shape
carat
color
clarity

The HILLZ -- Young, Dumb, Engaged

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and sweatpea - i totally LOVE LOVE LOVE rock of love too!
wow, wait, did i just admit that out loud?!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, good to know I''m not the only Rock of Love fan. *blushes* My boyfriend got me hooked on VH1''s bad dating shows (yes, I''ve actually seen every episode of I Love New York. I''m not proud of that.)

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
haha. I love rock of love too. I was bummed yesterday when it was just a half hour clip show.

But you know what really freaks me out? The show on MTV called "Life of Ryan". I haven''t watched too much of it, usually just see it when I''m flipping through the channels...but apparently it''s about some 17 year old skater kid. On the show they do these flashbacks that show home videos from when he was little, and it always says something like "1998" on the bottom right of the screen. FREAKY!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 10:39:01 PM
Author: decodelighted
Wheeeeeeeee! HILLZ!!!!! No spoilers but --- I *loved* the last scene with Lauren. AIN''T *THAT* THE TRUTH!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

And did anyone else notice a certain underaged 12-stepper SLURRING his/her words???
20.gif
I sure hope his/her PAROLE officer is watching!
11.gif
31.gif
38.gif
Deco I totally noticed this, and it made me really sad. Is his fiancee ok with this? Obviously her love isn''t "helping" him, which I think is how US weekly put it a few weeks ago.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay first of all I thought Heidi wanted a LOOONG engagement?
38.gif
Registering and shopping for dresses is NOT taking things slow. What is this about Spencer not telling his parents? Hmmmm....he must be into it
20.gif
And Jen is now Heidi''s BFF??? Makes no sense. I love how she was questioning her at the bridal shop. Jason''s engagement won''t last. They don''t even know each other. I don''t think I even knew DH''s middle name at 6 months! I am glad that Lauren seems to be alright with it. I think it is good she has moved on.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I personally think that the whole dress shopping/registering thing is all for show. They know they''re under scrutiny about whether the engagement is "real" so they''re doing this stuff to try and add credibility to their relationship. This WON''T last. Although, I guess it wouldn''t surprise me if they were stupid enough to actually get married so they wouldn''t have to admit how WRONG the whole thing is...I hope it doesn''t go that far.

I also noticed the slurring, re-wound (love those DVR''s) a couple times to catch it again. Also, did you notice during that same scene how Katja (new "FI") comes out to the deck and starts clinging on Jason. She''s obviously very immature and insecure because she can''t handle them talking alone. Then she proceeds to move to Jason''s other side, in between him and lauren, and then turns her back towards lauren to completely cut off the converstaion. RUDE!!!!!

I can''t wait til next week...Possible spoiler here....I hope Elodie won''t really be leaving
emsad.gif
Someone has to put Heidi in her place. If she does leave, I hope she moves on to bigger and better things, and I hope she''s still a part of the show.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 3:53:39 PM
Author: BriBee
I personally think that the whole dress shopping/registering thing is all for show. They know they''re under scrutiny about whether the engagement is ''real'' so they''re doing this stuff to try and add credibility to their relationship. This WON''T last. Although, I guess it wouldn''t surprise me if they were stupid enough to actually get married so they wouldn''t have to admit how WRONG the whole thing is...I hope it doesn''t go that far.

I also noticed the slurring, re-wound (love those DVR''s) a couple times to catch it again. Also, did you notice during that same scene how Katja (new ''FI'') comes out to the deck and starts clinging on Jason. She''s obviously very immature and insecure because she can''t handle them talking alone. Then she proceeds to move to Jason''s other side, in between him and lauren, and then turns her back towards lauren to completely cut off the converstaion. RUDE!!!!!

I can''t wait til next week...Possible spoiler here....I hope Elodie won''t really be leaving
emsad.gif
Someone has to put Heidi in her place. If she does leave, I hope she moves on to bigger and better things, and I hope she''s still a part of the show.

Oooooh, that made me angry! My BF has a "friend" that does that to me and all I can think is how rude it is. That girl is so insecure it actually hurts to watch her.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 4:08:38 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 9/25/2007 3:53:39 PM
I personally think that the whole dress shopping/registering thing is all for show. They know they''re under scrutiny about whether the engagement is ''real'' so they''re doing this stuff to try and add credibility to their relationship. This WON''T last. Although, I guess it wouldn''t surprise me if they were stupid enough to actually get married so they wouldn''t have to admit how WRONG the whole thing is...I hope it doesn''t go that far.

