shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y''all may not need this thread, but I DO!

I hope the thread title doesn''t break any copyright laws!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I''ll start...

I can''t believe Anja Paerson skied today after her terrible fall yesterday. I''m so impressed.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m watching! But be careful, I know some time zones are behind in the scheduling.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And...

I''m loving Visa''s GO WORLD! commercials.

They really bring out the sap in me... not that it takes much...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I can''t do certain things unless the pressure''s on...

Hey! I have something in common with Shawn White!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I really love the live updates on the vancouver2010.com site. I can't watch TV during class, but I CAN follow splits and the skeleton even has an awesome little map to show how far they are down the track.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone is on a delay, spoiler alert don''t read any further!!!

YAY!! USA Gold in the Men''s Figure Skating! He''s from my hometown, so feeling a little bit of Illinois pride too! Good for him! The Russian trash talker was starting to bug me, although he really is awesome too!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 12:31:43 AM
Author: MagsyMay

YAY!! USA Gold in the Men''s Figure Skating! He''s from my hometown, so feeling a little bit of Illinois pride too! Good for him! The Russian trash talker was starting to bug me, although he really is awesome too!

I know!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So excited that he''s from Chicago too! (well Naperville...
3.gif
)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching the women's half pipe... ouch!

I do love how snowboarding's culture and roots come through so clearly even in this ultimate competitive event. I wonder how long it will be before the snowboarders also wear highly engineered, form-fitting competition clothing?

Or maybe they'll just add visual flair. Bling? Pulsating LED lights? Streamers?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 12:31:43 AM
Author: MagsyMay

Thank you for the warning... not that it did me any good.
20.gif
I blame it on the ADD!
2.gif

Anyhow, I just saw the performance, and all I can say is... WOW! Just spectacular!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Everything''s spoiled for me before I watch it, even though we have the full cable coverage package, because of the time difference I don''t get to watch anything live. Everytime I read the news during the day something gets given away!

I''ve been loving the hockey, we''ve organised a whole heap of friends to come over for a hockey double header (USA/Can & Czech/Russia) on Monday.

Watching the USA/Norway game right now..

BTW... Congratulations Torah!!!! (sorry, had to rub that in...)

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 12:45:27 AM
Author: VRBeauty
Watching the women''s half pipe... ouch!

I do love how snowboarding''s culture and roots come through so clearly even in this ultimate competitive event. I wonder how long it will be before the snowboarders also wear highly engineered, form-fitting competition clothing?

Or maybe they''ll just add visual flair. Bling? Pulsating LED lights? Streamers?

I have wondered that, not so much in the pipe (although I do wonder how they do those tricks with their pants down around their knees), but in events where speed is a factor - like the moguls. When will someone buck the system and ski a mogul event in a race suit (with contrast knee patches of course)?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
What''s up with everyone sharing the results?! When the women skate I''m going to have to avoid the internet because I had the men''s skating final blown by my friend in Texas. Jeez. Olympic figure skating is MY super bowl!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK curling fans... it looks like this is your night!

I''ll be looking for the downhill skiing and ice dancing myself...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We have been glued to it here--lovin'' it all! We cheer-scream a lot at the TV--Go Canada go!
3.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Loving it! I was disappointed about the dispute over Men''s figure skating gold vs silver metal. It seems the losers always point fingers at the "politics", but come one! You know your sports when you commit your life to it. Play WITH the "politics", not whine about it!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 11:34:06 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

We have been glued to it here--lovin'' it all! We cheer-scream a lot at the TV--Go Canada go!
3.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Same here except we''re cheering for the U.S.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 5:09:25 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Loving it! I was disappointed about the dispute over Men's figure skating gold vs silver metal. It seems the losers always point fingers at the 'politics', but come one! You know your sports when you commit your life to it. Play WITH the 'politics', not whine about it!
Ditto. I didn't think highly of Plushenko before with his vignette while he was driving around in Russia, but after this mess I have a few choice words about him and his arrogance that aren't allowed on PS.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 5:38:33 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Loving it! I was disappointed about the dispute over Men''s figure skating gold vs silver metal. It seems the losers always point fingers at the ''politics'', but come one! You know your sports when you commit your life to it. Play WITH the ''politics'', not whine about it!

Ditto. I didn''t think highly of Plushenko before with his vignette while he was driving around in Russia, but after this mess I have a few choice words about him and his arrogance that aren''t allowed on PS.

I know! When I saw him driving around St Petersburg talking sh*t like "my enemies are shaking right now knowing that I am going to compete again". I thought maybe his English was not good and he did not understand how strong those words he used were. NOW I know he really feels exactly the same way as conveyed by his language!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Loving it! I was disappointed about the dispute over Men''s figure skating gold vs silver metal. It seems the losers always point fingers at the ''politics'', but come one! You know your sports when you commit your life to it. Play WITH the ''politics'', not whine about it!

