shape
carat
color
clarity

The alternate reality of Trump voters

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best part about Trump winning was to watch Rachel Maddow sobbing on live TV...PRICELESS!! ... :appl: :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This poll Maddow is touting needs to be reviewed especially the methodology. Some of the questions are asinine and an attempt to mock voters. Employment numbers are not true unless you take into account the U5 and U6 numbers. I view her "commentary" the same a Hannity, both are far on the left or right. She is not a news source. If the media keeps this fervor up they are contributing to division and derision.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

And these stats are now earth shattering? The Trump voter didn't care before the election, and now you are expecting them to care after the election? Who is it who isn't accepting reality? Maybe Rachael Maddow?

I watched that segment last nite and wondered why Rachael seemed more upset than warranted. I turned her off, her soliloquies
are tiring after a while. She is smart, but too far left for me.

Annette

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Draining the swamp and turning it into a superfund toxic waste site.

fox_meet_henhouse.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

air_force_one.jpeg

smell_freedom.jpeg

opportunist_of_the_year.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump is a pathological liar who will use the job to line his own pockets and those of his buddies in big business. The average US citizen that voted for him doesn't want to accept that a guy with a golden lift, golden loo that has been bankrupt a number of times, avoids tax legally because he makes so much he can, and throws $1000+ a head parties that he and now probably the tax payers will be paying for isn't going to be a standup guy.

After all he promised to stand up for and listen to them, the forgotten and silent majority. They like watching reality TV so that makes him more "real." They don't see the irony in voting for a guy that has changed his stance not to mention his own personal views on topics like abortion, immigration (it's O.K for him to use cheap Mexican labour and under pay them to build his buildings but now he wants to send them home), and gun control and a host of other more liberal views he used to have. He even started attending far right Christian church so all the conservative Christians would vote for him towards the end of the election campaign.

The guy can and will say and do anything for fame and money. I think the bitter truth is that at the core a lot of Americans, particularly white men, but some women too, share the same appalling values he has, they have never been allowed to say the sexist racist hate filled crap (due to political correctness that they don't in fact like) that is in their hearts and now finally they have someone who represents them that will.

When I saw the hats and T-shirts and stickers that said "Make America Hate Again" that pretty well summed it up.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1481357922|4106057 said:
Trump is a pathological liar who will use the job to line his own pockets and those of his buddies in big business. The average US citizen that voted for him doesn't want to accept that a guy with a golden lift, golden loo that has been bankrupt a number of times, avoids tax legally because he makes so much he can, and throws $1000+ a head parties that he and now probably the tax payers will be paying for isn't going to be a standup guy.

After all he promised to stand up for and listen to them, the forgotten and silent majority. They like watching reality TV so that makes him more "real." They don't see the irony in voting for a guy that has changed his stance not to mention his own personal views on topics like abortion, immigration (it's O.K for him to use cheap Mexican labour and under pay them to build his buildings but now he wants to send them home), and gun control and a host of other more liberal views he used to have. He even started attending far right Christian church so all the conservative Christians would vote for him towards the end of the election campaign.

The guy can and will say and do anything for fame and money. I think the bitter truth is that at the core a lot of Americans, particularly white men, but some women too, share the same appalling values he has, they have never been allowed to say the sexist racist hate filled crap (due to political correctness that they don't in fact like) that is in their hearts and now finally they have someone who represents them that will.

When I saw the hats and T-shirts and stickers that said "Make America Hate Again" that pretty well summed it up.

Everything you ever needed to know about super-white rural/"fly-over" America. By a guy who was raised Mormon in a small town in SE Idaho, but got out, both of the mindset and the place. He is passionate, articulate, highly educated, and pitiless in his analysis. I've known this stuff on a certain level for a long time, since my city is more properly still very small town in attitude (the rural tendrils run deep into "town" here) but was never able to properly articulate it, nor have I had the energy, quite frankly. So I'm not going to try now, but will simply post these links.

One and three on the following list are particularly pointed.

On Rural America: Understanding Isn’t The Problem
http://forsetti.tumblr.com/post/153181757500/on-rural-america-understanding-isnt-the-problem

On Rural America: Understanding the Backlash
http://forsetti.tumblr.com/post/153775718520/on-rural-america-understanding-the-backlash

On Urban Blight & Rural Hypocrisy
http://forsetti.tumblr.com/post/153861228410/on-urban-blight-rural-hypocrisy

On Progressive Politics: It’s the Strategy, Stupid
http://forsetti.tumblr.com/post/153947197225/on-progressive-politics-its-the-strategy-stupid

On Becoming Forsetti
http://forsetti.tumblr.com/post/153479165350/on-becoming-forsetti

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That guy is bitter about his upbringing and certainly does not speak for me or the people in my area, and I have surely spent my time around the dregs of society. I don't even go to church nor do many people I know. You lump all who did not vote for Clinton in this group? You have your opinion and you can keep it. That is just like me telling all of PS and all who voted for Hillary that they are elitist city dwellers who want to push their agenda down everyone's throat, or are lazy and on welfare. It could not possibly be that she was a terrible scheming liar of a candidate?

