shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange thing I realized today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A while back Wallermama (I think??) had a post about the fact the being on PS has lead some of us to buy more jewelry than we would if we weren't on here so often.

I find that the opposite is true with me. I get an odd sort of satisfaction when you all buy things and I get to look at them time and time again from the fabulous photos you all post.

Seems like everything time I think... wow, I'd love that. Someone on here buys something similar eventually and its like a rush for me to see their joy and excitement. I get all caught up in it, and then I'm satisfied. It leaves my list.

Strange huh?

But really GREAT on the pocket book.
9.gif

And let me tell you.. Harriet might just be my greatest trick to saving money. I could watch her shop for days and feel satisfied without spending a dime! (Hope you don't mind the gentle ribbing Harriet)
27.gif
2.gif

Anyone else have this reaction?

I think that's part of the reason why the re-setting bug hasn't hit me in a while now... everyone's new settings, especially the new Leon's and Mark T's are so fabulous... it seems each is better than the last and it's just so much fun to see what you all buy next!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally agree Gypsy...in fact, the more I look, the less I am inclined to buy for some reason...I do so enjoy seeing others'' happiness gained from new puchases!

When the times are right for me, though, I absolutely have no problem with posting about it, hee hee!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When the time is right. Definitely.

Right now, it's just not. But it's so nice to see that it is for others... and store up ideas for when that time comes for me.

For example I know that when the time is right I will be buying a three stone ring with a cushion and half moon or trapezoid sides (or five stone and add a couple of baguettes after the two main sidestones). Either with a white diamond or colored stone in the center. Made by Leon Mage with double claw prongs on the center.

But that's about it. For now.
11.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree about enjoying seeing the new acquisitions of others! And it does make me refine my list. I don''t personally want everything I see! But it does keep jewelry on my mind and I do have a very nice wish list (all of which I''ll never get!):

resetting wedding set into my dream setting

three stone Leon with blue sapphire center and side diamonds

cushion like Boston Jeff''s or an antique ring with OMC or OEC

standalone eternity ring of rb''s (maybe .15-.20 each)

asscher split shank Leon like Starry''s (the least likely to happen unless I make one with a colored stone)

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The same for me too Gypsy!

But sometimes it backfires...I will make up my mind YES...this is the perfect choice for me, and then I get broadsided with someone who made another choice and I think...hmmm I better weigh that option before I decide.

I am so glad I didn''t pull the trigger before my PS addiction...man would I have regretted that. I find it strange how the refinement of LM or MM or Bill Pearlmans inventory has changed my eye to what I feel is attractive now. The claw prong looked so alien to me when I first joined the forum. Now, I can''t imagine anything but.

You are not alone Gypsy Girl! I am glad we have some heavy hitting spenders to live vicariously through. I thank all of you, as does Mr. Doorknob.

DKS

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It works that way for me, too, Gypsy. Don''t get me wrong, I have a very long wish list, but, it makes me so happy to see other people with these treasures!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely wouldn''t buy a lot of jewellery now. I would rather keep my money and put it towards something really special instead. I too love looking at everyone elses bling though!
36.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
PS has definitely made me more aware of quality. I do buy fewer things because I don''t want to buy any old thing. I''d rather wait and save up for something that is really good.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it works in a couple of ways for me. In some ways, it gives me exposure to beautiful stones and settings I never even knew of before ps...and now that I want! On the other hand, I hold out longer for things I really want, buy quality, and buy fewer purchases. I rarely buy jewelry junk anymore, but often buy one or two nice pieces a year now.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you Gypsy. I definitely love living vicariously through PSers and seeing pictures of PSers beautiful bling! It does help me refine my wish list. And it IS great for your finances! I haven''t bought or upgraded any jewelry in a whole year!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2007 3:26:10 AM
Author:Gypsy
A while back Wallermama (I think??) had a post about the fact the being on PS has lead some of us to buy more jewelry than we would if we weren''t on here so often.

I find that the opposite is true with me. I get an odd sort of satisfaction when you all buy things and I get to look at them time and time again from the fabulous photos you all post.

Seems like everything time I think... wow, I''d love that. Someone on here buys something similar eventually and its like a rush for me to see their joy and excitement. I get all caught up in it, and then I''m satisfied. It leaves my list.

Strange huh?

But really GREAT on the pocket book.
9.gif

And let me tell you.. Harriet might just be my greatest trick to saving money. I could watch her shop for days and feel satisfied without spending a dime! (Hope you don''t mind the gentle ribbing Harriet)
27.gif
2.gif

Anyone else have this reaction?

