last go to piece for almost every day is my Rolex watch. 90% of the time that's the watch I wear.

Missy--I love your whole classic collection! Can you tell us more about your diamond hoops (diameter, tcw)? I am on the lookout for some in the future! TIA! :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Studs- princess cut. 1 cttw. Had cz in place for a bit to know what would work.
1 ct Asscher solitaire with carre eternity 3.45cttw- 15 pointers. The eternity is only 1 month old, making this THE set. Always wanted an eternity. Then I found THE solitaire that I had to have!!!! The solitaire came first, then the eternity!
And a spinning ring- my first diamond ring. Fell in love with a similar design and made my own.

These are my everyday pieces. I am working on an everyday diamond necklace, too!!!

I have my 2 watches- luxury & every day is JLC. My weekend is my irony swatch.

_13566.jpg

_13568.jpg

_13570.jpg

_13571.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond studs are #1.

I never thought of myself as a watch person, though, decided to buy a $25 watch at Nord Rack and now wear it so often, I may consider buying a nicer watch.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My watch is a "go to" and of all my jewellery, my two Gehry for Tiffany torque bangles (rose gold and white) get the most wear.

cheers--Sharon

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Here are pics of my JLC which has 2 faces and I choose the face for the appropriate setting. 2 for the price of one!!!

_13572.jpg

_13573.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
One thing that I have learned about the full eternity ( or e rings that have pave all the way around) is that make sure that you are not going to have any children. From what I have read here, having children increases the finger size. A full eternity is very difficult to change sizes. Or have children and it may be a good way of getting an upgrade!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My go-to pieces are small silver hoops and fake pearl studs. I wear them pretty much all the time. You'd think I'd have more of a collection after so many years hanging out here, huh?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
My 1ctw BGD H si1 studs: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-had-to-upgrade-my-studs-bgd-1-00ctw-h-si1.189515/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/so-i-had-to-upgrade-my-studs-bgd-1-00ctw-h-si1.189515/[/URL]

My new .55ct BGD I vs2 martini pendant layered with my Chimento pendant. I big puffy heart love the Chimento & the 55ct diamond isn't too shabby either :cheeky: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twinkle-twinkle-little-star-bgd-sbf-55ct-pendant.196502/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twinkle-twinkle-little-star-bgd-sbf-55ct-pendant.196502/[/URL]

I also wear my 2.15ctw five stone ec band every day and for my RHR my 2ctw channel set baguette. Love both of these!

I wear my EC solitaire with the band maybe 3 times a week and pull out my other RHR's every couple of weeks.
I rotate between my two watches, Michele and Frederique Constant. Hope to upgrade my watch next year.

baguette_band_3.jpg

my_ec_and_band_handshot.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results