shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid Me! (Make me feel better, tell me what dumb thing you did today)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So we use the garage/laundry room to get in and out of our house. There was a dent/hole in the wall when we moved in that has grown over time from the door handle. Over the weekend I made the whole a lot larger by accident (full disclosure: I was angry and threw the door open but had no intention of it hitting the wall, I was just a bit over zealous in my frustration) and the handle went straight through the drywall and our small hole turned into a big one; so DH begain fixing it yesterday, let it dry and then finished it up this morning. He spent about two hours working on it this morning, patching, painting, etc. So I come home, throw the garage door open (I wasn''t upset this time, just glad to be home) and smack, recreate the hole that he spent his morning fixing. IDIOT! We immediately went to the store and purchased a door stop thingy along with new materials to fix it, but I feel so horribly stupid, and he doesn''t want me to fix it, he''s determined to do so himself.

Make me feel better, what dumb thing did you do today?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, I''ve done stuff like that before!

My stupid moment of the week: A friend had an overdue shower gift that she had been meaning to give me, but kept forgetting every time we got together. She finally brought it to a Tastefully Simple party we were both attending, and I left it at the host''s house!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kim, I didn''t do it today. In fact, I did it about 23 years ago, but I remember it just like it was today. We had purchased a waterbed, and I was opening up the box to the mattress, with an exacto knife....
lol.gif

Now, I''m not a TOTAL moron, I knew what I was doing was dangerous, but thought I was being careful enough not to slice it. Apparently that sucker was really packed in there, and pressing against the taped seam I was gently running the knife down. I cut about a 3 inch slice in it.
yikes2.gif
I finally had to tell hubby, who had spent I don''t know how long putting the frame together. He just looked at me, and fell onto the old mattress.
crackup.gif

I hadn''t planned on ever sharing that gem, but I wanted to make you feel better, or at least laugh. Hope I achieved something by sharing one of my few REALLY dumb moments.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 7:49:42 PM
Author: Sabine
Awe, I''ve done stuff like that before!

My stupid moment of the week: A friend had an overdue shower gift that she had been meaning to give me, but kept forgetting every time we got together. She finally brought it to a Tastefully Simple party we were both attending, and I left it at the host''s house!
Thanks for making me feel a tiny bit better, Sabine. I cried when I saw what I''d done because I felt so horrible. That''s way out of character for me and DH was staring at me like I had sprouted a new head, he wasn''t sure how to comfort me so he tossed me in the car to get the door stop thingy and more supplies.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing, Ellen. 23 years is a long time to go without doing something stupid, I''m going to aim for your record!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:03:02 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Thanks for sharing, Ellen. 23 years is a long time to go without doing something stupid, I''m going to aim for your record!
Hey, now wait a minute, I never said I hadn''t done anything dumb since then, but that was one of my doozers.
9.gif
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I ran over to my boss at 3:45 and asked if it was ok for me to run over "really quickly" to pick up my car that was done in the body shop. She asked if I was going to be back and I said that it would only take 20 minutes or so.

Yeah, I didn''t get back to the office until 6:15!!! Stupid car rental place, collision place, and flat tire!!!

She was gone by the time I got there and I had two emails to answer to
6.gif
38.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:08:59 PM
Author: Ellen

Hey, now wait a minute, I never said I hadn''t done anything dumb since then, but that was one of my doozers.
9.gif
2.gif
Ellen, you''re so spectacular I just assumed it was the last dumb thing you''d done!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:16:17 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I ran over to my boss at 3:45 and asked if it was ok for me to run over ''really quickly'' to pick up my car that was done in the body shop. She asked if I was going to be back and I said that it would only take 20 minutes or so.

Yeah, I didn''t get back to the office until 6:15!!! Stupid car rental place, collision place, and flat tire!!!

She was gone by the time I got there and I had two emails to answer to
6.gif
38.gif
Grrrrr to the car rental place, fiery!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Eeee.....that not good.....but I do dumb things EVERY day!

Here''s today''s story.