I also noticed the slurring, re-wound (love those DVR''s) a couple times to catch it again. Also, did you notice during that same scene how Katja (new ''FI'') comes out to the deck and starts clinging on Jason. She''s obviously very immature and insecure because she can''t handle them talking alone. Then she proceeds to move to Jason''s other side, in between him and lauren, and then turns her back towards lauren to completely cut off the converstaion. RUDE!!!!!

emsad.gif

Oooooh, that made me angry! My BF has a ''friend'' that does that to me and all I can think is how rude it is. That girl is so insecure it actually hurts to watch her.
I noticed this too! I wish the show was an hour long, it''s so great!

I totally felt bad for whitney too -- if I were in her position, I''d be really tempted to do the same as she did even though it''d be at least "Frowned Upon". It was a good lesson to learn though for her, I really like her and hope she continues to do well.

I was kinda suprised about next week''s preview of Lauren with Brody, but maybe he''ll clean up his act and be good with her.

Spencer not telling his family is def a bad sign. I see break-up not too far in the future, and I think he''ll break it off and then turn super mean and kick her out on her own because he just seems the type to suddenly change and be like "get out of my life" since he''s so scuzzy and selfish.

We''ll see...

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2007 11:12:53 PM
Author: luckystar112
haha. I love rock of love too. I was bummed yesterday when it was just a half hour clip show.
I was too -- I think he should end up with Heather even though I like Jess better as a person. I just think Jess could do better while he''s probably the best Heather could do. And I dont think he''s that bad a guy, he actually seems nice, but he''s an 80s rocker who will still want to go out and hook up with girls and heather would prob be the most open to that...I think she even said that...

But, I digress...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK ladies what are your thoughts? I confess that although what Elodie did was borderline crappy, I thought it was hilarious!! Not sure what to think about Brody at this point...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fell asleep in the middle of it! Right as Heidi "told" Elodie that she would be covering for her. Did she not show up!?!?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. let me get this straight. Heidi doesn''t love Spencer because she has to go do her JOB?? What psycho.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Funny things about this episode and surrounding this episode:

1) "I just saw Lo''s Britney!"
2) Brody had "no idea" the girls were going to surprise him. He thought the camera guys just wanted to hang out with him in a room for a while.
3.gif
(Sorry...I get it from FI!!! I''ll stop.)
3) FI and I were watching the begininng of the show (before the "unwritten" song starts playing) and as soon as the song started he switched it to Monday night football. I continued singing the song, and when I was finished I go "switch it back, it''s on!!!" because I know they don''t go to commercial there. FI thought I was crazy when he switched the channel and it lined up perfectly. lol. I''m such a dork.
4) Spencer getting mad at Heidi because she had to leave was pretty lame. Actually, I can''t tell if he was mad at her or Elodie/the situation.
5) During that scene, FI goes "Why does that guy''s mouth bother me?" LOL!!! CAUSE HE''S A T-REX!
6) I found it weird that Elodie gave her notice but no one knew until it was the last day. I wonder if MTV is getting annoyed because Lauren isn''t playing up the whoe "feud" thing as much as Heidi? And Heidi and Spencer are kind of boring....like REALLY boring, so it''s almost like they had to create drama to make it worth paying them. lol. Seriously....they stay home or go out to eat. That''s their life. It''s like me and FI! lol! Except we don''t try to get on TV.

So, was that it for Jason? No more?
Notice how at the end of the episode they said "This season on The Hills" instead of "Next week on the hills". What does that mean? Is it over????
34.gif
I hope not because it looked extremely interesting with the whole Heidi/Brody/Jen Bunny videotape scandal finger pointing party!!!
9.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Did you watch it online?
Spolier alert---Basically Heidi asked Elodie to cover for her since it was her anniversary. She said yes, and was totally being sarcastic during the convo. So then Heidi and Spencer are at dinner and someone from the event calls Heidi and asks where she is, and she says Elodie was supposed to be there, and the girl tells her Elodie quit and already finished her last day.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea I went online and watched the second half. I''m sorry, but I live for the drama of Spencer and Heidi, it''s so entertaining.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ok so i was wrong about the whole jason not proposing on tv thing...

moving on...

specer scares the crap out of me, i dunno but he does especially last night when heidi got the call and says she has to go and shes like i love you and hes like no you dont, he almost seemed serious about that....

i did think it was funny how heidi busted on him for not working...HA

and honestly i think she got what she deserved with elodie not showing up...because she left bolt house...

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 1:10:12 PM
Author: emilina22
ok so i was wrong about the whole jason not proposing on tv thing...

moving on...

specer scares the crap out of me, i dunno but he does especially last night when heidi got the call and says she has to go and shes like i love you and hes like no you dont, he almost seemed serious about that....

i did think it was funny how heidi busted on him for not working...HA

and honestly i think she got what she deserved with elodie not showing up...because she left bolt house...
Yeah...I was thinking the same thing!! He is a nut. Obviously he is NOT a man with a real job and responsiblities. And he''s fugly to boot!

