shape
carat
color
clarity

the last movie you saw that was any good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Notes on a Scandal with Judy Dench loved it loved it.so good she should have got the oscar rather than Helen Mirren.
But having said that The Queen was an excellent insight into the British Royals and I think they nailed the weakness of Charles but the the stregnth of the Queen
I also adored Little Miss Sunshine and Match point was typically stellar Woody Allen

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved Match Point too. Did you see the one with Scarlett J and Hugh J about the murder? Loved that one too, cannot remember the name. Woody is in it this time but he is funny and I enjoyed it.

I really want to see the Queen. I think it looked like she did a great job...she really took on the persona of the Queen from what little I know of her...

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:11:31 PM
Author: diamondfan
I loved Match Point too. Did you see the one with Scarlett J and Hugh J about the murder? Loved that one too, cannot remember the name. Woody is in it this time but he is funny and I enjoyed it.

I really want to see the Queen. I think it looked like she did a great job...she really took on the persona of the Queen from what little I know of her...
No I have''nt seen that one yet. i love Hugh and I always adore the characters that Woody plays. I read somewhere that Scarlett is his new muse.
The Queen was really interesting. Firstly Helen M really nailed the Queen in terms of look and mannersims. But she really played her in a sympathetic way. She was able to show the great sense of duty that Queen E has to her role as monarch and so her behaviour after Princess D death was more to do with her sense of duty and proteciton of her grandsons that being an uncaring cold woman.
Phillip and Charles however come across as the flawed individuals they are.
I firmly believe Charles will never be King and possibly this movie will be a factor in this.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
We just rented the Guardian (Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher). IT''s about being in the Coast Guard...I don''t want to tell too much.

I had zero interest in watching it, it was hubby''s choice, but it was a-mazing! It was really moving.

We also just saw Premonition yesterday (Sandra Bullock) and I enjoyed it- I love her- but the ending..I am still undecided.lol

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not think he will be King either, William will.

The movie is called Scoop and it is delightful light and fun...definitely worth renting or buying on demand if you have cable...

She is apparently his muse, I love her, she is curvy and definitely knows what works for her style wise. I also liked the movie with Topher Grace and Dennis Quaid that she was in, I think it was called In Good Company.

A movie that I love that no one has ever heard of is called The Big Picture with Kevin Bacon, it is about a film school hot shot and what it is like in H''wood when you have some "buzz" and what happens when the buzz dies down. It is a great movie.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Watched The Good Shepherd last night and it was quite loooong....well acted by Matt D, but I think it was a bit slow in places and they could have shortened it. Will watch Volver tonight.

cheers--Sharon

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
We saw Pan''s Labyrinth at the Uptown Theater in Minneapolis. It was awesome. I love how the father also had a romantic fairy tale also. And the monster with the eyes... o_O

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
We just made a "weekend" of going to Atlanta to see 300 in IMAX.

It was really great and many of the famous lines are from the actual historical battle. Visually it was an amazing epic movie one that we''ll add to our collection.

TCBug

Rough_Rock
(1) V for Vendetta. Makes you think; political; hope; love story. Not so much feel good.

(2) The Illusionsit -- Makes you think; love story; hope; period piece. Feel good.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aloros, your post about scores of delicious men in leather speedos had me in stitches!!
28.gif

We saw 300 last night, I rather enjoyed it, even around the distractions of torrents of testosterone and multiple 6 pack stomachs
31.gif
Despite all that FI liked it too... Gladiator is his all time favourite movie and any epic remotely similar, he likes. Definitely wasn''t as good as Gladiator but was visually very entertaining.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and oldest son saw it and loved it. I think Gladiator was better for sure, but this was a visually good film too...

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Little Miss Sunshine if you haven''t seen it yet and saw Blades of Glory last night, absolutely ridiculous and had us all dieing of laughter.

TCBug

Rough_Rock
Want to think? "V for Vendetta." Want to think less but see a good show with a lovely romance? "The Illusionist."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results