I bought a used SUV a year ago, but it had no keyless entry remote. Dealer didn''t know whether or not it was even equipped with the system. So I bought a remote off ebay. (much cheaper than dealership, and it comes with do it yourself programming instructions) I''ve done that with another vehicle. Cheap and easy! Anywho, I got in the truck and was doing what the instructions tell me, and to my surprise, it worked!!! YAY! But in my excitment apparently I pressed one too many buttons or something, and the panic alarm started going off (didn''t even know I had one) and the doors lock automatically. Yup. I was locked inside my own vehicle. In the driveway. With the lights blinking and the horn honking. In the hot sun. And the car won''t turn on when its in this mode.
And I''m sitting here thinking to myself - holy crap, I''m gonna be the idiot that dies of heat exhaustion locked inside their own car, keys in hand!!!!! I didn''t have my cell on me. I just started pressing every button in sight to try to make it stop. It didn''t. Finally I sat still, and just figured I''d wait for either the neighbors or the cops. Luckily it shut off after a few minutes. I guess there''s a time limit on the alarm or something. And then I could unlock the doors to get out.
So ya, don''t feel too bad Kimberly. I have really dumb stuff happen to me most days!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
We were under construction.

My ER (sapphire/diamond "diana" ring) and Wedding Gift RHR (5 stone diamond band 1.5tcw) were not insured because: we have a SAFE in the house (don't even get me started about how stupid that logic was)

Where are my rings when the house is getting torn apart? In the safe? NO!

On my desk in a ziploc baggie.

I THREW THEM OUT.

stoopid stoopid stoopid

LS

p.s. but we're all sorted now!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:17:57 PM

9.gif
2.gif
Ellen, you''re so spectacular I just assumed it was the last dumb thing you''d done!
Ha! What a lovely thought, if only it were true!

And thank you, yer making me blush.
5.gif
You''re pretty spectacular yourself, so don''t beat yourself up too much about this. You too will laugh about it one day.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:20:01 PM
Author: joflier
Eeee.....that not good.....but I do dumb things EVERY day!

Here''s today''s story.

I bought a used SUV a year ago, but it had no keyless entry remote. Dealer didn''t know whether or not it was even equipped with the system. So I bought a remote off ebay. (much cheaper than dealership, and it comes with do it yourself programming instructions) I''ve done that with another vehicle. Cheap and easy! Anywho, I got in the truck and was doing what the instructions tell me, and to my surprise, it worked!!! YAY! But in my excitment apparently I pressed one too many buttons or something, and the panic alarm started going off (didn''t even know I had one) and the doors lock automatically. Yup. I was locked inside my own vehicle. In the driveway. With the lights blinking and the horn honking. In the hot sun. And the car won''t turn on when its in this mode.
And I''m sitting here thinking to myself - holy crap, I''m gonna be the idiot that dies of heat exhaustion locked inside their own car, keys in hand!!!!! I didn''t have my cell on me. I just started pressing every button in sight to try to make it stop. It didn''t. Finally I sat still, and just figured I''d wait for either the neighbors or the cops. Luckily it shut off after a few minutes. I guess there''s a time limit on the alarm or something. And then I could unlock the doors to get out.
So ya, don''t feel too bad Kimberly. I have really dumb stuff happen to me most days!
jo, I set my car alarm off while driving on the freeway once, and the button on the keypad was going bad, so I couldn''t turn it off...talk about stupid! I feel for ya! I think I feel really bad because DH did all the work and I mucked it up.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:21:38 PM
Author: LostSapphire

My ER (sapphire/diamond ''diana'' ring) and Wedding Gift RHR (5 stone diamond band 1.5tcw) were not insured because: we have a SAFE in the house (don''t even get me started about how stupid that logic was)

I THREW THEM OUT.

stoopid stoopid stoopid

LS

p.s. but we''re all sorted now!
OH NO! I''m glad it''s sorted out. I''ve thrown my rings out before too. Maybe I''m not just dumb today...I think I''m dumb every day...sad!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:22:07 PM

Date: 9/25/2008 8:17:57 PM

9.gif
2.gif
Ha! What a lovely thought, if only it were true!

