shape
carat
color
clarity

Super-Ideal Cut, Dim room, Cloudy Day, Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, guys, I was bored out of my mind today; and I was in the mood to play with my digital camera. It was a gray rainy day here in the Northeast, and I remember reading about diamonds in these conditions. I have always found it to be an interesting view because I think that this is the kind of lighting where the polish and the contrast of the diamond really show up. Is this the best light for eye-popping flashes? Obviously not. However, I think it has an appeal all on its own. I took a few and I will post them. This first was taken in macro mode, no flash, no other light source except what filtered in while it was taped to a window sill at 5:30 p.m. The window faces the east. (this is just FYI) Let me know what you think.

Shay

gring11.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
These next ones are taken in macro, same lighting conditions, loupe over lens.

Shay

gring2.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
This is the last one. Hope you guys enjoy another one of my nutty experiments.

Shay

gring10.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
This pic was taken out the window I was taking photos in front of. I wanted to show you the light quality (or lack thereof) of the day.

Shay

gday1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
The arrows look supreme.
Thanks for the shots.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
A stunning stone!
love.gif
And the overcast light really makes the arrows clear...I wonder why???
read.gif

Are you in the Northeast? This weather s*cks!
14.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yup, RI and it does bite, big time. My kids are driving me nuts because they can't go outside.

Shay

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, Shay, the tape! LOL. I love the second and third pics, especially the third -- something about the angle and tape is quite gauzy looking in the close ups.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies guys. Patty, the ladder is because of gutter work being done on our house. (bought it in May of 2003) The house was built in 1908 so there is plenty of work left to do.
cry.gif
Matata, it was either the tape or chewing gum. (which was my first instinct)
9.gif
Rowan, thank you. And the weather in RI still bites.

Shay

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl pics
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results