BTW I am glad that as many people that you would consider hicks or stupid came out to vote so I do not have to endure Clinton. Lets try something else for a CHANGE.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The things that Forsetti links to and says on his FB page - he is a far left angry loon with his hair on fire. His writings make more sense to me now for sure.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point I don't think conservatives even know exactly what they're conserving anymore.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

So, every appointment is bad? (referring to Matatas post).

1. Sec. of Labor is against the Fed minimum wage of 15.00. He believes in states rights for the determination of wages. Its pretty much always been that way. Mississippi pays less, Conn. pays more. McDonalds, as an example has been doing this for many years.
Since when have these jobs been meant to sustain families. They have been part time jobs for students, and do add to the well being of middle class families and poorer families as the student, whether high school or college can maintain some expenses themselves. Lifts a burden on families.

2. Dept of Education. She is "against the public schools". Who isn't? But, she is for the student. If she thinks charter schools are better and she can get a good result. more power to her. IMO, initially the school could do more, but my belief is that the core of the terrible problems in the public system sit with the values in the home, primarily. Some core values need changing.

3.DEpt of energy.-- Trump wants to resurrect the coal industry and keep nuclear alive.(promise to coal miners) This appointment goes backward and is very poor.IMO.

4. The Generals.--all retired and private citizens now. By this time in Obamas appointments he had also chosen 3 Generals.

5. Goldman Sachs has been providing Gov't talent for many administrations. We have been lucky to have them. Billionaires are selected not for the money but for leadership qualities.

On the whole there have been mostly good selections. Gen Flynn and Dept of Energy are????. Thank God, Rudy Guiliani is out.

Thanks,

Annette

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481383846|4106099 said:
That guy is bitter about his upbringing and certainly does not speak for me or the people in my area, and I have surely spent my time around the dregs of society. I don't even go to church nor do many people I know. You lump all who did not vote for Clinton in this group? You have your opinion and you can keep it. That is just like me telling all of PS and all who voted for Hillary that they are elitist city dwellers who want to push their agenda down everyone's throat, or are lazy and on welfare. It could not possibly be that she was a terrible scheming liar of a candidate?

BTW I am glad that as many people that you would consider hicks or stupid came out to vote so I do not have to endure Clinton. Lets try something else for a CHANGE.

Your consistent replies of "it doesn't happen in my area/to me/to people I know" are tiresome as is your constant hammering of your pointless position that "it happens on the democratic side too and Clinton is just as bad if not worse". If it doesn't happen in your area/to you/to people you know then it apparently doesn't happen anywhere. And, yeah, both sides of the aisle have bad people who have done and will do bad things. Those points do not present a sound argument for Trump nor against those who do not support him.

You use those two excuses to try to deflect and deflate the reality that Trump does not represent change. He is simply a different kind of bad. Even the worst of those in government today have a line they won't cross; even the worst have a modicum of integrity. Trump lacks integrity. You can deny all you want, cast aspersions on the other side, point out the failings of Dems and liberals but you cannot change the reality of a president-elect who has no qualifications to govern and no interest in learning. The people who will run this country are those Trump has chosen for his cabinet and that should scare the bejeezus out of all of us. You and others said we should wait and see before judging his abilities to govern. We have seen enough to date and he is as bad as we feared he would be.

The change you so hoped for is a narcissistic liar with no integrity who lacks a moral compass. That you think one who is so blatant in his lies and changes of position, who treats government as though it's a monopoly game represents change is delusional. That you have pointed out the same weaknesses in the Dems and embrace it in Trump is hypocrisy.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

KSinger- We are not even pricescope compadres, but I do think of you and hope you are doing well. I have a similar problem where the myelin(SP) has been destroyed by an injury to the spinal cord, whereas your illness comes from the brain. I've been in a wheelchair for 20 yrs. I truly hope you are not too down and can carry on. I have been meaning to tell you that.

