shape
carat
color
clarity

swapping my diamonds for your Hermes bags?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering whether I should put up a thread on Pre-loved to ask if anyone would be interested in swapping their Hermes bags (Birkins preferably) with my diamonds? I have a few diamonds (both loose and set) available.

It's so hard to sell diamonds these days. And I imagine those with Hermes bags might find it difficult to sell them too. Where I live, it's impossible to buy these bags directly from Hermes and they cost an arm and a leg on the secondhand market (which is rife with counterfeits anyway). This way, we'd also avoid having to pay a large commission to a middle man. Of course, there are logistics issues to be sorted out, but the first thing to do is to find out if anyone is interested.

What do you all think of the idea?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
#firstworldproblems

:)

But really, sounds like a good idea!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were the bags graded by GIA or EGL?

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix,
I MAY be interested! Is there any possible way for us to communicate outside this forum? :wink2:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh Phoenix i wish i had Hermes bags to trade with you :bigsmile: ive just discovered Hermes myself (2 scarves so far is it) and i think its possibly a more expensive hobby than jewellery!

I do hope you'll post any Hermes you get out of this ;))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1349048301|3277079 said:
Phoenix,
I MAY be interested! Is there any possible way for us to communicate outside this forum? :wink2:

I'm going to put up a thread in Pre-loved. You can then send me a message on my link.

Thx.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a collector of both diamonds and Hermes bags, I would never trade a diamond for a purse. The purse will wear out and be worthless in time, but the diamond will never wear out and will always have value.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux|1349189747|3278046 said:
As a collector of both diamonds and Hermes bags, I would never trade a diamond for a purse. The purse will wear out and be worthless in time, but the diamond will never wear out and will always have value.

:appl: that's my excuse for every jewelry purchase.. :wink2: except I don't collect (can't afford) Hermes bags.

When people drink haterade or roll their eyes at my purchases, I point to their Louboutins and their designer purses and say something similar to your last line :naughty:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Louboutins = WANT in RED!!! :naughty: THREAD JACK!!!!! :devil:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesparklies|1349208915|3278209 said:
:) no idea......shouldn't leave the iPad on where the kids are sitting!

LMFAO!!!! I was looking at your prior post, thinking, "Did she get hacked by a broken spam bot?"

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would like to do a swap...my Birkin for a Kelly. The B hardly ever gets any action and just sits in my closet!

Any chance of your lovely pear up for trade and then some? :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1349215429|3278264 said:
I would like to do a swap...my Birkin for a Kelly. The B hardly ever gets any action and just sits in my closet!

Alexis, what size and colour is your Birkin? I have a Fauve Tadelakt Kelly 32cm which I hardly ever use.

I am quite fond of my pear these days, so it'd have to be an exotic Birkin to entice me, ha ha! :wink2: maybe if it's a crocodile or lizard or even ostrich Birkin in 25cm or 30cm, and I'd prefer a brigher colour like pink or orange or red (I already have a Rouge Vif Birkin but it's in Gulliver).

ETA: I also love bright blue's (like Bleu Electrique, Bleu Sapphire and even Brighton Blue) and Violet.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1349274409|3278639 said:

Alexis, what size and colour are your Birkin? I have a Fauve Tadelakt Kelly 32cm which I hardly ever use.

I am quite fond of my pear these days, so it'd have to be an exotic Birkin to entice me, ha ha! :wink2: maybe if it's a crocodile or lizard or even ostrich Birkin in 25cm or 30cm, and I'd prefer a brigher colour like pink or orange or red (I already have a Rouge Vif Birkin but it's in Gulliver).

ETA: I also love bright blue's (like Bleu Electrique, Bleu Sapphire and even Brighton Blue) and Violet.

It's a 35 gold clemence Birkin. I love how tadelakt seems to display colors beautifully, but am constantly afraid of getting caught in the rain/snow unprepared :knockout: Which also explains why as much as I love the idea of a black croc Kelly it is never going to happen! Have to say Hermes does colors very well - your Rouge Vif must be stunning! Bleu Electrique would be absolutely amazing :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1349277136|3278666 said:
Phoenix|1349274409|3278639 said:

Alexis, what size and colour are your Birkin? I have a Fauve Tadelakt Kelly 32cm which I hardly ever use.

