shape
carat
color
clarity

standard ring band width?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meow

Rough_Rock
Is 3mm the standard width of the band on a solitaire with, let''s say, a 2.5 carat center diamond? I am just trying to figure out it out. I have never really thought about the band width before (I always look at the stones), but a friend of mine just got a 3 stone emerald cut ring and she has just gone on and on about how wide the bands are and how that is great. Could anyone clear this up for me?

Tali

Rough_Rock
Just a matter of personal taste. I have a 3 stone Ering width 4mm/WB is 3mm. I've seen every possible permutation, here and IRL. There is no set "standard." For me, what really looks nice IMO depends totally on finger length. No way could I pull off a 10 mm ring. My fingers are way too short. A client of mine has approx (I've never asked) 10mm band w/her solitaire (prob 1ct or slightly more), flanked by 2 dainty 1-1.5mm eternity bands. I think it's lovely, but wouldn't be able to bend my finger!!

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I agree on the "personal opinion".
It depends on how they look on YOUR finger, and if you like the looks of it or not.
My 2 cents, I think the wider band is unattractive. SORRY "WIDEBANDERS"
2.gif

I would think that you would be able to feel it alot more when you bend your fingers. I like the thinner bands just for that reason.
I have a 3.05 solitaire on a 3mm, with a 3mm wedding band, and it looks just fine.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results