Gotta love Elodie though...I would have never had the nerve to do something like that, but it was fun to watch
27.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure Spencer WAS serious about Heidi "not loving him" if she bailed on their anny dinner to avert work catastrophes. Because he is a sniviling CHILD. (Not that it matters -- but they''d spent the whole day together already ... at the spa etc ... the dinner was just the CLOSING EVENT of their anniversary day
20.gif
)

Their whole relationship is as shallow & fake as the veneers on their horsey teeth. All that sing-song-y "Isn''t she an ANGEL??" and dripping-with-sarcasm "politeness" they use on each other .. FAKEY FAKE FAKERY!!! Blech
14.gif
And, the minute things don''t go his way -- his rage pops out: When Heidi paints over his "suprise mural" (which I keep thinking of during all the threads where a guy insists the ring she doesn''t want is "best" for his lady -- so she can be suprised with the proposal
23.gif
) ... when Heidi''s parents question why he ran Lauren off .... and now, when Heidi (god forbid) has a work crisis! Repsonsibilities? What are those? She''s not just Working Girl Barbie that he gets to take out & dress in cute "office" outfits?? She has to zoom off in her Pink Plastic Corvette WITHOUT him? Horrors! Why do I suspect he was sobbing out his problems in the rack or crack of a stripper later that evening. Female or *male* stripper -- that''s my ONLY question.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Deco, that was great!!! Was anyone else surprised about his choice of restaurant for their "special" anniversary dinner? I mean really, mexican food?? Who want''s to eat that and then go get romantic together??

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
coming from a guy who picked her engagement ring out as if it were an ice cream flavor...

i wasnt very shocked that he didnt go all out for their special dinner....

i gt the feeling that he takes everything as a joke, i see no serious bone in his body..unless it involves him having something negative to say about lauren...or if he doesnt get his way...

i mean you guys saw how he acted during their trip to register..he didnt care much for it...

i really really prefer brody AND even jason over spencer the human horse!!

im actually curious about next weeks episode, anyone else?

im sorry to say but this season is soo good!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spencer has SO many issues! First off he won''t tell his parents he is engaged
20.gif
Probably b/c he KNOWS this isn''t going to work. They have only known each other for a year. Second did you notice the Heidi''s snide comment about at least she has a job?
23.gif
Maybe he will be "cut off" once he is married. I guess it is true we never see him work. I think yes what Elodie did was immature but she was angry (and has a right to be). I don''t think it was that mean since it is ultimately Heidi''s problem (if things go wrong). Maybe I am a guy here but I don''t see what the big deal with dating annys are anyways. If work comes up celebrate the next night. Big deal!

Not sure what I think about the whole Brody and Lauren thing. I can''t see HIS motivation to spread the sex tape rumors. Why would he? Guys don''t usually do stuff like that. It has Heidi written ALL over it.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
OK, first things first, but I REALLY REALLY need Spencer to shave whatever it is that he's growing on his face because every time I see it, I throw up a little bit in my mouth.
I was a little bit disappointed in Elodie for telling Heidi she would cover for her, and then not showing up. I still love Elodie, but I think she should have been the bigger person and just told Heidi up front that she wouldn't do it. Also, when the previews said "this season on the hills..." I think it's because we're about half way through the season. I'm pretty sure they said it will be 18 episodes, and last night was number 9 if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps there will be a little hiatus like many shows do mid-season (although I really hope not, Hills withdrawls and all).
I personally think that Brody is HOT
30.gif
and would love to see him and Lauren make a go of it. It's true what was mentioned on the episode that the only fights they have usually involve the drama of OTHER people. If they could just get over that I think they'd be great. PS...did anyone notice Lo and Frankie making out in Vegas. I'm sure it was just a drunken Vegas thing, but still funny.
One thing that I keep thinking about (as Spencer avoids telling his parents about the engagement) is that I keep hearing on interviews and things that Heidi and Spencer "practically live with Spencer's parents..." So maybe this is a development we'll see this season. Maybe Heidi loses her job or Spencer gets cut off or who knows, but why would they live with his parents?
Well, can't wait for more Hills drama next week!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 5:07:18 PM
OK, first things first, but I REALLY REALLY need Spencer to shave whatever it is that he''s growing on his face because every time I see it, I throw up a little bit in my mouth.
I was a little bit disappointed in Elodie for telling Heidi she would cover for her, and then not showing up. I still love Elodie, but I think she should have been the bigger person and just told Heidi up front that she wouldn''t do it. Also, when the previews said ''this season on the hills...'' I think it''s because we''re about half way through the season. I''m pretty sure they said it will be 18 episodes, and last night was number 9 if I''m not mistaken. Perhaps there will be a little hiatus like many shows do mid-season (although I really hope not, Hills withdrawls and all).
30.gif
and would love to see him and Lauren make a go of it. It''s true what was mentioned on the episode that the only fights they have usually involve the drama of OTHER people. If they could just get over that I think they''d be great. PS...did anyone notice Lo and Frankie making out in Vegas. I''m sure it was just a drunken Vegas thing, but still funny.
One thing that I keep thinking about (as Spencer avoids telling his parents about the engagement) is that I keep hearing on interviews and things that Heidi and Spencer ''practically live with Spencer''s parents...'' So maybe this is a development we''ll see this season. Maybe Heidi loses her job or Spencer gets cut off or who knows, but why would they live with his parents?
Well, can''t wait for more Hills drama next week!
See...that''s what doesn''t make sense. She said that on the MTV aftershow which aired the weekend OF THE EMMYS...if I''m not mistaken. Then we see the show and they still have that apartment. Maybe she meant it in a "we''re over there all the time, we practically live there!" type thing. But it''s weird.