It's a 35 gold clemence Birkin. I love how tadelakt seems to display colors beautifully, but am constantly afraid of getting caught in the rain/snow unprepared :knockout: Which also explains why as much as I love the idea of a black croc Kelly it is never going to happen! Have to say Hermes does colors very well - your Rouge Vif must be stunning! Bleu Electrique would be absolutely amazing :love:

Oh, that's too bad (for me)! :blackeye: The 35cm size is too large for my 5'2" frame! Yes, living in Singapore I am always afraid of the rain when I carry my Hermes, though I always carry a raincover when I have my Hermes with me; and I am rarely seen without an umnbrella (for both the rain and the scorching sun here!).

Hermes does colours AMAZINGLY! That's one of the things that attract me to their bags. BE and Violet are the Holy Grails of colours - YUUMMM!! :lickout:

My RV is beautiful...ha ha! :wink2: . I love her! :love:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know! Their colors are absolutely stunning...I am a very "safe" dresser (my work wardrobe is mostly white, black, blue and gray) but I would take a Rouge Garance or BIeu Electrique anyday :love: have heard it is almost impossible to get a Birkin or Kelly in Singapore unless you are a VIP or socialite over there?

And on an aside, since you have a pear and round 3 carater, what made you decide to go for a 5 carat round instead of a 5 carat pear?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1349281542|3278695 said:
I know! Their colors are absolutely stunning...I am a very "safe" dresser (my work wardrobe is mostly white, black, blue and gray) but I would take a Rouge Garance or BIeu Electrique anyday :love: have heard it is almost impossible to get a Birkin or Kelly in Singapore unless you are a VIP or socialite over there?

And on an aside, since you have a pear and round 3 carater, what made you decide to go for a 5 carat round instead of a 5 carat pear?

Ha ha, my wardrobe - work or otherwise - is basically black and more black. Even when I work, I tend to just wear black dresses or black suits with a white or pink+white blouse, and of coourse black shoes. I was thinking *just* the other day I needed to inject some colours into my wardrobe, which now consists of some 90% black items, 7-8% red or pink and the rest other colours. I find that precisely *because* my clothes are mostly black, I love carrying brigher colour Hermes to brighen up my outfits.

Yes, it's TOTALLY impossible to get a Birkin or Kelly in Singapore if you're just an "ordinary person". I actually know someone who's a VVIP who buys like 10 B's and K's a year. She's been their long term customer for over 10 years now. A GF is also a VIP but not quite VVIP or VVVIP and she only gets allocated 2 Birkins a year by Hermes. Hermes also makes their customers buy other stuff like crockery, linen, clothes etc..in addition to these bags in order to maintain their VVIP (or whatever) status. It's really ridicolous!! The same is true in the UK - I go back once or twice a year and I always go to Hermes whenever I go back there but am never successful.

I'd really like to sell the 3ct RB actually. It seems a bit of a "waste" to have that in addition to the 5ct, particularly when it's not even worn (hasn't been worn for about 4 years now). DH wants me to keep it since it's his 10th WA present to me. I guess I am not too sentimental.

I actually seriously considered a large pear on BN. It was an E colour and had measurements like 15-16mm by 13-14mm, but BN wanted me to pay for it first before I could have it appraised. So that was that (but I guess if I'd really wanted to, I could've asked Perry to source a large pear for me). Besides, selling such a large pear later would've been near-impossible. So in the end, I selected the "safer route" of a modern RB, you might say. FYI, I also considered some antique cuts and EC's but the boring and conventional MRB won, lol. I guess I am just not very adventurous! :loopy:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lol, I know what you mean! for the longest time I used to wear black all the time...it's only over the last few months that I have started branching out to other "safe" colors.

Back in the day one might get lucky at Hermes Madison Ave or Wall Street, but there's no such thing anymore :mad: And the prices on the resale market is insane: see why don't we have that for our diamonds!

