shape
carat
color
clarity

the basis of stormish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn''t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Is the condition actually called Typoglycemia or is that an anagram/distortion as well?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a riot Storm, that was cool.

widget

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Anazimg! I had no tbrolue rindeag taht!

weigdt

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that really is amazing...cool storm

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, really interesting. Although, maybe I''m just odd, but reading that, I did have to pause once or twice to figure out what the next word was.

JC

Shiny_Rock
That is so cool. I actually read that just as fast and clearly as if every word was spelled correctly. Amazing how the mind works.......

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is bizarro and i could read it. at first i was like oh boy what is this but then when i started to read it, it made sense. either we are all nuts or it''s normal. hehehe.

something interesting that i learned from the dog book the other day which this post reminded me of is the sense of smell that dogs have and how it differs from ours not just in how keen it is but how it can separate smells. they compared it to the human vision..dogs apparently don''t have great vision which is why their sense of smell is so important.

they noted that a dog can separate smells that are layered on top of each other or thrown together in one area. that''s why they are so great at tracking. they can sense if someone or something was there and discount all other smells to just focus on that particular one. they likened it to when you walk into a room (a human) and you see three or four items on the blanket with a wild pattern. your eye has no problem picking out the items on the blanket, aka book, eyeglasses, bowl, etc. your mind separates them out right away from the pattern of the blanket and can focus on one. that is how a dog''s scent of smell works. they will know if 10 other people or dogs have run over that same area and still be able to follow it, even days later.

the book also has some great stuff on dogs starting to scent cancer and things like that based upon one person''s breath being different than another person''s etc....i am reading it slowly but it''s very interesting.

anyway didn''t mean to take away from the love of strmish but i just read this and it reminded me of that area in the book where they talked about scent vs vision for the dog mind vs humans!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s interesting Mara. I know when I first started reading it I was like what the heck is Storm up to now, haha.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results