And thank you, yer making me blush.
5.gif
You''re pretty spectacular yourself, so don''t beat yourself up too much about this. You too will laugh about it one day.
2.gif
Just statin'' the facts ma''am, no need to blush. I''ll probably be laughing about it tomorrow, but I still feel dumb.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:28:37 PM
jo, I set my car alarm off while driving on the freeway once, and the button on the keypad was going bad, so I couldn''t turn it off...talk about stupid! I feel for ya! I think I feel really bad because DH did all the work and I mucked it up.
Oh how embarrassing! I know, that''s too bad about him doing all that, and then you did it again.....but hey, worse things have happened. Ya know.....like the garage didn''t fall over or anything....that coulda been worse, right?

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a teacher-midterm grades are due Monday and I accidentally deleted AN ENTIRE CLASSES WORTH OF GRADES! and I had no printouts or paper records...Thanks GOD there is an undelete button-but I freaked out for a good 10 minutes...oh and then my co-worker discovered a lost diamond in my RHR-someone was watching over me because I did find it!
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:29:28 PM

My ER (sapphire/diamond ''diana'' ring) and Wedding Gift RHR (5 stone diamond band 1.5tcw) were not insured because: we have a SAFE in the house (don''t even get me started about how stupid that logic was)

I THREW THEM OUT.

stoopid stoopid stoopid

LS

OH NO! I''m glad it''s sorted out. I''ve thrown my rings out before too. Maybe I''m not just dumb today...I think I''m dumb every day...sad!
I should clarify: no, I didn''t find them. We had to buy new....(note the line re: "not insured") yikes

LS

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I have a good one.. Its from when I was like maybe in the 6-8th grade... hahaha.. its funny...

WELL i did all the chores in the house...and I had to mop the floors.. well we had one of those tubs in our laundry room, and I was filling it up.. WELL I got busy and FORGOT... needless to say I FLOODED the ENTIRE laundry room and GARAGE.. AHHHHH... I cleaned it up before my parents got home, but I ruined some stuff in the garage... and when my mom realized that they were ruined... I pretend I didnt know why?!?!? opppssie... :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:30:22 PM
Author: joflier

Date: 9/25/2008 8:28:37 PM
Oh how embarrassing! I know, that''s too bad about him doing all that, and then you did it again.....but hey, worse things have happened. Ya know.....like the garage didn''t fall over or anything....that coulda been worse, right?
I did that when I was about 18, now I think it''s funny. Worse things certainly have happened, thanks for reminding me!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:40:39 PM
Author: blondebunny
I have a good one.. Its from when I was like maybe in the 6-8th grade... hahaha.. its funny...

WELL i did all the chores in the house...and I had to mop the floors.. well we had one of those tubs in our laundry room, and I was filling it up.. WELL I got busy and FORGOT... needless to say I FLOODED the ENTIRE laundry room and GARAGE.. AHHHHH... I cleaned it up before my parents got home, but I ruined some stuff in the garage... and when my mom realized that they were ruined... I pretend I didnt know why?!?!? opppssie... :)
That''s so funny...ooopsie is right! I may have done exactly what you did ("I don''t know what happened!?").

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:36:43 PM

Date: 9/25/2008 8:29:28 PM

I THREW THEM OUT.

stoopid stoopid stoopid

LS

I should clarify: no, I didn''t find them. We had to buy new....(note the line re: ''not insured'') yikes

LS
Yikes, you''re making me want to insure my rings (I know, I''m a terrible PSer with uninsured rings!).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:35:53 PM
Author: Blair138
I''m a teacher-midterm grades are due Monday and I accidentally deleted AN ENTIRE CLASSES WORTH OF GRADES! and I had no printouts or paper records...Thanks GOD there is an undelete button-but I freaked out for a good 10 minutes...oh and then my co-worker discovered a lost diamond in my RHR-someone was watching over me because I did find it!
36.gif
I just finished a credential program, Blair, so I feel for you because I can only imagine how you were feeling. HOORAY for un-delete buttons.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I just drove around for an hour and a half because I thought I knew where I was going and was in a rush so I didn''t pack my GPS.