Is your DH not partial to using the 3 carat as a trade for the 5? So in a way it is still a gift from him to you...

I know what you mean about the round vs pear debate because I have done that in my head so many times. The practical side of me says: bigger round because it's much easier to sell, on the other hand a part of me wants to indulge and say go for the pear. Knowing me it is likely I might like a different shape 10 years down the road, so who knows where this will lead. I also like OECs because of the chunky facets, but like a pear, the resale market for it is probably much smaller.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix,
I did not see your thread in Pre-loved; perhaps I didn't look in right place??
At any rate, my B is also 35 (gold Togo) so it doesn't sound like it would work with your search and in your lifestyle. 35 cm IS heavy for sure (I rationalize that I'm building muscle!! Lol)
Wow your VVIP friend must have serious eye candy to ogle-- can she help you to acquire the bag on your wish list?
Best of luck in your search!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1349307383|3278908 said:
lol, I know what you mean! for the longest time I used to wear black all the time...it's only over the last few months that I have started branching out to other "safe" colors.

Back in the day one might get lucky at Hermes Madison Ave or Wall Street, but there's no such thing anymore :mad: And the prices on the resale market is insane: see why don't we have that for our diamonds!

Is your DH not partial to using the 3 carat as a trade for the 5? So in a way it is still a gift from him to you...

I know what you mean about the round vs pear debate because I have done that in my head so many times. The practical side of me says: bigger round because it's much easier to sell, on the other hand a part of me wants to indulge and say go for the pear. Knowing me it is likely I might like a different shape 10 years down the road, so who knows where this will lead. I also like OECs because of the chunky facets, but like a pear, the resale market for it is probably much smaller.

Well, the 5ct is also a present from DH, but he's particularly attached to the 3ct for some reason, lol! To be honest, I think eventually we will sell the 3ct and put the funds to some other use.

RE the pear, the way I justify having my pear is this: I wear it a lot, and by "a lot" I mean practically everyday. I don't know yet how often I will wear the 5ct but it's soooooo much more expensive and am almost scared to wear it, in case something might happen to it - touch wood! The pear on the other hand was a much less expensive purchase and I figure that if I somehow damaged that, my heart wouldn't break as much (it would but not to the same extent). I do have insurance on all my pieces but you know how it is trying to claim for something! :rolleyes: Anyway, what I am trying to say is, life is too short, if you can afford it and you're going to love the heck out of it and wear it everyday/ very often, then why not? ... even if it's a 5ct pear and it's a boatload of money, again if you can afford it, why the heck not, lol!! :devil: :wink2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1349360558|3279259 said:
Phoenix,
I did not see your thread in Pre-loved; perhaps I didn't look in right place??
At any rate, my B is also 35 (gold Togo) so it doesn't sound like it would work with your search and in your lifestyle. 35 cm IS heavy for sure (I rationalize that I'm building muscle!! Lol)
Wow your VVIP friend must have serious eye candy to ogle-- can she help you to acquire the bag on your wish list?
Best of luck in your search!!

I am sorry, I haven't put up the thread yet. I haven't got round to deciding which pieces to really let go off (am getting a bit attached to them, lol) and haven't taken all the relevant photos yet. Anyway, that's my excuse, lol! :cheeky: :wink2:

Yes, a B35 would be far too big for my tiny frame. Gold is really lovely. I wish it were a smaller bag.

The VVIP is not really my friend, she's just a contact/ someone I know casually. Anyway, I'd be reluctant to ask my friends to help. Birkins and Kellys are so rare and coveted in this part of the world, nobody really wants to help anybody. If anything, they'd only sell the bags onto others. My VIP friend has about 20 bags (some she bought on the secondhand market for double the orignal Hermes pricing) and she's also having trouble letting go of them. She knows she's hanging onto a ridiculous amount of money (she's only 31) and she wants to sell some but she can't seem to be able to do it...kind of like me with my diamonds, ha ha!! :tongue:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
No problem on the thread Phoenix; I'm technologically incompetent and assumed I was doing something wrong!! :twirl:

I have heard about how difficult it is to acquire B/Ks in your part of the world (which seems really crazy doesn't it? :confused: ). I wish I could help you! I am no VIP by any stretch of the imagination; I am the most ordinary of "ordinary" people, but I do have a sweet SA at Hermes in a city that is not big on Hermes (certainly in comparison to Singapore.) I could let my SA know what you are looking for? (I'm just thinking out loud and not sure about logistics.)

