shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2010 PS Holiday Tree Thread

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone interested?

If yours is already up, post pics! If not, I thought it would be fun to say in advance what the theme/colors of your tree will be, then when it's up, quote your post and show the tree!

Mine will be my "free" craigslist tree again. I got the free tree in July 2009 when some guy broke up with his girlfriend and said on craigslist "all I'm left with is this stupid tree." I had a friend grab it from his curb.

Tree will be red and gold...new for this year is some gold scarfing ribbon I picked up and gold shatterproof ornaments.

My tree will go up next Thursday after thanksgiving dinner, so pics then.

What's your tree gonna be about this year?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, yes--everyone, please post pictures! Give a Jewish girl something to look at.
I have the worst Christmas envy every year. This is going to be my favorite thread.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ours is not up. I am battling with my family for a theme. We all like something different. I am insanely traditional with Christmas colors. I like gold red and green. So on the tree I prefer gold, red and green ornaments with white lights. My sister likes colored lights... which (no offense to others) I think are hideous. My grandfather likes the winter wonderland theme of white silver and blue. I'd go with his idea, as it is my second choice. I do NOT want colored lights on our tree at the house. We have been rotating tree styles at each house (which is stupid b/c I don't live at my mom's so when am I ever going to see the tree done like I like?).

In the end though, I suppose it is Christmas with my family and that is what counts the most.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't afford a new theme every year! It'll be the same ol' tree with the same ol' ornaments! I do mine in red and gold. But you better believe each ornament was specially hand-picked to be on the tree.

One year I shall splurge and do my dream silver and blue tree.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We're buying a new tree this year. Our old tree is a pre-lit tree. Nothing wrong with it except that the lights are bright as heck so we're going with a non pre-lit tree.

We've always only done red and gold mainly because I'm too lazy to go out and get new ornaments. This year I'd like to change it up but I don't know to what. I think I'd like to do something with white. Maybe white and red? White and silver? IDK.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Ours is a 7 ft. slender pre-lit tree we snagged on sale at Target last year. I'll have to find the photos we took last Christmas, because I think (in all modesty) it was the perfect tree, beautifully decorated. :bigsmile:

It has 3 different looking boughs, very real looking pine cones, and an almost rustic woodland look and feel. We decorated with mostly earthy tones of burgundy, gold, mossy green, etc. I wound a wired gold shimmery 2" ribbon through the branches before hanging the ornaments. We may have had a gold bead garland too; I can't remember.

The cat, who is 12, had never been around a full length tree before last year. She was fascinated by it, and would sit on the back of the couch just gazing at it for hours when it was plugged in.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1290105942|2771549 said:
I can't afford a new theme every year! It'll be the same ol' tree with the same ol' ornaments! I do mine in red and gold. But you better believe each ornament was specially hand-picked to be on the tree.

I think silver and blue trees are gorgeous.

Ours is red and gold because that's what they had at Costco at the time!

I'm going to enjoy a nice tree while I can, because soon I'll have to use multi colored lights and have ugly ornaments that my kid made all over it!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I just moved into our new house a few weeks ago and I am so excited to get a tree! It will be my first live tree ever, I grew up with an artificial.

Funny story...my mother hasn't taken her tree down since Christmas 2008. She said it's too much work now that all her kids are out of the house and so she just keeps it up year round.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stephb0lt|1290106229|2771567 said:
DH and I just moved into our new house a few weeks ago and I am so excited to get a tree! It will be my first live tree ever, I grew up with an artificial.

Funny story...my mother hasn't taken her tree down since Christmas 2008. She said it's too much work now that all her kids are out of the house and so she just keeps it up year round.

Hahahaha, your mum is awesome!

I love real trees, and what an amazing way to celebrate your new house!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

There was a woman I know who did that...kept it up for YEARS. It started out as a full tree, but over the years it got weight down by the ornaments or something so it ended up looking like a pencil.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1290106206|2771564 said:

I'm going to enjoy a nice tree while I can, because soon I'll have to use multi colored lights and have ugly ornaments that my kid made all over it!