I think that''s part of the reason why the re-setting bug hasn''t hit me in a while now... everyone''s new settings, especially the new Leon''s and Mark T''s are so fabulous... it seems each is better than the last and it''s just so much fun to see what you all buy next!
I''m waiting for someone to do a diamond pendant in a light blue sapphire halo so I can scratch THAT off *my* list
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Being here "made" me spend almost 20k over what I initially intended to. So if I NEVER buy anything ever again and attribute that to reading here, I still think I''m way in the hole LOL My husband is glad that I have no plans to buy any more *large* diamonds, but there are still large sapphires to buy.... and small diamonds to buy....
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
And let me tell you.. Harriet might just be my greatest trick to saving money. I could watch her shop for days and feel satisfied without spending a dime! (Hope you don''t mind the gentle ribbing Harriet)
27.gif
2.gif
I don''t mind at all. You''ve conferred a dubious distinction on me though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2007 5:59:16 PM
Author: Harriet

27.gif
2.gif
I don''t mind at all. You''ve conferred a dubious distinction on me though.
How so?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I had the same reaction as you...I get enabled to buy MORE stuff.
37.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m the opposite: the more I look at everything on here, the more things I want.
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too FG. I was bitten by the asscher bug but don''t have the $$$ to get one so I caved in and went the coloured gemstone route. You guys are so bad on my wallet.
9.gif
Also, if not for PS, I would never have discovered old cut stones and gotten my OEC too. And not to forget my other gemstones.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I actually spend *less* money on jewelry than if I hadn''t found PS. Now I INSIST on perfection--which is virtually impossible to find, therefore I end up passing on a lot of pieces--whereas without PS I might have *settled* for something less. (Of course if you told my husband that I actually spend less now on jewelry *with PS* I bet he would solidly disagree, LOL!)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, in terms of quality - my eyes have been opened to a whole different world. I no longer browse mall stores. I just can''t handle the quality and watching JTV and such is very painful to my eyes and ears too. So I no longer make impulsive purchases on lower quality items but instead my tastes now runs to the expensive stuff that I have to save for and wait for a special occasion as an excuse.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2007 9:05:42 PM
You''re making me feel guilty!
17.gif

Not my intention at all. I think you love beautiful, designer things and have the means to afford them. What''s to feel guilty about? Are your children starving because you want a Cartier this or a Tiffany that? No. SO ENJOY!
2.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish! Being on PS has definitely enabled me to spend more.
40.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m fairly certain we wouldn''t have spent as much as we did on my ering if it weren''t for PS... But at least it''s a great quality stone!

It does make me want more, bigger and better quality jewellery, but it''s not making me buy more. I''ve always been a saver, and right now I''m not in a situation where I can dish out big bucks for luxury items.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 4:52:13 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/28/2007 9:05:42 PM
You''re making me feel guilty!
17.gif

Not my intention at all. I think you love beautiful, designer things and have the means to afford them. What''s to feel guilty about? Are your children starving because you want a Cartier this or a Tiffany that? No. SO ENJOY!
2.gif
Oh Gypsy, I never actually thought it was your intention. I was just ribbing you back. True, but my wardrobe is suffering. I went shopping and wanted to return the whole shopping bag when I realised I could have bought a Van Cleef something instead!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey no sweat. I just spent big $$ on bedlinens, swing arm lamps, and art/framing for our bedroom.

Now I need end tables for the living room.
11.gif
AND I just found out that a cousin of mine gets a HUGE discount on Baker furniture. I LOVE Baker. I''m in deep trouble.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I did a lot of Baker and Karges in my home, they have lovely things.

I find I want MORE, because I look at things and think, hey, one of those would be so great! It is just one of those things with me, if you pique my interest and get me thinking along a certain path, forget it, I am done! I cannot think of anything else. But I do also get to check things out and decide, hey, that is not my taste, or not something I think I want, which is fine too. Works both ways. luckily.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m the opposite, but you guys already know that, LOL.
3.gif
But the quality of what I buy, the bar has been raised, so am happy about that. I think long and hard before adding a piece, has to be classic and timeless. I don''t buy on a whim. No regrets here!!!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 7:20:21 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hey no sweat. I just spent big $$ on bedlinens, swing arm lamps, and art/framing for our bedroom.

Now I need end tables for the living room.
11.gif
AND I just found out that a cousin of mine gets a HUGE discount on Baker furniture. I LOVE Baker. I''m in deep trouble.
What''s Baker furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results