shape
carat
color
clarity

Ta Daaaaaa!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Are you theatrical?

By which I mean; are you or have you ever been part of a theatre/performing group?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. I have really bad stage fright, and even though I'm a teacher, I don't like speaking in front of others. My sister and I are completely different, though. She's an actress, performer, writer, etc., and she loves it.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Yup. Still am. Sketch comedy for the most part (with some improv, musical theater, and drama to keep me busy) here in the Windy City.

I am also a drama queen, but I choose to think the two are unrelated. ;-)

What about you?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
jas said:
Yup. Still am. Sketch comedy for the most part (with some improv, musical theater, and drama to keep me busy) here in the Windy City.

I am also a drama queen, but I choose to think the two are unrelated. ;-)

What about you?

I think I was born without a love of the performing arts. I competed up to the age of about 12 in poetry competitions and the like and did really well most of the time but I found it boring. Just not my thing. One of my neighbour is really into his local theatre and greatly enjoys it; I look at him and wonder what I am missing; how can he get to enjoy it so much when it does nothing for me.

So I would love to know if PS'ers are a theatrical bunch or not. And if not, why not.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am not really an actress, although I am actually pretty good. I was in a lot of plays in high school but somehow always got the part of the whore, even in plays that weren't supposed to have them. I was studious and guys were too afraid to ask me out, so it was quite the joke. That is actually how I got my username; it was my nickname in high school as sort of an ironic thing.

I was an Irish step dancer and did well in Feis (dance contests). I would love to compete again, but I have to do it through a school and the only one in town does not take people above 12.

I have not been interested in acting outside school. I liked it, but for the time commitment, there are other things I would rather be doing.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drama queen? Yes. Actress? No - I'm way too shy and awkward for that.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I used to be.
I did alot of drama classes and productions when I was younger and was really into it.

As a teenager I think I grew out of the desire to be the centre or attention and quit preforming because I no longer enjoyed it.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I was very involved in community and school theater and music groups while growing up. I stopped when I was in college. I wouldn't say I'm a theatrical person by personality, I'm not really a drama queen, but I do love acting, singing and dancing.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I was a ballet dancer for 16 years. I was told by a teacher at one point that I could probably go professional if I pursued it, but my heart just wasn't in it and I couldn't see myself becoming a teacher if I got too old to dance (or injured). I also made a living during college as a wedding singer. Did a lot of funerals, too!

I participated in some student/independent films and was in many many local theater productions as a singer/dancer/actor. ETA: scratch that. Fave role was definitely Sandy in GREASE! I was 17, it was so much fun.

In the end, I just didn't have the heart for it once I hit a certain age, but am still a great supporter of arts. I love going to the ballet and theater, I absolutely adore musicals and if my daughter ever wanted to dance I'd be thrilled.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely! I was in theater throughout high school and college and even hoped to open a children's theater upon graduation! I ended up changing majors in the end but it's still something I would love to do. My husband participates in community theater as well as the city chorale where we live. I've also had 17 years of ballet training :)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yup I am, I was big into musicals in school and uni, and am involved in the local mucical society now. I performed more in college than I do now, I sang and played piano at amateur concerts, in bars etc. I still do a few gigs every now and then with a local band, for 21sts and parties etc.

I'm not theatrical in day to day life though. My dramatic flair is reserved for the stage.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in the orchestra when I was in elementary-high school. I did perform in the pit orchestra for musicals.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was a costume design major in undergrad, so my answer is: most definitely, yes!

I miss the days of staying up until 4 to finish altering and pressing costumes, the smell of wardrobe spray, eight second changes, the all-night strikes followed by the best cast parties ever . . . ah, the good old days.

My college friends are the coolest group of people ever.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I did speech and theater and dance and choir for most of my young life.

I only quit because it became abundantly clear that I'm just not that talented.

Back in 2008 I was in the law school musical and had a ton of fun so I tried out for the accapella group (Scales of Justice!) my 3L year and didn't get in. When I told a friend he looked at me surprised and said "I didn't know they rejected anyone!" I may or may not have gone home and cried...

Honestly, I would love to still perform. I LOVE performing. I LOVE being the center of attention on stage. These days the closest thing I've got is Moot Court. The only thing that appeals to me about being a trial lawyer is having an audience!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. High School Drama. And Choir. Miss it terribly. I watched Wicked and all I could think of was... how much I wanted to be on that stage!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I did choir from 8th-10th grades. I loved it and I'm decent at it (I think I do better sight-singing and knowing what the notes are versus karaoke, which I suck at immensely) but after a while, I moved on to other things. I was in a play in 8th grade too! A bit part :razz: I had tons of fun but acting is definitely not for me!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I've never been into acting, but I love to sing. I was in school and church choirs throughout my life. I currently lead worship at my church. There's 2 female vocals( of which I'm one ) and 2 male vocals, bass, guitar, and drummer and keyboard player. Only about 5-6 people on the stage on any given week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results