shape
carat
color
clarity

The Passing of a true Lady

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss Kaleigh...take care and know that many are thinking of you at this time...
emrainbow.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry, Lisa. I''ll be thinking about you in this strange period when one is grieving and having to take care of so many details at the same time. It''s such a hurdle, but I suppose it gets us through the hardest days.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, my heart and prayers are with you.

But think of it this way, yesterday, your grandmother was able to spend Mother''s Day with her mother... and that is truely wonderful. I am sure that she is waiting for the day that you will join her again on Mother''s Day.

**HUGS**

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
A song that I think is very appropriate is Go Rest High On That Mountain by Vince Gil.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
OH Lisa, I''m so sorry. I''ve been out of the loop for the past week dealing with medical issues and just saw the two topics Nan posted. I am truly saddened for you loss, yet happy she has moved on to a better place where NO ONE will steal her peanuts!!!!I am happy to see she was a corker til the very end. I smiled at the thought of her on her deathbed doing a word puzzle
20.gif
She was truly a remarkable lady and was truly HER OWN PERSON. We all grew to love her very much through you. You are one of her greatest aspects. I''m sure you made her very proud.

All my love and sympathy.
7.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 2:36:56 PM
Author: Mokey
A song that I think is very appropriate is Go Rest High On That Mountain by Vince Gil.
I was thinking of that very same song Mokey - it is a beautiful song that always reminds me of my great grandmother.

Another that I love is Will the Circle Be Unbroken.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 6:04:35 AM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 5/15/2006 2:46:54 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Lisa, my heart goes out to you and your family during this time...all the strength and courage in the world as well...thinking of you. HUGS.
Many thanks FG, I will need it. You have been so very kind to me. Today will be a hard day. I didn''t sleep a wink, and that''s what I do best.
3.gif
Nanny joked about it yesterday. She said I have slept so much, I''ve learned a lesson from you. Now I can''t sleep worth a dang. Oh well, it will catch up with me I guess. My friends are helping me with the funeral, but wanted to ask you guys, what are your favorite hymns???
Oh Lisa, I know it''s so very hard. No matter how much you can anticipate something like this happening, I don''t think it''s possible to ever be truly ready. Thinking of you so much, especially having to deal with all the sundries that have to be done. Big big bear hugs.

This is one of my favorite hymns.

The Hymn of Saint Francis

Make me a channel of Your peace:
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love;
Where there is injury, Your healing pow''r,
And where there''s doubt, true faith in You.
O Spirit, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to love with all my soul - .

Make me a channel of Your peace:
Where there''s despair in life let me bring hope;
Where there is darkness, - only light,
And where there''s sadness, ever joy.

Make me a channel of Your peace.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all that we receive,
And in dying that we''re born to eternal life.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
emrose.gif
she''s a part of you now more than ever - share it

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, my thought and prayers are with your family. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of such a wonderful lady. But I am so happy for the amazing life she must have led and that she had such a profound influence on you.

This is the hymn we sang at my grandfather's funeral. I always think of him when we sing it:
God Be With You Till We Meet Again
LINK

Lisa, I also thought I'd leave this hymn for you as well. I hope that you can figure out how to play the words with the music at least, look in the top right (eta:Ooops! Top Left) corner of the page. They are touching hymns at the passing of a loved one.
Each Life That Touches Ours for Good
LINK (I have no idea why I can't get this link to wory properly... sorry)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, I am sorry to hear of your loss. From your stories I almost feel like I know Nanny myself!
As you have said, even though she is gone, she will always be with you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so very much for the hymn suggestions. I decided on Amazing Grace and Joyful Joyful we adore thee. The service is going to be on Thursday at 11:00. I feel good that my prayers are all picked and got everything finalized with the funeral home. I meet with our Reverend tomorrow afternoon. Now I am working on my eulogy. I plan on telling lots of funny Nanny stories. So far it''s pretty good.
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am sending you giant (((((HUGS))))) and I know that your Nanny will be perched on your shoulder making you smile with her memory for the rest of your life! What an angel. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult week. Try to get some sleep and take care of yourself, sweetie.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa, you & your family are in our prayers. I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh, so sorry to hear this.you are in my thought and prayers.........

emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif
emrose.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa. I''m thinking of you in these hard times. You were both blessed to have known each other, and I hope that you can find some comfort in that. Take care of yourself (and your family) in the days to come.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, I am truly sorry for your loss. She seemed like an amazing lady! I will be praying for you and your family tonight.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa, I''m sooooo sorry
39.gif