Oh, and as for Spencer''s "job", he was Brody''s manager. Which is why I was kind of weirded out when he asked to borrow Brody''s credit card. lol.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 5:07:18 PM
OK, first things first, but I REALLY REALLY need Spencer to shave whatever it is that he''s growing on his face because every time I see it, I throw up a little bit in my mouth.
I was a little bit disappointed in Elodie for telling Heidi she would cover for her, and then not showing up. I still love Elodie, but I think she should have been the bigger person and just told Heidi up front that she wouldn''t do it. Also, when the previews said ''this season on the hills...'' I think it''s because we''re about half way through the season. I''m pretty sure they said it will be 18 episodes, and last night was number 9 if I''m not mistaken. Perhaps there will be a little hiatus like many shows do mid-season (although I really hope not, Hills withdrawls and all).
30.gif
and would love to see him and Lauren make a go of it. It''s true what was mentioned on the episode that the only fights they have usually involve the drama of OTHER people. If they could just get over that I think they''d be great. PS...did anyone notice Lo and Frankie making out in Vegas. I''m sure it was just a drunken Vegas thing, but still funny.
One thing that I keep thinking about (as Spencer avoids telling his parents about the engagement) is that I keep hearing on interviews and things that Heidi and Spencer ''practically live with Spencer''s parents...'' So maybe this is a development we''ll see this season. Maybe Heidi loses her job or Spencer gets cut off or who knows, but why would they live with his parents?
Well, can''t wait for more Hills drama next week!
Ditto on the disgusting facial pubes! Gross!
14.gif
I thought it was funny that no one in the episode even commented on Lo and Frankie making out...maybe they''re just drunken makeout buddies. I really hope there''s no hiatus planned, cause after that teaser, I''m definitely hooked!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why does Brody need a manager?!?!???

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
brody probably doesnt need one but he most likely felt bad for the loser and said here ill give you a job....

but i guess its not working out to well for him now is it?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 8:27:14 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Why does Brody need a manager?!?!???
IIRC ... didn't Brody have his own reality show .. "Sons of Hollywood" or something like that? Was it Spencer's idea?? Vague memory ...

ETA: Nope ... wasn't him. Then I have NO IDEA why Brody needs a "manager" HA!

EETA: UPDATE!!! Brody is launching a Line of JEWELRY!!!???!!!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
32.gif

EEETA: I was "right" ... kind of ... the show was "Princes of Malibu" and guess who was an "Executive Producer"???
6.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Deco! Spencer has a lot of fans!
20.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that whatever is on Spencer''s face has gots to go! It looks white!!!
23.gif
32.gif
Weird... Anyway, when he took Heidi that Mexican restaurant...which seems to be the only one they ever seem to go to....I thought wow, that is so unoriginal and pathetic. When I first got there, I thought he may have made the situation better by arranging it so that they were the only two in the restaurant (it looked like nobody else was there), but then as the dinner continued, the place filled up and there were people everywhere! So, once again, it was a typical night at Don Antonio''s for the two love birds!

BTW, did anyone read about how Lauren and Stephen (from Laguna Beach) have been seen out together? I wonder if those two are getting back together???
33.gif

Chels7

Rough_Rock
I read the Spencer''s job is being Heidi''s manager .... "Spencer also stepped in as Heidi''s manager, publicist, and agent, and has produced several tracks on her upcoming debut album and (reportedly) convinced her to get plastic surgery on her nose and breasts, shaping her into perfect L.A. material. "

Oh and they have expressed interest in doing a spin-off show about their wedding. Yea I wonder if anyone will take them up on that project?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results