shape
carat
color
clarity

Survived a Pterional Craniotomy and a Brain tumor removal.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Re: Survived a Pterional Craniotomy and a Brain tumor remova

Cflutist,

So sorry that you have been through this trauma, but happy that you had an excellent team of physicians working for you. Much dust during your recovery and enjoy the drugs while they are legal (my old boss once told me this, I thought it was an excellent recommendation to pass on whenever I can).

Sending virtual hugs your way...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Oh my gosh Cflutist! I am so sorry to hear about your medical problems, but it sounds like you received excellent care. Sending you best wishes and healing vibes for a speedy recovery.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well good grief CFlutist...I bet you are glad to done with that and home again! I think you deserve anything your little
heart desires!

Dust for continued healing!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry to hear your news and I'm sending lots of dust to help with your recovery. May it be speedy and thorough! And in the meantime being distracted by thoughts of a 6 carat CGI diamond can only help!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am just constantly awed by technology and the abilities of the medical profession.

I am also completely awed at you, who a mere five days after such invasive and life threatening surgery is at home, chewing and posting online to us (hopefully not at the same time)! My admiration for your attitude, courage, and stoicism is boundless. Sending dust, healing energy, prayers, thoughts, visions of beautiful flowers, colored gemstones, and diamonds. I hope you let us collectively lift you up and give you strength. Please rest and take it step by step.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad you're doing well. You deserve an entire jewelry store for what you went through.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Big hugs & best wishes. What a horrifying experience you've been through :errrr:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow Cflutist-you have been thru so much! Sending much recovery dust!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad that you are ok!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a big beautiful diamond!!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is a lot of belated and much earned dust coming your way. I'm so glad you had a successful surgey.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dust for a speedy and full recovery! Enjoy the heck out of those diamonds in the meantime, big hugs and love from NY!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:o Oh my goodness cflutist, you should have told us! I'm so happy you made it through and are on the mend. You absolutely deserve anything your heart desires. I'm sending lots of healing dust so that you're recovery is quick and painless!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh. My. Word. :o What an ordeal, so sorry, yet glad it all turned out well. You are past that huge bump in the road, headed toward lhe light at the end of the tunnel! Rest & then more rest. Sending huge dust & healing thoughts your way!! :wavey:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh, my - what a thing to go through! You've been so strong and so brave ... I think you deserve the CBI, too! Sending you all my best wishes for a fast recovery .....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh, cflutist, I can't believe after that ordeal you are even posting! I am so sorry you have had to go through that, and so happy to hear of your excellent outcome! I'd say, a 6 ct. CBI is a minimum. Please take care of yourself and take it easy. Much healing dust and prayers coming for your complete recovery. I hope you have someone there with you helping you.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Holy Mackeral! That is a major ordeal!

Sorry to hear my Pear Buddy is going through this! :nono:

Sending healing dust your way, hoping you'll feel like your old self soon. Who knew feeling normal was something to aspire to?

You will soon feel like a 100% and glad to hear it went well.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OMG! So sad to hear you had to go through this. :(sad And wonderful at the same time that you came through surgery & are well enough to post. Progress will take some time as your surgeon has mentioned. And I'm thrilled for you that you could put on your gorgeous bling right away. :dance: My thoughts are with you for a full & speedy recovery. :))

Judy

PS...I would start figuring out what kind of setting you want for that N stone. :sun:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you all for your kind words. Going through this really put my life in perspective, so many things are just "small stuff". I spent the last month researching pterional craniotomies (you can watch actual surgeries on YouTube), learning about the Mayfield clamp which caused the 3 divots on my head (found the other two today after I finally got to wash the matted blood from my hair), setting up an Advanced Directive, adding dear hubby (who used to post here as Websailor) as Payable upon Death on my personal savings accounts, and Transfer upon Death to my personal brokerage accounts (mine prior to marriage) . All of these things made me painfully aware of my mortality. Would I ever be able to play the flute again?

Thought I could sleep though the night last night after taking an oxycodone pain med, but woke up with a throbbing headache at 2 am. Neurosurgeon said to expect the pain to last 1 - 2 months. Also have a swollen right eye where they peeled my scalp back, and associated pressure but one of the nurses told me that I was lucky to not also have a bruise on my face. Then there is the issue of the aching jaw.

As far as a 6ct N CBI, I was just kidding with Wink about it. Both he, John, and Paul know me well enough that if I were to upgrade my current CBI diamond, that it would be to a cut to order 3+ F VS2/SI1.