Ditto. I didn''t think highly of Plushenko before with his vignette while he was driving around in Russia, but after this mess I have a few choice words about him and his arrogance that aren''t allowed on PS.

haha, Plushie is not NEARLY as good as he thinks he is and he was way over-scored. and Johnny Weir way under-scored but admittedly I''ve been a fan of his for a long time
2.gif

I love skating, LOVE it. But the judging system and subjectivity are something I still struggle with and will probably continue to do so for all of time
3.gif
(it is all the worse when it is happening to you!!)

On another note, I am way excited for the US / Canada hockey game tomorrow. Our young American team is getting it together! It will be a shock and huge upset if they beat Canada. Hope it''s a great game!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2010 6:32:50 PM
Author: icekid

On another note, I am way excited for the US / Canada hockey game tomorrow. Our young American team is getting it together! It will be a shock and huge upset if they beat Canada. Hope it''s a great game!
HI:

Beat Canada? Pshaw......
9.gif
9.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Author: icekidOn another note, I am way excited for the US / Canada hockey game tomorrow. Our young American team is getting it together! It will be a shock and huge upset if they beat Canada. Hope it''s a great game!
Hehee!! There are you are icekid!!
9.gif
35.gif
Here comes another very exciting hockey moment, even though it is not for the cup or a medal. I am sooooooo excited too! It will be a very interesting game.
36.gif
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 5:36:15 PM
Author: hlmr

Author: icekidOn another note, I am way excited for the US / Canada hockey game tomorrow. Our young American team is getting it together! It will be a shock and huge upset if they beat Canada. Hope it''s a great game!
9.gif
35.gif
Here comes another very exciting hockey moment, even though it is not for the cup or a medal. I am sooooooo excited too! It will be a very interesting game.
36.gif
36.gif
Likewise! Loaded up on the beer and I''m nursing my voice to yell obscenities at the TV. I hope Brodeur brings his A-game today. Truth be told, the last game against the Swiss was so pathetic.

Go Crosby Go!

In other news, I went back to the Bay today to get a 2010 hoodie to match my Vancouver 2010 winter mitts. Sadly they''re ALL OUT.
39.gif
And they don''t expect to get any more in. Serves me right for sitting on my ass this long. SOOOO, I got a kids hoodie (for ages 10-12) - it''s a bit snug around the neck, but I''ll take it! Especially considering I paid much less for a kids sweater than I would''ve for adult.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
"Mother of Joannie Rochette, Canadian Olympic Athlete, Dies Suddenly"

Arrived to watch her daughter at Olympics and dies suddenly.This is so sad.
Maybe someone knows how to put a link to the full story here.My computer skills are not that great, but Im working on it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 5:48:21 PM
Author: kama_s

Date: 2/21/2010 5:36:15 PM
Author: hlmr

9.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Likewise! Loaded up on the beer and I''m nursing my voice to yell obscenities at the TV. I hope Brodeur brings his A-game today. Truth be told, the last game against the Swiss was so pathetic.

Go Crosby Go!

In other news, I went back to the Bay today to get a 2010 hoodie to match my Vancouver 2010 winter mitts. Sadly they''re ALL OUT.
39.gif
And they don''t expect to get any more in. Serves me right for sitting on my ass this long. SOOOO, I got a kids hoodie (for ages 10-12) - it''s a bit snug around the neck, but I''ll take it! Especially considering I paid much less for a kids sweater than I would''ve for adult.
HI:

Faced paced already!!! Cool loot Kama--my Mom just called from Vancourver and said they got mitts in but no more adult hoodies....

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 5:57:54 PM
Author: scarleta
''Mother of Joannie Rochette, Canadian Olympic Athlete, Dies Suddenly''

Arrived to watch her daughter at Olympics and dies suddenly.This is so sad.
Maybe someone knows how to put a link to the full story here.My computer skills are not that great, but Im working on it.
HI:

Very sad.
39.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 8:02:52 PM

Date: 2/21/2010 5:48:21 PM
Author: kama_s

Go Crosby Go!

39.gif
HI:

Faced paced already!!! Cool loot Kama--my Mom just called from Vancourver and said they got mitts in but no more adult hoodies....

cheers--Sharon
No kidding. This game is a friggin nail biter. I''m so stressed! Man, Miller is an excellent goalie. He''s been puck-blocking ALL night! Not bad for a (relative) rookie.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 6:59:04 PM

HI:

Beat Canada? Pshaw......
9.gif
9.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon
Not looking good 3-2 to the US at the end of the 2nd period.

Come on boys!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2010 9:20:53 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 2/20/2010 6:59:04 PM

HI:

Beat Canada? Pshaw......
9.gif
9.gif
41.gif

cheers--Sharon
Not looking good 3-2 to the US at the end of the 2nd period.

Come on boys!
The boys ARE palying well. Shots on goal are more than double the Americans. Brodeur needs to step-up and we just need to stop getting back-to-back penalties
29.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
4-2 - Oh flip!

I feel sick.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results