Good luck! :wavey:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I just looked on ebay the last few days at second hand luxury goods. ebay Hermes has a number of Birkens and Kellys(is). You might wat to check that. I then went to Michael Kors and saw a similar bag to the Kelly(not quite the same) at a cost of about $300.00.
Yes i know you want the brand , but for anyone else, who is like me, take a look at the Michael Kors on Ebay.

I hope you getyour Birken.

Annette

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1349362544|3279284 said:
No problem on the thread Phoenix; I'm technologically incompetent and assumed I was doing something wrong!! :twirl:

I have heard about how difficult it is to acquire B/Ks in your part of the world (which seems really crazy doesn't it? :confused: ). I wish I could help you! I am no VIP by any stretch of the imagination; I am the most ordinary of "ordinary" people, but I do have a sweet SA at Hermes in a city that is not big on Hermes (certainly in comparison to Singapore.) I could let my SA know what you are looking for? (I'm just thinking out loud and not sure about logistics.)

Good luck! :wavey:

I am sure you're not!:)

That's so kind of you. I'd really appreciate it. DH is going to the US in a few weeks' time, if a suitable Birkin comes up by then, he could bring it back for me. I could pay by wire. Other logistics could be discussed as and when...

I'd love a B30 (or a B25) in Tosca, pink (any kind), orange or Feu, BE or Violet. Am not fused about leather but if I had to choose, I'd say Togo.

That'd be totally fabulous, thank you! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1349364951|3279309 said:
Hi,

I just looked on ebay the last few days at second hand luxury goods. ebay Hermes has a number of Birkens and Kellys(is). You might wat to check that. I then went to Michael Kors and saw a similar bag to the Kelly(not quite the same) at a cost of about $300.00.
Yes i know you want the brand , but for anyone else, who is like me, take a look at the Michael Kors on Ebay.

I hope you getyour Birken.

Annette

Thank you, Annette. eBay is full of counterfeits and am kind of an eBay "virgin" so am quite reluctant to go that route (as most likely I wouldn't be able to differentiate between an extremely good fake and the real McCoy!). Besides, secondhand Birkins go for practically double Hermes original prices! :-o

mol42

Shiny_Rock
[/quote]I am sure you're not!:)

That's so kind of you. I'd really appreciate it. DH is going to the US in a few weeks' time, if a suitable Birkin comes up by then, he could bring it back for me. I could pay by wire. Other logistics could be discussed as and when...

I'd love a B30 (or a B25) in Tosca, pink (any kind), orange or Feu, BE or Violet. Am not fused about leather but if I had to choose, I'd say Togo.

That'd be totally fabulous, thank you! :))[/quote]

Phoenix-

My SA showed me a bag in Tosca about 3 months ago, but it was a 35cm Kelly. It was gorgeous but I thought it was a bit too big. I will ask him about your colors. I don't want to get your hopes up; you know how Hermes is-- bags trickle in at odd times and it is pure luck to find your exact specs at the right moment. But it doesn't hurt to try!!! :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you're not!:)

That'd be totally fabulous, thank you! :))[/quote]

Phoenix-

My SA showed me a bag in Tosca about 3 months ago, but it was a 35cm Kelly. It was gorgeous but I thought it was a bit too big. I will ask him about your colors. I don't want to get your hopes up; you know how Hermes is-- bags trickle in at odd times and it is pure luck to find your exact specs at the right moment. But it doesn't hurt to try!!! :wavey:[/quote]

Mol, that's soooo super-sweet of you. Really appreciate it. No worries if nothing comes up - I do know how it is with Hermes, trying to obtain the (almost) unobtainable, lol!

Thanks so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results