Yeah. Note to self. Don''t keep GPS in fancy purse. Keep it hidden in the car!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I started a fire on the stove boiling water. Now THAT''s talent.
15.gif

I put a little bit of oil in some water and turned the stove to high (my favourite way to cook) and then, while waiting for it to boil, went to the computer room and got in a few PS threads ... forgot all about the water. By the time I remembered, the water was boiling over and the water in the oil was causing a fire with the element. Embarrassing and dangerous. I was coughing from the thick smoke in the air and had to scrub down the kitchen, turn on fans and open every window and door. I was really dumb and very lucky.

Needless to say .... not doing that again.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:53:04 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
I started a fire on the stove boiling water. Now THAT''s talent.
15.gif

I put a little bit of oil in some water and turned the stove to high (my favourite way to cook) and then, while waiting for it to boil, went to the computer room and got in a few PS threads ... forgot all about the water. By the time I remembered, the water was boiling over and the water in the oil was causing a fire with the element. Embarrassing and dangerous. I was coughing from the thick smoke in the air and had to scrub down the kitchen, turn on fans and open every window and door. I was really dumb and very lucky.

Needless to say .... not doing that again.

Okay...please don''t be offended. But that really REALLY made me laugh. And I really really needed to laugh.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:58:57 PM
Author: princesss

Okay...please don''t be offended. But that really REALLY made me laugh. And I really really needed to laugh.
Good, I''m glad.
No offense taken at all, princesss.
25.gif
I''m a goof!
Better that you laugh instead of shaking your head saying ... stoopid.
40.gif

It was dumb. Is there a prize for the best "Wow - you were
23.gif
dumb"?

I''m just glad that no one was over or around to witness it ... Unless they are PS members, no one else will ever know about it. Well ... I did tell FI but I don''t think he got the full picture. I won''t elaborate for him.
41.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 8:49:14 PM
Date: 9/25/2008 8:35:53 PM

Author: Blair138

36.gif
I just finished a credential program, Blair, so I feel for you because I can only imagine how you were feeling. HOORAY for un-delete buttons.

Kimberly-I was in the middle of listening to presentations/grading and had to freak out to myself because I couldn''t do anything...I wasn''t OK until I got home later in the day...I still can''t believe that happened
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still dying over this. This was bad.

I am typing on my husbands Mac, computer crashed today... So am going to be away from PS for a while, FYI...

Ok, so we had bought the house in nantucket. My husband wanted me to work with his friends GF. She''s a decorator. I love the guy, so figured, cool, I can use the help. Well she was of little help. Sent me like 2 samples when I asked for 4. I went to vent to my DH about her, since her name starts with the same letter as my DH''s guess who got the email???
She did. I could have died, but it worked out well. I would have been spinning my wheels with her. I got the house done very quickly on my own. But the kicker?? She still charged us 10K. We paid, because of a friendship.

The friend dumped her shortly afterwards., But she sure has my money.

38.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:32:37 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I am still dying over this. This was bad.

I am typing on my husbands Mac, computer crashed today... So am going to be away from PS for a while, FYI...

Ok, so we had bought the house in nantucket. My husband wanted me to work with his friends GF. She''s a decorator. I love the guy, so figured, cool, I can use the help. Well she was of little help. Sent me like 2 samples when I asked for 4. I went to vent to my DH about her, since her name starts with the same letter as my DH''s guess who got the email???
She did. I could have died, but it worked out well. I would have been spinning my wheels with her. I got the house done very quickly on my own. But the kicker?? She still charged us 10K. We paid, because of a friendship.

The friend dumped her shortly afterwards., But she sure has my money.

38.gif
BLECK, that''s just rotten on her part....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results