shape
carat
color
clarity

The kittens are here!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
They''re here! Wow, it''s been a hectic two days! They are a bundle of energy (and mischief). They wasted no time getting into everything - currently they''re in the bathroom (to keep them away from the kitchen and the hot stove) and I can here the boing-oing-oing sound of the metal thing on the door and them smacking it (and can hear them meowing to be let out!).

They are the most beautiful little boys though, and they''re just so cute. BF and I love them already (despite them thinking my hand is a toy to be scratched and chewed - Kipling is really bad at this - I''m trying to get him to stop). Both have gotten over some of their shyness with us - they slept on the couch cuddled up with us for a few hours earlier (though Dante is still a little shy with me; he''s taken to BF like a duck to water though). Kipling will come up and jump in my lap and be cute....and then claw my hand, lol. Suggestions on getting him to stop? I''m trying the "pick him up by the scruff of the neck, say NO loudly, and put him down" approach right now.

Anyway, dinner is on and we better hurry so we can let the boys out, lol. But for your viewing pleasure, pictures - there are a LOT!

P9270133.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dinner''s ready and I need to eat - more pictures when I''m done!

P9270142.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
OMG, BEG!!!!!! I was hoping you''d have them soon!!!!!
They are SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

More pics, please!!!!!!!

And the door stopper thing muse be a kitten thing...our new baby does that too!!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Aww your boys are so cute!!!

In my experience the whole "scratch your hand in play" thing is just part of the over-exhuberant kitten stage, so training probably isn''t necessary - they''ll grow out of it soon enough.
(As adults they''ll be way too dignified to even think of attacking your hand).

Definitly stop them before they start tearing your hand to shreds though!

Try coming at them with a small stuffed animal that they can realy wrestle with, that won''t mind their claws. Walk the toy towards one of them and then let go of it when he starts to grab it/dig his claws in. When he lets go of it, have the toy walk up to him again for another round.

I like toys on strings for realy energetic play, and things they can chase and attack - like very small crumpled paper balls (about half the size of a furry mouse) the size is key!

I love your kitties!!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
They are so cute. Love them!!!!

I would consider starting to clip their nails now. It is a lot easier to get them used to this as kittens.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

P9270145.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dante left, Kipling right

P9270149.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 10:01:28 PM
Author: packrat
Beautiful little boys!!!

Thanks Packrat!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 10:02:41 PM
Author: princessplease
OMG, BEG!!!!!! I was hoping you''d have them soon!!!!!

They are SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!

More pics, please!!!!!!!

And the door stopper thing muse be a kitten thing...our new baby does that too!!!!

Hahaha it''s so funny when they play with it. Thankfully not at night (knock on wood) when we''re trying to sleep! Do you have more pics of your kitten?
1.gif

And thanks! I can''t believe they''re finally here!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 10:14:12 PM
Author: HopeDream
Aww your boys are so cute!!!

In my experience the whole ''scratch your hand in play'' thing is just part of the over-exhuberant kitten stage, so training probably isn''t necessary - they''ll grow out of it soon enough.

(As adults they''ll be way too dignified to even think of attacking your hand).

Definitly stop them before they start tearing your hand to shreds though!

Try coming at them with a small stuffed animal that they can realy wrestle with, that won''t mind their claws. Walk the toy towards one of them and then let go of it when he starts to grab it/dig his claws in. When he lets go of it, have the toy walk up to him again for another round.

I like toys on strings for realy energetic play, and things they can chase and attack - like very small crumpled paper balls (about half the size of a furry mouse) the size is key!

I love your kitties!!!!!!

Oh gosh, I really really hope it''s a kitten thing! I''m definitely sporting some scratches already (though some of it is from them energetically using my leg as a springboard!). Thanks for the advice! Dante nearly shredded the feather wand thing the first time I used it - lol. But they''re loving the toy that has the ball going round and round and the nylon cube with holes in the side - that one is dented now. Time to shop for replacement toys!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 10:35:33 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
They are so cute. Love them!!!!

I would consider starting to clip their nails now. It is a lot easier to get them used to this as kittens.

Thanks!!

I''m definitely going to- I think the breeder has been clipping their nails already. BF and I are waiting a few more days though until they''re a lot more comfortable in their new home and with us, and we''ll just try to avoid claws until then
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 10:45:45 PM
Author: MC
Wow. Incredible looking kittens! Congrats on your new babies.
1.gif

Thank you MC!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dante yawning

P9270154.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kipling

P9270158.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
oops didn't attach last time

This is Kipling

P9270162a.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

P9270175.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Troublemaker....
3.gif

P9270177.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Playfighting...Kipling loves his little furball toy

P9270194.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Naptime!

P9270231.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dante curled up next to BF

P9270233.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Close-up of Dante

P9270234.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

P9270235.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
How cute! Great pictures!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, they are gorgeous!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sitting here, a mushy, drooling mess......
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so precious!!!!!!!

More pictures, please!!!

I''m afraid the scratching and biting is all a part of the kitten phase. DH and I have three cats that are about a year apart in age each, so for about 3-4 consecutive years we had scratches on our arms from exuberant kittens playing. They have all settled down and are very gentle with me and DH now. If they accidentally scratch or bite us now, I hiss at them (the same way a cat would hiss at another) and they settle down quickly.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
They are too cute. I get so excited when I know its a post about the boys and it has pictures. They put a smile on my face.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results