shape
carat
color
clarity

Stress busters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Just wondering, what constructive stuff do you guys do when you are feeling really stressed out? Usually I exercise, talk with friends, and look @ jewelry on the web.
I''m a grad student and will also be a TA and working at an internship this fall, so I could definitely use some more ideas to deal with stress in a constructive way (ie, keep me from the Ben and Jerrys!)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gail!

When I am stressed I go to the spa...nothing relaxes me like a steam shower and a full body massage...lol
emwink.gif

How are ya???

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
nuff said....

SW68603.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Strm.... whatever!

Dani, that''s a great idea! I''m doing well, that is, aside from gearing up for an incredibly busy year, but well otherwise! How are you? When is the big wedding day? What did you decide to do about your wedding band?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 10:33:13 PM
Author: gailrmv
Strm.... whatever!
one or 2 of those and 500 rounds of ammo and a range and a few hours latter a lot less stress.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 10:38:41 PM
Author: strmrdr

Strm.... whatever!
one or 2 of those and 500 rounds of ammo and a range and a few hours latter a lot less stress.

I take it this part is key :)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 10:30:25 PM
Author: strmrdr
nuff said....

Ahhh, Strm, that is one of my favorite relaxers too
9.gif
I like shooting at the trap range too.

As for other stuff, you may think I''m weird, but I clean house
3.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, pre-kids when I had the luxury of a few minutes alone to myself, I used to cozy up in a comfy chair with a blanket, a book, a cup of something hot, and some jazz in the background.

Nowadays, I hop onto PS or indulge in a pedicure....or retail therapy: I''ll treat myself to a $25 treat at Macy''s, i.e. t-shirt or makeup.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 1:37:47 AM
Author: flower12
strmrdr, is it your''s?
that specific one isnt but there is a couple of its brothers here.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
When school is really tough and I'm staying up until three for the third night in a row, I do "midnight baking"...brownies at 12AM. They also give you enough of a sugar charge to stay up a bit longer as well.

Honestly though the best de-stresser is sleep or exercize. Short of that I tend to cook or try to get FI to cuddle or engage in other such activites.

ETA: The key to the brownies is that you have to have a suseptible crowd of friends to give them to so you don;t eat them ALL.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Strm.... whatever!

Dani, that's a great idea! I'm doing well, that is, aside from gearing up for an incredibly busy year, but well otherwise! How are you? When is the big wedding day? What did you decide to do about your wedding band?

Gail-

Did you see this thread? Gives the details of the place we chose for our wedding

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-found-a-place-now-help-me-pick-a-date.47204/

We ended up picking September 28th of '07 as our date. We are so excited and just started booking a few vendors....

Wedding band wise, we'll see. I am going to try on a few different bands and see if the gap bothers me...if it really does, then we'll see if we have the $$ to have it reset it, but I doubt we will. With the wedding now, the ring is low on the priority list. Plus, I really do love my setting, I hate to change it...Remember that Tiffany band I showed you I liked? I tried it on with my e-ring in the store a while back and even though there was a gap, it still looked really good. So, I have my hopes up that I will be able to find something that looks good. My mom keeps insisting that the whole "flush-fit" thing is just a trend- she thinks it looks fine with a gap. But I dont know, it my mom...
2.gif

Hope everything is going well with you and school...I am studying for my NP boards that I plan to take sometime in the fall...what are you studying?
Good luck with everything and stay in touch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results