Thank you for the continued "dust", as it does lift my spirits during this difficult time of my life, but I am eternally grateful to my neurosurgeon for getting 99% of the tumor without nicking any blood vessels or nerves nearby.

The follow up MRI shows that it is gone and that it was probably benign, but we are still waiting for the pathology report because there is a very slight possibility of some atypical cells mixed in there.

I get my 53 staples out on Thursday and will continue to look like Frankenstein until then. It is a 9.25" incision that curves from the front of my ear over my forehead. Several friends have teased that I got a facelift for free.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looking forward to reading of your recovery... new diamond is definitely in order.

:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, Cheryl-

I knew that you were facing some kind of procedure from your contribution to the thread on whether anesthesiologists were physicians who had failed to become surgeons. I would never have dreamed that you faced a surgery this serious, however. I am so sorry that you went through it without our support...and yet I completely understand why you did that. Sometimes I cannot bear to talk about the most painful things in my life here, even though I chatter away about the mundane.

You had to be very brave. I hope that you can find some peace now. I also hope that you can find friendship and solace on Pricescope.

Big hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cflutist,

I noticed you had not been posting but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine you were going thru all this. So so happy to hear your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery. Many hugs to you and your dear husband. Hopefully you will be back here often while you recover. You most certainly deserve a new diamond after all this!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock

Sending you hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery. May you regain your strength and feel better soon.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

I hope you are doing will today and that Websailor is a good nurse for you!

nurse.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

All the best to you healing well and quickly. You are so right that the severity of this surgery puts you back in focus as to what's really important :angel:

(((((((((((((((((soft hugs)))))))))))))

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I'm a bit late to this thread, so sorry to hear what you've been through, and sincere wishes for a swift recovery!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cflutist - you inspire us with your courage and resilience! Just wanted to express my support and give you my best wishes for a swift and complete recovery. Rest up now! HUGS.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cflutist! You never said a word about this! What a shock to read what you've been through while the rest of us were noodling around on PS taking life for granted.
I'm so glad you are OK and well enough & alert to at least write to let us know what you've just been through.
sending love and a big hug to you!
write when you can.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Unbelievable what you went through and how strong you have been and how soon you are back to PS. I think this is the scariest type of surgery, for sure it is, you never know how you will be affected, if you remain the same type of person or what abilities may suffer depending on the location of the tumor and of course please, please update us about the pathology report. I felt sick just reading this. It does put things into perspective because one starts thinking that no matter what they are going through it is nothing compared to this.

I think you most definitely deserve a new diamond or new something bling, a vacation once you are better and lots of fun and treats in your life, whatever they may be for you, going out with hubby to eat, shopping, friends, etc. I hope you do get your heart's desire but also that most importantly your pain goes away as fast as it can, headaches are so debilitating. Please take it easy and I am also joining others in sending you lots of healing dust. Keep us posted, will you?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

cflutist|1426554975|3848294 said:
All of these things made me painfully aware of my mortality. Would I ever be able to play the flute again?...I get my 53 staples out on Thursday and will continue to look like Frankenstein until then. It is a 9.25" incision that curves from the front of my ear over my forehead. Several friends have teased that I got a facelift for free.

You definitely realize that life is so precious especially when you have gone through something like this. I am so sorry that you are in pain! Try to sleep as much as you can.

I had 2 craniotomies- one when I was 25 and then again when I was 27. My scar starts by my ear and follows my hairline also. You will heal. Most people don't know that I have ever gone through something like this until I tell them and I then have to point the scar out to them. I am 42 now ( :shhh: ) so I am sure that the advances in this field over the last 15-17 years ensure that your scar is bound to be unnoticeable once the swelling goes down. When you are able, enjoy the wigs in every color and style that you ever thought might look good on you, but were too timid to try!

Will you play the flute again? I believe so. I can only give you that advice based on my experience. I was unaware that I had been living with pressure in my head until the tumor was removed. I found that after the operation I could think more clearly and problem solve better and quicker. Things were much easier for me after I had the surgery.

Please keep us posted with updates.

I hope that my comments are encouraging to you. I know that it is a bizarre and sometimes frightening time, but you will get through it!

Continuing to pray for a speedy, restful and quick recovery!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cflutist, I hate to hear what you went through but I am glad to hear your surgery went well and you are home and wearing your beautiful jewelry. You deserve any diamond your heart desires. :wavey: Sending you mega get well dust.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results