shape
carat
color
clarity

The passing of Coretta Scott King

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
The world is mourning the loss of a great civil rights advocate. Mrs. King passed away today in a Mexican holistic hospital suffering from ovarian cancer. Mrs. King was an advocate of civil rights for all people regardless of race, religion, sex, etc. long before she joined forces with her late husband-Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Because of the tireless work of Mrs. King my children and their children have many rights to be thankful for. God bless you Coretta Scott King. WE SHALL OVERCOME!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not known what to say, but I think much of the United States (indeed much of the world) is mourning Mrs. King''s death and celebrating the work she and Dr. King did to make the United States a more civilzed place.

Deborah

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
President Bush had planned to speak in New Hampshire on Tuesday, the day of Mrs. King''s funeral. Mrs. Bush and his father, the former President, had been delegated to represent him at the funeral. Mr. Bush has changed his plans and will attend the funeral.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Over 10,000 people, including 4 presidents, attended the funeral of The Late Coretta Scott King today. Among those giving eulogies were Oprah Winfrey and President Bush.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Moon River: Thanks for starting this thread. I watched part of the funeral today and was very moved to hear her daughter give the eulogy. Mrs. King was a great woman who had a tremendous task in trying to continue her husband''s legacy. I cannot imagine the pressure she was under, and so I admire her dignity and grace in handling it over the years. The thought that she would put her own talents aside for a greater cause is something to be admired.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
She was a great and dignified lady who was awe inspiring. I saw parts of her service and especially liked the poem written by Maya Angelou (SP?). I also loved that Stevie Wonder sang. It looked like a beautiful tribute to such a fantastic woman, who will be sorely missed.
12.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
she will indeed be missed.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results