shape
carat
color
clarity

Surfgirl, can you tell me about your diamond solitare necklace?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Hi Surfgirl,

I just discovered your post featuring your collection of bling and boxes and loved it!

I really like your diamond pendant. Can you tell me about it? Is it bezel-set? I''m looking for one for x-mas.

Thanks!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi dearheart...I just saw this post...The diamond necklace was actually a 3-prong setting in plat. It's set by a local San Diego jeweler who made the setting up for me. They did it in such a way that you don't see the baskety setting behind it, and the prongs are rather delicate so the stone looks more like it's floating on the fine chain. I really like the look but to be honest, I dont wear it alot because it's a fixed setting and therefore, always seems to wind up around my neck and I'm constantly futzing with it. If I was to re do it, I'd try to make it movable, but then they tend to look more "V-shaped" on the neck and I like the more rounded look so...there ya go! Way too much information but...If you're in the area I can give you the jewelers name...

One more thing...when making up a setting like this one has to be careful about the two links that connect to the chain...if too big, they look like "rabbit ears" so it's important that your jeweler makes them petite so they blend in with the chain...and that all depends on the size of the links on your chain.

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Surfgirl,

Thank you so much for the information!

I really adore that delicate "floating" look, too.

I''ve always wanted a very thin, very shallow bezel-set diamond pendant and wanted it stationary for the roundness, too.

However, others have mentioned that if its stationary, it does tend to flip and move around the neck quite a bit. I certainly know what you mean, too, about the loops closest to the diamond being too big and giving the whole thing that awful "mickey mouse" look. Hmm.

I tried on an 18 inch the other day that fell in a nice spot, and I believe BF is on the hunt. He knows what I want (I''m good at dropping hints!) so I''m kind of excited to see what turns up on Christmas morn.

Thanks again for the advice. We are in Philly, but were just in San Fran last month. When the time comes for the e-ring, I have quite a list of places I''d like to visit, including some of the fabulous shops you''ve mentioned on the West Coast!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
dearheart, I''m glad my post was helpful to you. BTW, I love your avatar...where was it shot? It looks to me like SE Asia but I''m guessing its not?

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Thanks surfgirl!

It''s the Congo, where Audrey Hepburn was filming A Nun''s Story.

It does look so exotic and lovely!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ah Ha! But is it you in the photo? And which "Congo"? DRC or Brazzaville? It actually evokes that lovely film, The Scent of Green Papaya" for me...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl can you repost a pic or the link to your necklace? I would love to see it.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, thanks for asking...Mr. Surfgirl thought I had too much photo information on this site so I asked to have some of my threads taken down for that reason. I can try to post one of that necklace but honestly, it''s not all that amazing. Just a very pretty .50ct rb set in 3 prong plat setting on plat chain..the usual!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results