Annette

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

trump_cabinet.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1481388701|4106117 said:

Your consistent replies of "it doesn't happen in my area/to me/to people I know" are tiresome as is your constant hammering of your pointless position that "it happens on the democratic side too and Clinton is just as bad if not worse". If it doesn't happen in your area/to you/to people you know then it apparently doesn't happen anywhere. And, yeah, both sides of the aisle have bad people who have done and will do bad things. Those points do not present a sound argument for Trump nor against those who do not support him.

You use those two excuses to try to deflect and deflate the reality that Trump does not represent change. He is simply a different kind of bad. Even the worst of those in government today have a line they won't cross; even the worst have a modicum of integrity. Trump lacks integrity. You can deny all you want, cast aspersions on the other side, point out the failings of Dems and liberals but you cannot change the reality of a president-elect who has no qualifications to govern and no interest in learning. The people who will run this country are those Trump has chosen for his cabinet and that should scare the bejeezus out of all of us. You and others said we should wait and see before judging his abilities to govern. We have seen enough to date and he is as bad as we feared he would be.

The change you so hoped for is a narcissistic liar with no integrity who lacks a moral compass. That you think one who is so blatant in his lies and changes of position, who treats government as though it's a monopoly game represents change is delusional. That you have pointed out the same weaknesses in the Dems and embrace it in Trump is hypocrisy.

Trump will be President nonetheless. I agree with Annette on cabinet choices though I do not know enough about Flynn to have an opinion. I would surely like someone who knows how to manage for all of these positions. :wavey:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1481389018|4106118 said:
Hi,

KSinger- We are not even pricescope compadres, but I do think of you and hope you are doing well. I have a similar problem where the myelin(SP) has been destroyed by an injury to the spinal cord, whereas your illness comes from the brain. I've been in a wheelchair for 20 yrs. I truly hope you are not too down and can carry on. I have been meaning to tell you that.

Annette

Thanks Annette, you're kind to remember. I rarely mention it, so I figure the times I have, it went past, and that's always fine. The posts I make on PS are never intended as soliciting support of any kind. I'm pretty tough, and fortunate enough to have a good support system IRL. But I know how it is when you can personally relate, and I'm sorry you can relate enough to remember about me, :(sad and that you're in a wheelchair. I hope it's a supercharged one that goes fast! ;-) I'm not there yet, and hopefully never. I've been lucky (?) so far in that it's stayed in my brain in spots that can be routed around some, and seems to be moving slowly (except for the fatigue). The spine is generally worse I know, with no rerouting possible.

Anyway, never fear, I'm doing pretty well. Just don't have the energy to write the old PS tomes anymore. :)

Thanks again.

Karen

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1481389982|4106122 said:
Former supreme court justice Souter on civic ignorance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWcVtWennr0

What does this say about schools today? I had the civics classes he spoke of in 8th and 11th grade. It was a requirement. Now?

BTW on the cartoon above - what are all the asterisks for anti-LGBT? There are a shit-ton of people who don't give a damn who you sleep with but don't you dare suppose to force me to agree with it. Those are two entirely different things. Like the idiot on Buzzfeed who went after the Fixer Upper couple, what a nasty piece of work she is. That kind of shit has to stop. What does anti-LGBT even mean? Do you know for a fact that all of these people want to run out and change all the rules to put people back in the closet? Or do they just not agree with it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karen, I miss your PS tomes very much!
You have one of best minds and hearts here on PS. :love:

Best wishes on your health.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karen, nice to hear from you.. :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am not a city dweller, so now we have a minority of voters pushing their agenda down my throat, I do not like that at all. And she was not a scheming liar, but she was screwed by Trump loving Russians.. terrible thing was done to her.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1481403994|4106172 said:

I am not a city dweller, so now we have a minority of voters pushing their agenda down my throat, I do not like that at all. And she was not a scheming liar, but she was screwed by Trump loving Russians.. terrible thing was done to her.

T you know I don't think that and that is why it was a comparison of stupid generalizations about a group of people. Hopefully you will come around, we shall see. :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ksinger - I get it, I looked at the articles and I think I got it before I read them, being on the outside looking in, it's probably easier to see similar things as observed by the author. After the election result I also get the fact that in many areas, it was as much about people voting against Hillary (and a backlash against the establishment) because she was so unpopular as it was about Trump winning.

Redwood - I've seen you make some pretty interesting generalisations about welfare recipients and welfare cheats in the past. Your country has elected a man devoid of both a moral and ethical compass to the highest office in the world. You and DF may not have directly voted for him but you seem to be really happy/comfortable with that. I, and lots of people on this forum are not.....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what generalizations regarding welfare you are talking about. If you mean that I believe there should be a time limit or work requirement or something of that nature then you are right. Otherwise please explain or remind me. I am comfortable with the outcome and I am sorry that others are not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results