You can always tell A that the best ornaments have to go on the BACK of the tree for the outside world to see (if your tree is next to a window). ;))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1290106434|2771576 said:

You can always tell A that the best ornaments have to go on the BACK of the tree for the outside world to see (if your tree is next to a window). ;))

Thank you, I'll file this away for future use. :lol:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

That reminds me of an absolutely HIDEOUS ornament I was forced to make for my mother in 1st grade. Remember when egg cartons were pressed fiberboard, kinda cardboardy? Well, we cut them, strung a bell on yarn through the top egg cradle, glued the bottom egg cradle on so that it formed an open in the middle ornament. Mine was painted a gross orange, and it had green yarn glued around the edges where it came together. I cannot possible explain how really awful this thing was. God bless my parents for hanging it on the tree. They had to have been horrified. :shock:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

You'll love it :Up_to_something:

My mom is really picky with her tree. She does a special theme each year and decorates it very carefully. Her tree is always beautiful. And right smack in the middle of this beautifully decorated tree is this uglyass ornament that I made in the 7th grade. It's huge, has 6 layers of fabric that don't match, pins sticking out of it, ribbon tied around it, and to hang it up a rubber band. Every year since the 7th grade, that ornament has stayed in that spot :cheeky:

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
kama_s|1290106361|2771571 said:

Hahahaha, your mum is awesome!

I love real trees, and what an amazing way to celebrate your new house!

She does change out the topper with the holidays though...hearts for valentine's day, shamrocks for st. patrick's, and on down the line.

I love your silver and blue idea! DH's mom gave us all of his childhood ornaments so I'm guessing our tree will be a hodgepodge of those.

Does anyone put tinsel on their tree? I adore it but with three pets it's a no-no.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
We have a new house this year and will be getting a real tree too. I'm excited about this because we have extra high ceilings. Also my DH inherited this train set when his grandfather passed away so that will be around it as well!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Is anyone else a total nazi about the way the tree is shaped?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
:appl: I am so very excited about putting up our tree! You will have to wait until Dec for pics though as the room isn't floored yet! All in good time.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I. WANT. PICTURES.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1290110578|2771686 said:
I. WANT. PICTURES.

Patience. Patience.

It isn't even Thanksgiving yet. Geez.

:bigsmile:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I will post pictures of our trees, yes plural. There's talk about a third tree this season too. The better half wants to decorate now, I think Thanksgiving deserves it's own time in the house. But next Friday, it's free game :D

Anyone else have multiple trees?

Here's a teaser from last Xmas. Our littlest tree (our first tree from our first year living together) (Just for you Haven)

100_2665.png

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
But . . . ;(
My local radio station is already playing Christmas music, and so I'm ready for Christmas trees NOW! ;( ;( ;(

It is very difficult to have to live vicariously through PATIENT people. I am already wearing my wool coat and gloves, everyone, and I'm listening to Christmas music every day, and yet you refuse to put up your trees!?

I have resorted to wandering through Hobby Lobby after work, pretending that I'm walking down my street. I. NEED. CHRISTMAS. TREES. NOW.

ETA: Davi--My savior! Thank you.
I want to curl up in your photograph. Your home looks lovely.
At least someone cares.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Davi - Can I come have Christmas at your house?

Haven - You are cracking me up.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
One more hit of the Christmas pipe for you Haven.

(I'm only posting these because they'll be completely different this year as we've rearranged everything :D )

100_2674.png

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Davi, I love it!

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pictures Davi!

I'm a Christmas junkie and cannot wait to put up my tree the day after Thanksgiving. Last year I did silver, blue and purple and it was really pretty, but I think this year I'm going for a multicolored, fun look. I haven't really decided yet...

I had my fingers crossed for a real tree this year, but FI is a grinch and said I have to use my pre-lit. Bah humbug.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1290111769|2771720 said:

(I'm only posting these because they'll be completely different this year as we've rearranged everything :D )
OHHHHH man . . . yeah . . . that's what I'm talking about.
Totally blissin' out now, Davi. Thanks for the hit, man, I owe you. That was AMAZING.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1290117276|2771875 said:

OHHHHH man . . . yeah . . . that's what I'm talking about.
Totally blissin' out now, Davi. Thanks for the hit, man, I owe you. That was AMAZING.

And the pics were done with "warm glow" as well.

People, when you take pics of your tree this season, get a tripod (little ones are cheap) and nix the flash! Flash kills warm glow! I need me that warm glooooooooooow...........

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Are you available for travel?

My Christmas 'decorating' (at my house- parents is a totally different story) consists of hanging an ornament that I got a few years back on my key hook by my front door and putting my Philly Eagles Nutcracker on display.

I know you are wondering, where do you get all the energy to do such a strenuous decorating job??? What can I say? I guess I am just an overachiever.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are some of mine from last year. We will be having our A Christmas Story marathon/decorating day on Sunday, so I'll post more then.

10938_184613793164_615598164_3000602_359966_n.jpg

ss.jpg

ry=480.jpg

18445_258411193164_615598164_3339354_5364613_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results