shape
carat
color
clarity

stroller with baby rolls into train tracks (happy ending)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i''m sure this mom is thanking a higher being after her baby actually survived this..

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/16/australia.baby.train.escape/index.html

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just watched this. Good God that stroller took off like lightening - I have no idea why it even moved, it looked like there was a slight upwards incline, too. How scary!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
that reminds me of a horror film, was it the exorcist?, where the stoller takes off... so happy that the baby and mother are doing alright.

eta: i think it was ghostbusters....

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!
6.gif
So glad the baby is okay!!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! That is amazing. I can''t believe that. That video needs to be shown to anyone that doesn''t believe in miracles.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This video just makes me weak in the knees...can't IMAGINE what that mother went through! And was there a conductor of the train?? Can you imagine how they must have felt if they saw the stroller go under the train? But what FLOORS me is how the people on the platform, near the mother just basically walk away and leave her there! What the heck is that all about? It's not like they were rushing to call for help or anything either! I'd be freaking out if I saw that happen right in front of me! And at least try to comfort her!
20.gif

(This is a different clip from the one they showed on our local news today...after the train came in, people ran up to it at first, then basically walked away...leaving the mom there). Maybe they were too shaken to stay around to see what happened...not sure...but it would be horrifying for anyone to see that, until they knew the baby was alright.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God--that poor mother. I''m so glad the baby was alright.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, my heart is in my throat right now. And in that clip they kept playing it over and over.

My ex and I use to fight all the time about him forgetting to put on the stroller breaks. He always thought I was being silly by insisting on the stroller breaks!

That video is chilling.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Completely shocking. I felt horrible for the mom .. it must have been horrific. I think people only walked away because they were in shock too - just wanted to give the mom space.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I saw this yesterday on the news and I cried and cried. OMG, that poor woman. I think the people on the platform with her were just deeply shocked, it seemed to happen very fast. I thought they were moving towards the baby though, rather than just away from her. Hard to tell. Even knowing her wee boy is ok, it''s still one of the most harrowing things to watch.

I have a wrist strap to attach to DD''s stroller and I''m going to use it evey single time we''re out from now on. I don''t always bother.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 5:24:43 PM
Author: Ara Ann
This video just makes me weak in the knees...can't IMAGINE what that mother went through! And was there a conductor of the train?? Can you imagine how they must have felt if they saw the stroller go under the train? But what FLOORS me is how the people on the platform, near the mother just basically walk away and leave her there! What the heck is that all about? It's not like they were rushing to call for help or anything either! I'd be freaking out if I saw that happen right in front of me! And at least try to comfort her!
20.gif

(This is a different clip from the one they showed on our local news today...after the train came in, people ran up to it at first, then basically walked away...leaving the mom there). Maybe they were too shaken to stay around to see what happened...not sure...but it would be horrifying for anyone to see that, until they knew the baby was alright.

I know. How amazing that there was a happy ending!

Ara Ann, maybe you saw more of the clip than I did, but I think the people near her ran forwards to try to help and then backed away because watching someone lose their baby like that (as far as they knew at the time) was just too awful to witness. I don't think I would want a stranger to bearhug me the instant it happened or anything. I think that was a natural human reaction of, oh no, that was too awful, and now we must let this woman wail in peace. It looked like in a later clip a lot of people were running to the front to tell the conductor to call help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results