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to share something that happened today. I had the hard task of telling my parents that Nanny died. I was hoping my mom would visit Nanny on Mother''s day, but she was a no show. They got into a fight 3 1/2 weeks ago. I won''t get into the details. It''s not important. I was kept awake worrying all last night how I would tell them. They''re not the kind of parents you wake up in the middle of the night, or even ask to help out. Story of my life. My Mom took it very well. She said, Lisa I have to thank you so very much for the excellent care you gave my mother. ( In my head I was like HUH?? ) She said I know this loss is a devastating blow to you and I am so sorry. She said Nanny thought the world of me and asked how she could help me. I was blown away. She meant every word. I was floored. Never heard that from her before. Not exactly ready to roll out the red carpet for Mom, but honestly have to say that was what I needed to hear. Just a simple thanks. Just goes to show, there is always hope.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, I just saw this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight. Take care of you and yours. If you need anything, please feel free to ask... I''m pretty sure I''m within a couple of states of you. And that was a serious offer, you never know what comes up.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh that is great to hear regarding your mom. I''m sure that it made you feel wonderful at a time when you needed it most. I guess there is some hope for all the mothers that haven''t been so stellar....great to hear.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
In time, may the fond, funny & feisty memories of Nanny fill the hole that presently exists in your heart. I know she will be missed; but, some things will never be gone.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Lisa it is so nice that you were able to get some honest appreciation from your mother for all you''ve done. Maybe this is a baby step forward for her.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2006 11:50:12 PM
My Mom took it very well. She said, Lisa I have to thank you so very much for the excellent care you gave my mother. ( In my head I was like HUH?? ) She said I know this loss is a devastating blow to you and I am so sorry. She said Nanny thought the world of me and asked how she could help me. I was blown away. She meant every word. I was floored. Never heard that from her before.

Oh, Lisa, somehow even your mother was reached by your love for your grandmother. I think love (and acting in a loving way) is so powerful! I do believe that God is in all people, even when I struggle with the idea of an omniscient and omnipotent deity. Maybe I still have it in me to become a Quaker. Thank you for sharing this story. It is beautiful.

Deb
34.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I feel like I know your Nanny just from reading your posts.

The funny Nanny stories will lift everyone''s spirits on Thursday. I am a big fan of making everyone laugh while remembering our lost loved one.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

BB

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure you''ll have no trouble with the eulogy for your Nanny. The stories you''ve shared with us are endearing. We will ALL be with you in spirit Thursday.

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
Kaleigh,
I am fairly new here,But want to send you warm HUGS,and say I am so sorry for your loss.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear Lisa,

I know that the Lord is giving you divine strength at this time and from reading what has already transpired in this thread I see Him wonderfully at work in your life and that is awesome. I know it is hard being there as a loved one passes as I was at my Dad's bedside as he went home so I can sympathize with what you're going through. I know Nanny was kinda like a mom to ya.
7.gif
Your mom is right though ... you've been such a bulwark throughout the whole time you've been taking care of her and it is good to see that mom was touched by your great love.

Good choice on the hyms.
1.gif

It is during these times that I have found this passage of Scripture to be of great comfort.

During this time period the church at Thessalonica was experiencing great persecution and many Christians were being put to death for their faith. It is in this context that this passage was written.

And now, brothers and sisters, I want you to know what will happen to the Christians who have died so you will not be full of sorrow like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus comes, God will bring back with Jesus all the Christians who have died. I can tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not rise to meet him ahead of those who are in their graves. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. So comfort and encourage each other with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Nanny will return with Him when He returns and we'll all get new bodies that will not decay.
1.gif
Awesome.
4.gif
Just don't forget to introduce me on that day.
2.gif

Peace,

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa I love Amazing Grace, it always makes me tear up. What a great story about your Mom as well. There is always hope.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I met with our Minister and I read him my speech/ eulogy for the service on Thursday. He loved it and laughed a lot. Guess that''s a good sign. I think it will be a lovely service and am happy that all is in place now. You have ALL been so kind and thoughtful. I really appreciate it. Got a great night sleep last night. And I just woke up from a nice nap. Sleep does help, that''s for sure. I have gotten some beautiful flowers and many phone calls. Everyone has been amazing to me and my family.
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 6:30:08 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I met with our Minister and I read him my speech/ eulogy for the service on Thursday. He loved it and laughed a lot. Guess that''s a good sign. I think it will be a lovely service and am happy that all is in place now. You have ALL been so kind and thoughtful. I really appreciate it. Got a great night sleep last night. And I just woke up from a nice nap. Sleep does help, that''s for sure. I have gotten some beautiful flowers and many phone calls. Everyone has been amazing to me and my family.
1.gif
I''m glad to hear you are getting some sleep Lisa! I am sure everyone will identify with, and enjoy the eulogy you have lovingly prepared.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results