shape
carat
color
clarity

Surgery DONE!-got any "done''s" you want to share?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Gail, yes I have seen it and it grosses me out too. I took my kids to Chilis for lunch yesterday and our waiter had his ear like that. I had trouble not staring at it!

Julia, I hope it heals well for you! I SO want to get my other holes closed up! Its bugging me more each day.

Oh and here is something that kinda freaked me out, or got me all pissed at myself for something I did almost 20 years ago. I put my earrings on yesterday without a mirror, and was HORRIFIED to realize that one of my studs was in the second hole by accident! When I put them it, the earring just slipped in normally. I thought that hole was long closed up since its been at least 13 or 14 years since I have worn an earring in it. But nope, when I was in a hurry and then later looked in the mirror and saw where the earring was I got so disgusted I just took the earrings out and put them away.

I don''t think I can enjoy any earrings until I get my ears fixed. I''m not an OCD personality type at all but when I look in the mirror all I see is those extra holes. AND it completely takes away from enjoying my diamond studs. Into the box to collect dust!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gail
35.gif

I actually have a female friend who has her ears pierced like that. I believe they''re called "plugs." I don''t think the actual piercing part hurts more than normal (they use a hollow needle like they would for your belly button or a cartelidge piercing), but I would imagine that the stretching part does.

When I was little I had a book about different kinds of people from around the world and I remember some pictures of some tribal people (I believe the book said they were from Africa) with piercings similiar to these. So, this style isn''t new by any means, but is fairly new to American culture.

It''s not my personal style, but it seems like many do find it appealing. Whatever floats your boat!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 11:41:49 AM
Author: asscherisme
Gail, yes I have seen it and it grosses me out too. I took my kids to Chilis for lunch yesterday and our waiter had his ear like that. I had trouble not staring at it!

Julia, I hope it heals well for you! I SO want to get my other holes closed up! Its bugging me more each day.

Oh and here is something that kinda freaked me out, or got me all pissed at myself for something I did almost 20 years ago. I put my earrings on yesterday without a mirror, and was HORRIFIED to realize that one of my studs was in the second hole by accident! When I put them it, the earring just slipped in normally. I thought that hole was long closed up since its been at least 13 or 14 years since I have worn an earring in it. But nope, when I was in a hurry and then later looked in the mirror and saw where the earring was I got so disgusted I just took the earrings out and put them away.

I don''t think I can enjoy any earrings until I get my ears fixed. I''m not an OCD personality type at all but when I look in the mirror all I see is those extra holes. AND it completely takes away from enjoying my diamond studs. Into the box to collect dust!
Oh Asherisme, I so feel for you! I have to tell you, I have worn my hair back for two days in a row to work and it feels so wonderful. I no longer feel "so" embarassed, even with just the first hole closed up (It showed the most for some weird reason). The redness disappeared and it looks as if nothing was ever there. I am so ready to do the others.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results